Transformer Alternators

Solscud007

Guess what my friend told me that the US versions wil have diecast at half the pice of the japanese. Now I was already sold on getting the US version with plastic. I dont mind the plastic at all. Cause then i can have a cheapy to play wth and have my nice diecast Japanese version.

But according to this Q&A from Hasbro

Hasbro Q&A link

ok well this is just talking about the 20th Anniversary Optimus prime. but still pretty cool huh?

Oh plus Decepticons are slated for the series.

ok hold teh phone here is a contradictory piece of info. Slated earlier though.

Previous Q&A

The US versions are not supposed to have the same die-cast content as the Japanese versions. If diecast is needed for weight (say for balance) then it might stay in the toy, but that's about it. The second link you've provided basically comfirms it.

Can't wait for my Masterpiece Optimus Prime. My wallet is going to kill me...

judging from everything we've heard so far, hasbro's been very adamant that the alternaters are going to be all plastic short of a few screws and pins. i personally prefer the diecast, but the american transformer fan base seems to prefer their toys cheap and plasticy. the first link you posted only deals with the MP prime, which other than the smokestacks, packaging and paint apps is going to be the same as the takara version.

judging from everything we've heard so far, hasbro's been very adamant that the alternaters are going to be all plastic short of a few screws and pins. i personally prefer the diecast, but the american transformer fan base seems to prefer their toys cheap and plasticy. the first link you posted only deals with the MP prime, which other than the smokestacks, packaging and paint apps is going to be the same as the takara version.

Dunno... Even Hasbro doesn't seem sure that the stacks will be shortened... I hope they don't, but it doesn't matter to me as I'm getting the Takara version...

But I'm a Canadian Transformer Fan... Does that mean I like my transformers cheap and plasticy? Heck no, I want my diecast. I want my transformers to have weight to them!

Yep, that's about it. Hasbro prime "should" have die cast. But the Hasbro alternators are supposed to be mostly plastic. I'd stick with the pricier Takara versions myself. :ph34r:

Sorry Solscud to disappoint you, but the US versions are going to be plastic. Only Masterpiece Prime will have diecast content but he'll also have shortened smokestacks and gross "battle damage".

This has all been confirmed through sightings of retail packaged Takara and Hasbro versions on Ebay as well as sources within Hasbro and from Japan.

Masterpiece Prime IS NOT an Alternator so the diecast he has does not affect the Alternators line. That will stay plastic and I must say that Binaltech Smokescreen in Diecast is far, far better than the plastic version. He's basically a die-cast 1:24 scale car that happens to transform. The irridescent paint is fabulous and looks much better than the plastic version.

Pictures you may have seen on the net don't do it justice and even comparison pics make them look relatively the same but they are definetely not the same in real life. Just in case you wanted to see, Binaltech Smokescreen versus Alternator Smokescreen:

http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act156/

I don't think that the Optimus Prime Materpiece is part of the Binaltech/Alternator line....he's just the same scale. I could be wrong...and please correct me if I am, but it sure would be cool if we see another Prime in an updated Binaltech form.

On a side note, I just opened my Binaltech Smokescreen #7, and the amount of diecast is amazing! First thing I commented on was why would anybody (who can afford it) skip past the diecast versions of this line....they're brilliant! ....even my wife agrees! :lol:

I must say that Binaltech Smokescreen in Diecast is far, far better than the plastic version. He's basically a die-cast 1:24 scale car that happens to transform. The irridescent paint is fabulous and looks much better than the plastic version.

Pictures you may have seen on the net don't do it justice and even comparison pics make them look relatively the same but they are definetely not the same in real life. Just in case you wanted to see, Binaltech Smokescreen versus Alternator Smokescreen:

http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act156/

Thank you Comickaze. however perhaps I did not mention that I too have #7 Binaltech Smokescreen. I do love the iridescent paint on mine. I like the "extra mile" Takara went with Smokescreen. The head even looks like the orignal Smokescreen.

I was jsut saying that i dont hate the plastic versions. I welcome them happily as they will be half the price and I dont have to worry about damaging my nice painted takara version. My information was jsut heresay from a friend that the Alternators will be diecast. after close examination now I know that is not true.

Hi :D

I just transformed my Smokey in robot mode and turned it back in vehicle mode. It was a bit hard, carefully proceding in order to avoid paint chips and not to break anything...

I would say definitly that even the Hasbro Alternator line is not for kids that's why I laugh when I saw on the plastic toys packaging : 5 years and + :lol:

Hi :D

I just transformed my Smokey in robot mode and turned it back in vehicle mode. It was a bit hard, carefully proceding in order to avoid paint chips and not to break anything...

heh... my smokescreen is less his arms due to the fact i gave up trying to transform him back to his car mode and got frustrated. :D

Hi  :D

heh... my smokescreen is less his arms due to the fact i gave up trying to transform him back to his car mode and got frustrated. :D

Yeah, those arms are real tough to swing back around and back inside.

Q: Are there any plans for a G1 reissue of SOUNDWAVE, MEGATRON or JETFIRE?

A: Not at this time.

Glib way of putting it. A better answer would probably be, at least for the last two:

Megatron: Once we can find a way to quell protests from people who don't like toy robots that turn into guns.

Jetfire: Are you kidding? Even if Bandai wanted to part with the license again, who'd be willing put their head in that legal noose???

As for the Prime smokestacks, it'll probably come to what their legal department tells them they can get away with vis-a-vis child toy safety laws in this country.

B)) That Silverstreak looks cool !!!

I love WRX's its like a dream come true for me: 2 transformer impreza's wowy!!

...does anyone have an idea when Hasbro might release Smokesceen in North American

stores ???

Better head sculpt this time around.

Not sure I like the use of red they decided on, but I guess the choices were limited given the lack of black on the car mode.

