I saw it today and like most said it was really fun. One of my favorite scenes was when Ant Man was running away a barrage of bullets in the scale model of the Cross building. I saw the mid credit scene but missed the post credit scene...Didn't know there was one.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good. Felt like a TV level super-hero film with a bit better special effects.

They sold how powerful he could be, which is nice. But yeah.

I think they over-did the comedy with the heist crew, as a lot of their input was pretty bad.

I like how the theme of Pym's loss melded with the Scotts mission.

I wanted to see Ant-Man on opening weekend, but my in-laws arrived from China that weekend, and my wife went into labor the following weekend. I finally got to see it yesterday, and I'm glad I waited until my after my little girl was born to see it. I think it gave me a perspective on Pym and Scott's relationships with their daughters that I wouldn't have had before my daughter was born.

Anyway, I agree that it was a fun movie and better than Age of Ultron. I don't think they over did the humor. I think the humor was a useful way to sell a character that I consider to be one of the lamer Avengers to the general public. Also, I like that they managed to link Ant-Man to Avengers and the larger MCU while still making Ant-Man feel smaller and more focused.

I wanted to see Ant-Man on opening weekend, but my in-laws arrived from China that weekend, and my wife went into labor the following weekend. I finally got to see it yesterday, and I'm glad I waited until my after my little girl was born to see it. I think it gave me a perspective on Pym and Scott's relationships with their daughters that I wouldn't have had before my daughter was born.

Anyway, I agree that it was a fun movie and better than Age of Ultron. I don't think they over did the humor. I think the humor was a useful way to sell a character that I consider to be one of the lamer Avengers to the general public. Also, I like that they managed to link Ant-Man to Avengers and the larger MCU while still making Ant-Man feel smaller and more focused.

Congratulations on your family's good fortune...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...