Contests For 2004

cwmodels

Here is the general schedule for upcoming events at Hobbyfanatic Message Board:

http://community.hobbyfan.com/modules.php?...viewtopic&t=905

Due to the large number of Macross related entries we received for the Christmas modeling Contest, there is now a separate category for Macross modeling in the up coming Mecha/Sci-fi contest this summer.

I would like to openly invite both Shawn and Graham to participate as judges for that category. It should be a lot of fun and I hope both of you will accept. :)

Once again there will be some wonderful prizes for all the winners, so start getting ready everyone!

I am not one of the contestants but judging from the entries and choices made by the judges, I can only have one conclusion:

The judges are either blind or a bunch of morons.

Looking through the mechas entries, there are a few with obvious better skills than those chosen for the top three. The third prize (#35) should be at least be the second if not the first. There are also a few not selected but can replace the selected top two.

Why did #36 get voted for the most popular? Were they voting for the character or the skill. If for the latter, those people also need eye surgery.

Thank god I didn't enter or my work would be judged by a bunch of bats!

This is how the winners were chosen. It was a very fair method:

http://community.hobbyfan.com/modules.php?...viewtopic&t=906

And as for the Most popular Votes, it was decided by public voting. No one makes a judgment on it. And remember, it clearly states "MOST POLULAR", that means people vote on what they LIKE not necessaily "the Best Kit". If you didn't bother to vote, then you really have no position to complain at this point, because it was YOUR decision which could've made a difference in that categoy.

BTW, Slamdunk, I noticed that you are the latest member to join this board and you have only 1 Post (and that's the post above)

Does this mean you registered just to complain about something that you weren't really even a part of in the first place? Or are you actually a contestant who didn't win and feel the need to vent your frustrations?

"I am not one of the contestants"......

Sorry I didn't put neon light around the phrase or use capital letters!

Frustrations..no......to show some examples of morons , yes!

Even the judges at that Olympic Skating competiton would say "Come on!". Either you guys have judgement problems or the whole thing is somehow fixed!

Just say this is the only time I feel I have to say something. I have never seen anything with IQ less than a raisin! No need to reply, this is possibly the last time I read the thread.

Edited by Slamdunk

Dude, slamdunk, you gotta take a chill pill. cwmodels and the hobbyfan crew are doing this as a service. They are trying to do something positive to promote the hobby. cwmodels has been particularly friendly on the boards. why would you even criticize this contest? it's not like this is the super bowl... it's some folks that just do this for the fun of it. slamdunk... just grow up.

cwmodels,

thanks for putting the contest together... I hope to get some models finished for the next one. ignore this slamdunk guy... we appreciate all your efforts at hobbyfan and with letting us know about these contests.

Okay, excessively stupid question here: How or where can I view the contest entries and winners? I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, but after doing some poking around on the HobbyFanatic site, I couldn't find links to the pictures.

Slamdunk,

The contests are going to continue whether you join or not. We originally expected only 30-40 contestants in total, but the final turn out was over 90 entries. That more than doubled our expectation. So we know many people are interested.

We have a schedule and a contest budget set for 2004. So that means the prizes are going to be handed out no matter what. Whether 3 people join or 30 people join, somebody is still going to walk away with that money. It's not my money, I have no emotional attachments to it, I am not worried that people won't show up to claim them. So if you have a problem with it and do not want to join, then it really is YOUR loss. That's how it works.

Also, cursing and complaining here isn't really going to effect hobbyfan or future contests. We're going to be perfectly fine. Unfortunately, what you did will effect the way some people view Macrossworld's message board and it's community members. I always consider it a privilege to be a member here, and that's why I behave myself. This board is after all owned by Shawn and Graham and all of us are here because of their generosity. Don't forget that.

Can someone boot that guy? I don't see the point of someone registering just to attack one of our contributing members...

Yeah, he sucks... Lets kill him.

cwmodels:

It is all very touching with all those paragraphs which have nothing to do what I was talking about. I was criticizing the judgement abilities of those judges. If you want to do something, do it right!

Boot me!? If I really care! There must be a SUPPORT GROUP/HOTLINE for someone who just got banned from a forum. I do all my contribution in the real world instead of like those holding on to an anime of the past!

Less than a raisin:

As for growing up.... I don't waste time on forums or on an anime like you do. So please kiddo!

Friday night, got to go!

Settle down kiddies.

