Macross Fans: The Next Generation

eugimon

So, I was listening to Fire Bomber with my kid today. At first he was really into it, "This is a valkyrie song! I love valkyrie songs!"

After three songs, he turns to me, "Have we been listening to the same song all this time? This is a really long song. I feel like I've heard this song so many times."

I burned a few CD's of Macross music to have some PG rated music in the jeep. One was some instrumentals mostly from DYRL & Zero, and the other was a sampling of various Sharon Apple & Sheryl. My 5 year old enjoys them both. He hums & sings along. He wasn't amused by Sheryl's music until he saw a few scenes & realized they were "battle songs". But his favorite by far is the original Japanese theme song for SDF. He sings "Mak-U-Rosss" all day.... :lol:

I burned a few CD's of Macross music to have some PG rated music in the jeep. One was some instrumentals mostly from DYRL & Zero, and the other was a sampling of various Sharon Apple & Sheryl.

You know.... Some Sharon Apple is not exactly PG.... :p

Well every Sharon track on the CD is in mostly Japanese so yeah other then some sexy beats & sultry rifts... PG as far as im concerned... B))

Erm.... You really need to listen to it again.

Edit: Or you could just read this:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=855

Edited by Renato

Well compared to half the sexual crap on the radio & my other option of Wu-Tang CD's... Sharon Appple is still the safer bet. Regardless, Idol talk isnt on that disc anyway.

I'm more worried about my son singing dumb sh*t like "IM SEXY AND I KNOW".... WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE...."

Which he inadvertently got from that stupid M&M's commercial......

Well compared to half the sexual crap on the radio & my other option of Wu-Tang CD's... Sharon Appple is still the safer bet. Regardless, Idol talk isnt on that disc anyway.

I'm more worried about my son singing dumb sh*t like "IM SEXY AND I KNOW".... WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE...."

Which he inadvertently got from that stupid M&M's commercial......

Well, be careful, because...

I burned a few CD's of Macross music to have some PG rated music in the jeep. One was some instrumentals mostly from DYRL & Zero, and the other was a sampling of various Sharon Apple & Sheryl. My 5 year old enjoys them both. He hums & sings along. He wasn't amused by Sheryl's music until he saw a few scenes & realized they were "battle songs". But his favorite by far is the original Japanese theme song for SDF. He sings "Mak-U-Rosss" all day.... :lol:

Yeah my cribmidget sings to that one too. It's pretty amusing watching her during the verses. I may have to get a video of it and post it. Good news is the song she likes daddy to play the most is Two Weeks by All That Remains. It's quite an interesting choice by a 4 year old.

Edited by Benson13

• 3 weeks later...

that's too cute I wish I had a kid so we could do that, though my thoughts of doing this involves a daughter named Millia. ;)

Edited by VF-18S Hornet