Hah, you should have bought the first Scopedog (DMZ # 01). Lots of weathering and some Tampo printed markings.

The DMZ # 03 Scopedog with Round Mover is supposed to b a factory fresh version, so no markings or weathering. It's a toy of the new unused Scopedogs that Fyana and Chirico find on the Mystery spaceship X, in the Deadworld Sunsa story arc.

Graham

My DMZ 03 actually have a very very very nice soft weathering, I trully LOVE the paint job. Sure I "could" do it better, but it is awsome in the way it is. The DMZ 01 may be more weathered, but I am not sure if I will really like it... It should be really well done. You saw my Yamato, so I already have a heavy weathered doggie.

Question, can you find the Votoms animations in H.K. or I should order it somewhere wlse?

IPB Image

Wow, just WOW!. DMZ-05 will be Scoprdog Turbo Custom! However, it doesn't look like its the Red Shoulder version in Roots Ambition with a huge backpack. Its more like the all green version in The Last Red Shoulder.

Cool, I'm very happy to see the DMZ line (rumored dead a few months ago, although I was never sure why) has a lot of life left in it.

On another note, I ordered myself a 1/48 Burglarydog from HLJ. Being my first HLJ order ever I'm a little nervous. I've always avoided that site for some reason. How long does EMS shipping usually take, and was I a fool for spending more on it?

Cool, I'm very happy to see the DMZ line (rumored dead a few months ago, although I was never sure why) has a lot of life left in it.

On another note, I ordered myself a 1/48 Burglarydog from HLJ. Being my first HLJ order ever I'm a little nervous. I've always avoided that site for some reason. How long does EMS shipping usually take, and was I a fool for spending more on it?

EMS from HLJ is very fast. Usually takes 3 days from Japan to California once the package is out of the warehouse. I wouldn't worry about shipping at HLJ. Never had a problem for the past 5-6 years. The only thing is that if you ship SAL, expect to take 3-4 weeks.

EMS from HLJ is very fast. Usually takes 3 days from Japan to California once the package is out of the warehouse. I wouldn't worry about shipping at HLJ. Never had a problem for the past 5-6 years. The only thing is that if you ship SAL, expect to take 3-4 weeks.

Cool, that is fast. Glad I went with EMS, my impatient soul would probably eat me alive waiting for SAL.

Wow, just WOW!. DMZ-05 will be Scoprdog Turbo Custom! However, it doesn't look like its the Red Shoulder version in Roots Ambition with a huge backpack. Its more like the all green version in The Last Red Shoulder.

That's the kinda release news I've been waiting for.... looks like Takara will beat Yamato to the TC. Guess I will be getting that one, and I'm still debating the RabidryDog...

Well, Yamato did have the upcoming R/C RSTC. :D

Probably a wishful thinking, but really hope the 1/18 comes with some extra chain and ammo boxes to recreate the Roots of Ambition mission pack variation. Would not have enough extra parts to warrant a Weapon Set release, but that version do look mighty cool to not have released. Unless that will be a DMZ-06. But that would suck as I don't think I can afford two Turbo Customs with just minor changes.

wat is that MAP-03??? is it the whole scopedog or just the accessories and the microman??/?

Just weapon add-ons and the Microman Vanilla figure.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT77245

On the other hand, the Turbo Custom early bird is up at HLJ. That was quick! Reaching new heights on the DMZ price mark. With that price, it better come with some nifty accessories. Takara sure try to get back into the high end collector market with these high price releases lately.

Edited by mpchi

I hope you are right, meaning it has those Red Shoulder TC parts that I would love to have as well. With just the normal TC parts, they don't add up to 18880yen. DMZ-01 cost 10000yen, while the RSC parts and Microman like 4800yen. And thats counting 2 micromans, not one. So crossing my fingers on this one. :D

Edited by mpchi

Here's some more pics of the upcoming Takara-Tomy DMZ # 05 Scodedog Turbo Custom from the new July issue of Hobby Japan Magazine.

Looks like it will just have the standard Turbo Custom mission pack, without the chains and other stuff.

However, this is obviously just an early resin sculpt, so between now and the release in October a lot could change.

Graham

post-11-1180069731_thumb.jpg

I think this definitely the version from the Last Red Shoulder OVA, as the waist gatling dosen't connect to an extended chest vent as it does in the Roots of Ambition OVA versions.

If it is the Last Red Shoulder version then it means we could possibly be getting, some extra Scopedog hand weapons that Chirico's friends were carrying in the OVA, i.e. the SAT-03 bazooka (same as came with DMZ # 03) and HRAT-23 4 barrel rocket launcher gun. A short barrel GAT-22C is also used in the OVA, but the standard DMZ GAT-22 can convert to the short barrel version anyway.

Graham

Just weapon add-ons and the Microman Vanilla figure.

thanks dude.. so if we get this set.. vanilla fig wont have any scopedog to ride on...

hmmm.. maybe ill let him have the dmz-01 since dmz-04 has again a chirico figs... :lol:

this line is just getting better......... i wonder if bandai scopedog could compete with takara ones.

Is there a big difference between the Red Shoulder Custom and the Turbo Custom?

Different extra loadout equipment and different base Scopedog... the Red Shoulder Custom is a standard Scopedog with extra weapons (backpack, shoulder mounted missile pod, smoke launcher, arm gun, and waist mounted gattling gun and missile pod.) The Turbo Custom is a different model Scopedog with different Turbo legs... check out the picture Graham posted.... the new grey legs are what makes it a TC.