Slamdunk - you would be better served by going to community.hobbyfan.com to voice your dislike of their judging process. Complaining about it here does nothing but earn you enmity from the members here and does nothing to fix the 'flawed' judging process that goes on in their contests.

Also I want to see DEBATE, not arguments bordering on flames. Blanket statements like

The judges are either blind or a bunch of morons.

Looking through the mechas entries, there are a few with obvious better skills than those chosen for the top three.

do nothing to enhance your argument. You don't like the winning entries or the placement? Explain why they should not have won or why {blank} model should have.

I've judged online contests for another forum, and I have to hand it to cwmodels and the hobbyfan staff. Their "points system" is brilliant. I may need to employ a similar system in contests I judge in the future.

Points aside, the main thing about judging is that what's considered good is very subjective. Calling anyone a moron for their personal taste is uncalled for.

Judging is a hard job, and if you have a better method Slamdunk, perhaps you can map it out for us all. In addition, how do you know the credentials of the panel of judges? I happen to know there are expert modelers on that staff using basic IPMS criteria to do their job.

If there is a better way, we could all use some enlightening.

~baxojayz

I have no intention to fix anything for anyone. I made my statement and thats was it! In real life, no one is going to teach you everything. There are things you have to figure them out yourself or you are helpless.

I said nothing about the "system" they are using. They can use the slot machine, punch card, dot, circle or triangle system, I don't care. I was talking about "judgement" which is an ability and yes, it is subjective, and it is really off the scale. This is the ability that makes any system work. Expert? Hmmm, people are impressed quite easily these days!

Sorry I couldn't find a better word than morons. Maybe I can use word like amoebae to put some class to it.

I am moving on and let you lot discuss it among yourselves. Many minutes have be wasted and can never get back!

Edited by Slamdunk

Slamdunk...according to what you have said: You don't hang out at any anime board because you do not hold onto your anime past. That you are a person who makes contribution to the real world. But yet because of the bad judging for the Hobbyfan contests and the fact that all the judges are blind as bats, you have decided to register into Macrossworld for the very first time to voice yourself... because this is the only time you feel that you have to say something. But you have no intention to fix anything for anyone. In real life, no one is going to teach people everything. There are things that we have to figure them out ourselves or we are helpless. And now you have wasted enough time and must move on in life.

I thought you got to go becasue it's Friday night! But then you are back again with us anime people in just a few hours?

Your cover story is a mess. You are not even trying.

Most likely, you are a Macrossworld regular and were a contestant in the Christmas Contest who didn't win any big prizes. I'm saying that because I doubt anyone would go though all the trouble of registering a new name just to complain. If the person doesn't have any emotional attachment to the subject, he wouldn't have bothered. You also wouldn't have picked this board if you don't hang out here all the time.

You didn't win, you are not happy, but you don't want to complain directly on Hobbyfan's message board because you know that we can find out who you are easily on our side. You probably don't even want to lose that extra 10% discount we handed to all the contestants.

So you decided to make a fuss here to disrupt future events. You probably think that your actions will get less people entering in the future, which means that you have less competition and have a better chance of winning next time. Pretty "smart" plan I must say.

Of course, this is all just speculation. I could be totally wrong and we did do a horrible job at judging. After all ... my IQ is only less than a raisin.

Yes, I was away for a few hours. Will that be classified as "gone"? Do I have to report to you what I do in the form of a diary/spreadsheet!?

Don't try to look smart by over-analysing things. What cover story? Do I need a cover for anything? I would say it before you in person if I could. If I were the contestant, I came out and said it loud just like I wasn't. It really doesn't matter. Do I need to be one of the skaters in the Olympics to complain about the judges' abilities? I think not! Only people who lie a lot in life will suspect others doing the same.

It doesn't take long to register and say what I have to say. It is you lot who have the emotional attachement to this thread. I visit this place from time to time but not hanging out ALL the time as you are. When I have something to say, I will go through the trouble to say it. Are we that lazy? Registration is a big tedious thing? No wonder they are so many fat people on this planet! I bet you use your car for grocery shopping only 15 blocks away.

You certainly make a fuss in writing paragraphs. Your explanation is pointless and has directed to someone who doesn't even care. Next time, write your points on the stone tablets and ask Mosses to send them to me! I made my point and that was it, do what you want and please direct your time and energy in the forum/contest or finding jobs as a freelance artist.

I keep writing because there are something too stupid not to reply, and that doesn't classify as lie. ...and everyone lies, including me. I am not going to tell the mother of an ugly baby that his kid is ugly. I will lie but the point is what do you lie about and how often!

