1/48 boss pod....

mslz22

Hey Guys, looking forward to all of these builds. Just a note that I am suspending any new orders until spring, the cold weather is on the way. Any orders made up until today will ship out before the end of the casting season. If you did not get one and want one they should still be here in the spring, just time to wrap up casting season and get onto some scratchbuilding......

I will try to get the standing pilot finished up this weekend, i should be able to do a few of those before the winter gets here, more on that later...

thanks

mike

No photos of Kuniko, as she is far too shy...

However, what started out an unboxing/detailed check turned into a session... :)

post-15195-0-00984800-1351216846_thumb.jpg

post-15195-0-22910300-1351216887_thumb.jpg

Though, I have comment that the Zenty won't get far if they are putting truck wheel hubs into the barrels of their officer's guns.

Edited by nautilus

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, sorry the last month has been crazy trying to wrap up all the loose ends so i can close up the casting shop for the winter, plus i did lose power last week with the hurricane.

I'll be sending decals to those who need them soon, need to get some envelopes that they will fit in. All but 3 kits are shipped, and those are cast up except for a few odds and ends, just need to get them packed up.

Looking forward to getting back to some scratchbuilding once everything is shipped out....

thanks

mike

Thanks guys, once all the casting is wrapped up for the season I am hoping to finish up the 1/32nd scale "it" masterpiece that Capt America recently got out to us. That is too much of a masterpiece to sit in the box too much longer.

After that as far as stuff here goes, I am hoping to finish up the 1/72 monster first, then onto other stuff.....can't cast the monster until spring but it would be good to get that pattern ready.

thanks

mike

1/32 Gurabs and Gosus...

1/48 and 1/10 would be awesome, I missed out on the legioss' =(

Thanks guys, once all the casting is wrapped up for the season I am hoping to finish up the 1/32nd scale "it" masterpiece that Capt America recently got out to us. That is too much of a masterpiece to sit in the box too much longer.

After that as far as stuff here goes, I am hoping to finish up the 1/72 monster first, then onto other stuff.....can't cast the monster until spring but it would be good to get that pattern ready.

thanks

mike

Wonder how big a 1/48 monster would be Edited by Smut Peddler

This project is looking great! A power wheels Monster would be AWESOME. It would open up a whole new opportunity to unleash insane ideas like airsoft guns, water cannon, pintballs - and that's just the "legal stuff." ;) - MT

A dry fitting of the leg pins today.

post-15195-0-31601400-1352784992_thumb.jpg post-15195-0-34070600-1352785027_thumb.jpg

With his 1/72 baby brother.

I borked up the knees something chronic, but I can fix that...

Update: Pinned and base-coated.

post-15195-0-31017000-1352866040_thumb.jpg post-15195-0-12217100-1352866074_thumb.jpg

Edited by nautilus

I'm using a 2-part epoxy for all the jointing, whether pinned/framed or unframed. However, the arms will be fixed to the torso via some beefy rare-earth magnets, and the waist has a combination of magnets and pins.

The epoxy is a type which I have never seen before. It is not a two part gel/thick liquid but a powder, which is activated by a foul smelling blue liquid. It turns into a thick paste which does not run as much as conventional 2parts (Araldite, etc.), and is sculptable after 10 mins (cured in 24 hours).

The paint is a mixture of Tamiya, Mr. Hobby and Games Workshop - and I am doubly glad I have been skilling up on a airbrush... No way I could tackle this without one... :)

And that is one of the Boy's Festival dolls I have in the office. The missus' Dad makes a variety of such dolls.

I've left a space for the pilot, as soon as Mike puts them up for grabs...

Edited by nautilus

Oh God..... I can't stop.

This will be finished by the weekend, I promise.

post-15195-0-91035500-1352880655_thumb.jpg post-15195-0-86607700-1352880684_thumb.jpg post-15195-0-92024100-1352880720_thumb.jpg

The magnets did not work out too well in the shoulder, so I am going for a more drastic solution. I'll have to grind down the heads and get to work with the filler though... :(

Edit: Mike, you really turned this kit up! THANK YOU!

Edited by nautilus