Looking for First Macross toy/model

Spacerat53

I have a Robotech Masterpiece Collection VF-1J in Max's colors. However I'm looking for my first Macross toy/model. However I'm looking for something that's good quality but not at a ridiculous price. Maybe within the 20$ to 100$ which is pushing my upper limit based on some research for my range.

Sadly you won't find anything good for your price tag. And now that Yamato is gone it is going to be worse. But maybe if you like build model kits, you can just wait for the Bandai 1/72 variable valk thats coming.

Edited by Froy

Bah don't listen to those guys, they are being super Emo.. :p

Here, both around or under 100$, one might be slightly more with shipping..

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6814-vf-1a-mass-production-tv-version-1-60.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6815-vf-1a-hayao-kakizaki-tv-version-1-60.html

the second one should be like 98$ shipped to the US.

HK Collectibles is your best bet!

Where do the links take you?

The first one takes me to a $729 item.

The second one takes me to a $599 item.

April 1st was two weeks ago. ;)

Edit: Oh, you must mean that the shipping is less than $100!

Those are HK dollars be sure to convert it to US dollars first. Use google to convert the amount

Thanks. Is there not a different currency symbol for the currency of Hong Kong?

But... They're both dollars, dude. It's just that one's HK and one's US. Hence "HK$" clearly labelled. Want your mind blown? Australia, Singapore and yes, CANADA use the dollar as well.

Edited by Renato

The basic: Yamato the toy company was closed recently. Some of their products were taken over but a new company but the status of their Macross product is unknown, so the price of many Yamato made Macross toys had shot up significantly.

Current best transforming toys:

VF-1: Yamato 1:60 version 2, Yamato 1:48, Bandai 1:100 VF-hi-metal. Made sure you don't carelessly bought a Yamato 1:60 version 1 from eBay.

VF-11: Yamato 1:60 VF-11. VF-11B can still be found at good price at hkcollectables.com and eBay.

VF-19: Yamato 1:60 VF-19. VF-19S and VF-19Kai can still be found at good price at hkcollectables.com and eBay.

VF-17: Yamato 1:60 VF-17. VF-17S can still be found at good price at hkcollectables.com and eBay.

I would not recomment YF-21/VF-22 to new comers. The others are too expensive now.

VF-25/YF29/VF-171: Bandai DX renewal series. They are well made but due to Bandai being run by fools they are hard to find at reasonable price. There are older version of Bandai DX VF-25 - they are OK but probably not worth the price most sellers are asking for.

If you just want some non-transforming action figures, HLJ is still selling some GN-U Duo at give-away price.

Model:

If you have the skill to build military jet model, there are many VFs from Hasegawa.

If you want a toy-like model that is easy to build, let's wait for Bandai 1:72 VF-1 that is coming out in June.

But... They're both dollars, dude. It's just that one's HK and one's US. Hence "HK$" clearly labelled. Want your mind blown? Australia, Singapore and yes, CANADA use the dollar as well.

Well, I guess that speaks to how often I get out of the US! It has been over 17 years since I left the country. I focused in on the "$" not the "HK" and read $729.

Relative to your other points: Ah, but are their dollars exactly equal to the US dollar amount?

Well, I guess that speaks to how often I get out of the US! It has been over 17 years since I left the country. I focused in on the "$" not the "HK" and read $729.

Relative to your other points: Ah, but are their dollars exactly equal to the US dollar amount?

If you look at current exchange rates, USD, AUD, and CAD are all within a few cents of each other. As for the others, 1 USD is about 1.24 SGD and 7.76 HKD.