You were wrong about your IQ being less than a raisin. It is more like a vaccuum. Enjoy my "paragraphs" specially written for you! For others who have something to say, write them to Santa, maybe he would pass them along. Adios!

Edited by Slamdunk

You said many times that you will not reply and move on. But yet you still come back...

You have now proven to me that you are no doubt a liar (again and again).

I'm not going to bother with you anymore.

Good day SlamDunk.

cwmodels:

It is all very touching with all those paragraphs which have nothing to do what I was talking about. I was criticizing the judgement abilities of those judges. If you want to do something, do it right!

Boot me!? If I really care! There must be a SUPPORT GROUP/HOTLINE for someone who just got banned from a forum. I do all my contribution in the real world instead of like those holding on to an anime of the past!

Less than a raisin:

As for growing up.... I don't waste time on forums or on an anime like you do. So please kiddo!

Friday night, got to go!

I love people that do exactly the opposite of what they mean. You say you don't care enough to answer? But here you are spending maybe hours just to get the right words out.

You don't post on anime forums?... um, what were you doing hanging around here before you decided to chime in. Obviously you had enough interest to be here instead of the hobbyfan's forum.

Just because you're not accepted, doesn't mean you don't want to be here. For some reason, I picture you with a pile of 'veritechs' sitting on the floor hopelessly waiting for you to finish your custom, but alas... you skills can't get you passed the box lid.

Sigh... sad indeed.

I wonder what you did this Friday night after all... did you figure out which wall to stare at so you can fantasize about that girl you can't even approach. Please don't try to impress us with the fact you can spell one day out of the whole week.

Oh yeah that was pretty brave of you to PM me with wishes of my demise and then add me to your block list so I wouldn't be able to retort.

Maturity.

Bravery.

And modelling skills...

All proven by your typing skills...

BRAVO, Slam Dunk.

BRAVO.

Again, I don't have to report to you what I do this Friday night or any other Friday nights. Just say I wasn't at home before my computer. I am now, so enlighten me. Once again, stop even try to use your microscopic grey matter to figure out any logic of anything. No, I am not looking at any walls but I am trying to imagine if you do look like walls! I wonder if your coffin will be a wooden cube! These are the things I would say right before you or behind you or wherever I can find space left by your occupancy! Bravery would be dealing with me in person!

I am back here because of people like you who keeps writing stupid comments which are difficult not to answer.

What makes you think I spend so much time on doing models? As for girls or other things you would think of for a typical guy, I don't need to try. You must be thinking me as one of those hairless fat guys sitting in the basement trying to impress the world. If girls are the only thing on your mind, then your mind is as empty as the Mike Tyson's pocket! There are other things in life than just models , toys, anime and girls!

What makes you think going out on a Friday or any other day is an impressive activity? "Wow, I went out tonight, oh big deal!" It is a big deal only to those that don't go out. So speak for yourself!

....and what makes you think I was trying to impress anyone with my typing skill or anything else? I didn't think my typing was impressive unless you are illiterate.

My point is that there is nothing to impress. I made my statement and that was it. It was you guys who keep coming back writing things other needs to reply. It is you guys who think this is impressive. As I said, people are impressed too easily these days!

Kid, don't even goto areas you are not familiar with, like maturity. Maybe you are matured as in a days old banana. Looking old! If you guys have time to write all these, aren't you as sad as the person you described me as!? Waiting for your next stupid comments.

Edited by Slamdunk

You just can't stand it can you?

All your baseless accusations have gone to shreds. Now your reduced to watching this thread to defend yourself. hehe.

Yes... you are mature... and yeah, sure you have a life... it's exactly what makes you such a happy person right? Your happiness is overflowing in your posts. You truly are one satisfied being.

There ARE more things to life than toys, girls, and models and anime. But it's those little extras in life that make it more worth living. But I guess your hobby is being bitter and sharing it with the world. I hope it's as satisfying for you as those other things I listed are for me.

Maybe you should take up yoga or accupuncture to relieve yourself of some stress. The vein on your forehead is popping out so bad I can almost see it on my screen.

Heh... you keep using that word 'maturity' but all I hear is a baby crying.

Defense? Nope, just enlightenment for me.

It would be more than being stupid to prove I have a life to you or anyone else. Now I have some time, why not keep your pointless words this way. Maybe I can find way to make fun of. Too badly, I can't meet you in person. it would more than just poking fun at you! Those who think others that do not have lifes or relationships are in fact what they think of themselves as! I wonder when I said anything about people here didn't have life! Hmmmm.....

