GBP 1J and 1/60 Parts sets !!

Sebastian

The price for GBP armor alone is about right actually.

Goes along with the pic form a couple of threads ago that had two prices on it. Besides, if it was Fast Pack upgrade it would say Fast Pack upgrade instead of Armor Parts, and Graham has pretty much said that's a dead boat.

Those hands really do look like 1/48 hands. I hope they scale them down a little.

Edited by Anubis

Yamato made those hands just to be anime accurate.

I dislike those oversised bubble hands, even if they are "accurate".

I guess we will need Graham to clear this "Armor Parts" debate. HLJ often makes mistakes with the description. They use fixed frases for the descriptions and sometimes they are not right.

It looks nice :) !

It is a very good pic. We see some interesting things here.

AAA.jpg

[*] We see that, contrary to initial analysis, the hands are attached to the actual arm mounts instead of the arm armour -- there were some thoughts that the arm armour was so large that it would block the old arm mounts.

[*] The arm armour looks like it is hooked on via the back only -- it's like a slipover the entire arm (as it should be) but may have some stability problems there. Possible that the front hole is used too but hard to say for sure.

[*] Debatable whether the gunpod can be used. Looks a bit tight.

[*] Chest armour looks like it would use the cockpit and the tabs on the chest -- interesting idea there.

[*] There seems to be a little torso twist in the picture, so that's good news. Restricted though.

[*] Can't see well here, but the shoulders looked really to be like slipovers. It's kind of too big for a standard Valkyrie.

[*] The crotch armour is interesting. Looks like you would fit the crotch armour over the nosecone first, then attach the legs.

[*] I'm very suspicious of that black line in the middle of the leg armour. It is in the right position to line up with the leg joint on a Valkyrie, which may mean it's actually a joint there on the armour too. Unlikely though.

[*] The leg armour looks to be sitting a bit low overall. Not sure how the leg armour is attached though.

[*] Still no clear idea how the boosters are attached though. Is it me though, or does the boosters look a bit crooked in the left picture?

Overall, it looks good. If the armour comes separately, I would probably pick up 2 sets (and one more CF) for my shotai.

Damn, those photos are beauty....

I will definitly buy enogh to let all my Valks cover their bare naked metal bodies.

On the side not, I still prefer Bandai GBP, when you have the armors on the valks, it just makes them "Hard core" ready for a good battle... I hope that release of Yamato GBP will bring down the Bandai GBP price for me to get my hands on several of them.

I can confirm the GBP 1J doesn´t feature ¨special¨ shoulders , the GBP armour shoulders are just slip-over pieces that fit on top of the 1J original shoulders. :lol:

Aegis, any ideas on how the shoulder armor pieces lock onto the shoulders?? I can't imagine why they would just let them stay on the shoulders without some kind of attachment.

The shoulders will probable just click over the old ones, I doubt they'll just rest on the old ones.

Those hands are bigger than it's head. I hope those are just 1/48 hands as placeholders with the real fists just not available at the time of the pic.

I can confirm the GBP 1J doesn´t feature ¨special¨ shoulders , the GBP armour shoulders are just slip-over pieces that fit on top of the 1J original shoulders. :lol:

Aegis, any ideas on how the shoulder armor pieces lock onto the shoulders?? I can't imagine why they would just let them stay on the shoulders without some kind of attachment.

I suppose the GBP shoulders were designed beforehand to clip over the 1J shoulders as well as all the other GBP armour pieces so they can fit on other valks , but we´ll have to wait until we get it to confirm if this is what Yamato did.

Guys, I'm pretty sure this is just the GBP armor sold by itself without the Valk.

The HLJ blurb about paint, is just a screw up on HLJ's part.

Graham

This leads to a question:

if I have a 1/60 valk without FP... will I be able to install the GBP over my old VF-1A Hikaru v1.0? Which 1/60 version is needed? does it only fit on the VF-1J's?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

Guys, I'm pretty sure this is just the GBP armor sold by itself without the Valk.

The HLJ blurb about paint, is just a screw up on HLJ's part.

Graham

This leads to a question:

if I have a 1/60 valk without FP... will I be able to install the GBP over my old VF-1A Hikaru v1.0? Which 1/60 version is needed? does it only fit on the VF-1J's?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

My guess, and this is only a guess, is that the GBP armor's boosters will plug into the same holes as the super armor boosters did. That would mean you would need a FP-ready valk (any of the 1J's, the Strike 1S, 1D, VE-1 or VT-1).

My guess, and this is only a guess, is that the GBP armor's boosters will plug into the same holes as the super armor boosters did. That would mean you would need a FP-ready valk (any of the 1J's, the Strike 1S, 1D, VE-1 or VT-1).

A previous thread on this had a back pic of the GBP, and apparently it does NOT use the FP holes on the backpack.

But this pic here obviously uses the arm slots and possibly the leg holes.. A CF-1A can probably be modified to use the GBP (remember, some leg holes on the CF is too small), but earlier Valks may not be able to use the GBP.