Sounds like October will be a good month... the TC is one of my favorites... and I already said I'd buy both Yamato and Takara TCs if the DMZ comes out first.

I think this definitely the version from the Last Red Shoulder OVA, as the waist gatling dosen't connect to an extended chest vent as it does in the Roots of Ambition OVA versions.

If it is the Last Red Shoulder version then it means we could possibly be getting, some extra Scopedog hand weapons that Chirico's friends were carrying in the OVA, i.e. the SAT-03 bazooka (same as came with DMZ # 03) and HRAT-23 4 barrel rocket launcher gun. A short barrel GAT-22C is also used in the OVA, but the standard DMZ GAT-22 can convert to the short barrel version anyway.

Graham

Yeah Graham. You are right. It saids clearly in the caption that its The Last Red Shoulder OVA version, meaning very likely no chain and other stuff from Roots of Ambition version. Which makes me wonder if there will be another release (DMZ-06?) for that. But yeah, its possible that this 05 comes with the other weapons that Chirico's buddies used, just to justify the high price. If it comes with enough extra ammo pack, may be I can turn this version into the Roots of Ambition version with just a little work and some nice chain. Seems very doable. Looks like my wallet might bleed some more in October.

......... i wonder if bandai scopedog could compete with takara ones.

In a way, as Bandai's is much cheaper and gear towards modelers. The proportion and the raised shoulders does make it look nice. Not to mention the diecast scope, gun barrels, and etching plates are all nice touches. However, its a bit late in the ball game with just the standard dog, and Takara's is more my cup of tea, a well made toy that I can play and display nicely while still can take it apart if I want to.

I have every intention of going to town on the new Bandai PlaMo Scopedog when it comes out... I've got a pair of Wave Scopedog kits, but the new Bandai kit is going to blow them all away... it;s the kind of model kit release VOTOMS has needed for ever.

EDIT: HLJ has the Yamato Brutish Dog on clearance for about USD$115... just snagged one for myself... and preordered the PlaMo Scopedog, the DMZ Turbo Custom, and the SV-51.

Edited by promethuem5

Looks like there is a new book, the CG they showed for the show is pretty slick. High quality CG models even topping Macross Zero, rather than the cheap Zoids/SRW look. Good news. Also, looks like Bandai's 1/20 sculpt raised the shoulders a tad too high now, as the 3D model's shoulders in the show is not as high as the drawn line art revealed earlier.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Did anyone here get the Microman Fyana with her stasis chamber (or whatever it's called) that came out a while ago? I really like the light-up chamber and was looking for some opinions on it, like if it's worth tracking down.

Edited by eriku

Is there a big difference between the Red Shoulder Custom and the Turbo Custom?

The RSC from the TV series, was a cobbled together garage workshop one-off, designed to emulate the weapons load of the Red Shoulder Battalion's signature mecha, the Scopedog Turbo Custom.

As already mentioned, the Turbo custom features diferent lower legs, with fold-away rocket boosters and extra wheels for providing extra high speed sprint dashes.

On the Turbo Custom a mission pack carrying two spare GAT-22 mags is usually carried (in addition to the two spare mags on the side skirt armor), as well as either a 6 or 7 shot missile launcher on the right side of the mission pack (above the right shoulder), a 2 shot missile launcher on the right waist, a six barrelled vulcan gun on the left waist with ammo for the vuolcan stored in the mission back. An arm gun is also commonly mounted on the left forearm.

Graham

As it's confirmed that DMZ #05 is going to be the 'Last Red Shoulder' version of the Turbo Custom, I'm thinking, perhaps rather than release another complee Scopdog toy for the 'Roots of Ambition' version, perhaps Takara will just release an accessory set, to convert DMZ # 05 into the the 'Roots of Ambition' version. Should be possible.

Graham

Aside from the RS equipment pack, is there any difference between the TC variants? I know some of them had different weapons I think...

Depends on whose machine we are talking about. But in general, there are very little difference (excluding weapons) other than the side vents on the torso, and the painted Red Shoulder on its right. And of course the chain and extra stuff on the backpack. But if we pick specific machine, like Gregory's, has a 'Strong Bacchus' mask, while the skirt armors have extra tank tread pieces tied to the side and back to give the thing extra armor coverage. Very cool looking.

IPB Image

Oh, and while this may not be new news, I just found out that 1/18 Rabidry Dog's claw would be diecast from reading the Dengeki Hobby June issue. Nice! The top 2 'fingers' are supposed to have some action gimmick similar to the arm punch, while the lower 'finger' retracts to expose the hidden gun. All sounds very good. :D

Edited by mpchi

So last night I spent some tine with my Yamato RS Scopedog apart on my workbench doing some tweaks... I clear-nail polished the ankles a bit, and now they are much more secure, I tightened up the bicep swivel with clear nail polish bc/ it was basically a free-spinning joint, and I did some hacking, dremeling, and filing... and now the elbows on both my Scopedogs now have around 20 degrees more articulation!... they used to just go to right angles before, but now they can bend in much further... combined with the tighter bicep swivel, I've made the toy able to successfully pose with almost any weapon without either collapsing or looking awkward. I've determined that the solid shooter really cannot pose well unless I mod the grab handle to move like on all the other weapons, but my 'Dog is now getting ready to unload with the big 9-round box missile launcher which before was basically an unusable accessory! This elbow mod is def. going to become a standard practice on any more Yamato 'Dogs I get... and I've got a BrutishDog on the way... I'll try and post some pics of what I did tonight... it's something that anyone with one or two small files and some patience could do, but a Dremel made the process much easier and quicker...