I don't like having the redundant autobot emblem on the license plate. I'd rather have a randon license number there. Or, if they insist on the emblem, make the plate so it can flip over, numbers on one side, autobot face on the other.

Overall though, looks great.

post-26-1070912892.jpg

Awesome :blink: . I really gonna become Transfholic :lol:

On my original Bluestreak, his liscense plate says DATSUN lol. I wish they made these guys 350Zs so it would match with their original incarnations as 280Zs.

If you don't like the plate, make your own sticker. And since Bluestreak's arms are black, it's easy enough to paint them yourself with a can of anything from wal-mart.

Finally, if you want the entire authentic Bluestreak look, get him a carbon fibre hood lol.

Some better color planning to go with the high quality engineering would be a better idea, and more in keeping with the intent of this toy line. Self-applied paint, while not terribly difficult, would always need to be touched-up on a transforming toy like this one. In any case, it still looks like a very nice machine, and I might end up getting one.

Here's one of the paint schemes I would've considered...

post-26-1070936240.jpg

Looks great but I wish Nissan wouldn't be so stingy with their licenses. :angry:

I also remember everything under VW (i.e. Lamborghini, etc. )can't be made into a Transformer. :angry: I guess they didn't want their vehicles to be associated with ALL THINGS war (b/c of WWII).

That Silverstreak may force me to revise my No-Transformers policy. He was the first Transformer I ever bought, so maybe he should be the last too. :D

If you buy one, you'll buy all ( just have a look at Masterpiece Prime and Smokey' transformation complexity : they are toys for adults just like Yamato toys :lol: )

Hi guys :D

You can win a MISB BT-01 Smokey on botcollector.com. Rules are simple so check it out :lol:

i agree i dont like the autobot license plate or the red arms.

cant wait to see what the takara version (if any) will be like. hopefully a nice sparkly silver :)

anyone notice its a euro spec? (right hand drive)

Dont you mean JDM (japanese domestic market) The WRX is a japanese car after all and Takara is a japanese company. So right hand drive is Japanese. plus I think only a few countries in Europe manufactures RHD cars. Like the UK. and then HK and Australia.

Looks great but I wish Nissan wouldn't be so stingy with their licenses. :angry:

I also remember everything under VW (i.e. Lamborghini, etc. )can't be made into a Transformer. :angry: I guess they didn't want their vehicles to be associated with ALL THINGS war (b/c of WWII).

RID had a lamborghini. Was this VW policy made afterwards?

Looks great but I wish Nissan wouldn't be so stingy with their licenses.  :angry:

I also remember everything under VW (i.e. Lamborghini, etc. )can't be made into a Transformer.  :angry:  I guess they didn't want their vehicles to be associated with ALL THINGS war (b/c of WWII).

Yes and no. VW has always been stingy with how their licenses and the likenesses of their cars have been used. (Still trying to live down those WWII Nazi associations) That said, there was a Lamborghini (Mach Alert/Prowl) toy released as part of the Car Robots/RID toy line. BUT....here is the catch; It was *not* a licensed toy. No one at Takara or Hasbro approached VW officials and asked to make a toy in the likeness of their vehicle. (As a matter of fact, the only licensed vehicle in the entire line is RID Sideburn. Dodge/Daimlier Chrysler saw how much it looked like a real Viper and approached Hasbro to put their their name and symbol on the package) Maybe VW was not aware of the use of their vehicle image in the CR/RID line...or more likely didn't care since their company name appeared nowhere on the toy or package.

Why does that all matter? Because Takara/Hasbro has annouced the entire Alternators/Binaltech line will be comprised of licensed vehicles. So, no getting around asking VW's permission this time. And from past experience...chances are they would say no...

:rolleyes:

Dont you mean JDM (japanese domestic market) The WRX is a japanese car after all and Takara is a japanese company. So right hand drive is Japanese. plus I think only a few countries in Europe manufactures RHD cars. Like the UK. and then HK and Australia.

yeah but my main point was this is the american release of the toy and it has the right-hand configuration..i just found it funny thats all.

Looks great but I wish Nissan wouldn't be so stingy with their licenses.  :angry:

I also remember everything under VW (i.e. Lamborghini, etc. )can't be made into a Transformer.  :angry:  I guess they didn't want their vehicles to be associated with ALL THINGS war (b/c of WWII).

Yes and no. VW has always been stingy with how their licenses and the likenesses of their cars have been used. (Still trying to live down those WWII Nazi associations) That said, there was a Lamborghini (Mach Alert/Prowl) toy released as part of the Car Robots/RID toy line. BUT....here is the catch; It was *not* a licensed toy. No one at Takara or Hasbro approached VW officials and asked to make a toy in the likeness of their vehicle. (As a matter of fact, the only licensed vehicle in the entire line is RID Sideburn. Dodge/Daimlier Chrysler saw how much it looked like a real Viper and approached Hasbro to put their their name and symbol on the package) Maybe VW was not aware of the use of their vehicle image in the CR/RID line...or more likely didn't care since their company name appeared nowhere on the toy or package.

Why does that all matter? Because Takara/Hasbro has annouced the entire Alternators/Binaltech line will be comprised of licensed vehicles. So, no getting around asking VW's permission this time. And from past experience...chances are they would say no...

:rolleyes:

When was that line of cars made? Lambo might not have even been owned by VW at the time.

The whole not-being-associated-with-war thing is a bit silly; a different time and pretty much a different company. Maybe the stigma from the Type 101 "Thing" forced them into their anti-war position.

Car Robots was released in Japan in 2000, and RiD was released in America in 2001. It should also be noted that TF: Universe has released three repaints of the Lamborghini Diablo mold this year alone. Two con-exclusives (Sideswipe and Sunstreaker), and one mass-market (Inferno).