Yoga? Accupuncture?? Do you have a crystal ball too? Wow, what makes you think I need all that to stay healthy and athletic? I am not even a health nut or a bodybuilder or whatever. Perhaps you use your body more often than you use your minute grey matter, you wouldn't have thought you need all that to stay healthy.

I am crying alright, about your mindset and thinking!

Edited by Slamdunk

you really need to calm down... your blood is boiling so hot that I can hear whistles coming out of your ears... really... for someone who claims not to care, you're becoming too obssessed.

Take deep breaths... yeah c'mon... inhale... now exhale...

I'm sure the rest of the world will forgive you for the oxygen you just wasted...

Now cheer up... there are other modelling contests out there.

There you go... back to your happy place... :)

Again, this is entertainment to me, you have something to say, I will reply. I am before my computer now, so why not? of course, I can't promise I can be here all the time!

Thank you for pointing out how respiration works. I thought I saw a lot of air coming out from your mouth! Or was that the anus from your buttock, I really can't tell the difference between your face and that!

The world will also forgive you for not taking up so much space or trying to move on the dance floor.

What contest places? I wasn't even in this one or any other. It is your problem not believing what I mentioned before.

Now don't get up or think too fast, it is hazadous to your health!

Keep the words coming!

Thank you for pointing out how respiration works. I thought I saw a lot of air coming out from your mouth! Or was that the anus from your buttock, I really can't tell the difference between your face and that!

Ahhh there it is... I knew I can pull that "maturity" right out of you.... very well done!

But alas, I would love to accompany you and you're lonely existence... but I have to get some sleep. Some of us run meaningful lives you know.

And sleep good I will, because I have done my good deed for the day. I have given one person's life it's meaning that it's been searching for. You officially have been put on this earth to amuse me. Yes and for that I accept your appreciation. And you are most welcome.

Oh... I hope you can continue this, what might be to you, a welcome interaction with another life form. While I sleep I expect nothing more than more amusement. Please do try to be a little more witty and entertaining. I'm afraid the last few posts were a bit lacking. You'll have a couple of hours to respond so I expect nothing less than perfection.

Good night, Mister Manure... ooops, I mean... Mr. Mature! I'll try to remember that we were having this exchange when I wake up...

Well, I am just trying to entertain you with immaturity which you seem so much enjoy! It is like a punch for a punch...actually in my case, it would be 11 punches for a punch. Who was the one who got easily impressed!? Are we talking about yourself again, about the purpose of your existence to this mother earth? Maybe as a weight so that the planet won't spill out of the orbit? Well, I have something I want to pull out of you too, but is not maturity (if any) and has to be done in person. Again, this is just entertainment. I have much more serious work during the daytime, just say, part of it would be making all this technology possible for you guys to write stupid comments and work for you!

As for witty and whatever, they are your words. Obviously, you think they are witty or you would not think of them as such. I told you many times before, I don't need or am not in the habit of trying to impress anyone. It is you guys that think so otherwise.

Actually I would love to meet you in person, it would be like a day in the aquarium. Sea mammals do walk the Earth. Is that witty enough for ya!?

Lonely? Hmm, my friends here just told me how entertaining this is but they didn't think they could do better than my "witty" words as you thought they were.

By the way, perfection itself is not perfection at all. I wasn't even trying to be perfect. Well, hope you sleep well. I can get back to something more serious. (and nope, not modelling or messing around with any form of plastics!)

Until next time or the administrators can't stand me! It has been entertaining and you guys can continue this! This time is real....or maybe NOT! :)

Later!

Edited by Slamdunk

Dear MacrossWorlders,

Please forgive my children that have come here to start trouble. I have really tried my level best to be a good parent but being a full time posting member of many good hobby forums/single mother of many mistakes like Slamdunk, have taken the ultimate toll of my sanity to care anymore... much less control the little crap spawns myself. I hereby give permission to the administrators to do as they see fit to this wayward child.

Slammy, I told you to clean your little sandbox of the poo poo you made. Why do you have to go against your mother's wishes all the time? And now you're giving problems to the good people of MacrossWorld. Shame on me for having you! BooHOOOHOOO! :(

Slammy sez... and you would be the mother of all stupids?

Please ban me and MY IP address or I can't stop myslef from attacking stupid moron like you! Is my typing mistakes bothering you? I thought they were impressive like what the others thought!

If you want to deal with me, you better prepare to deal with me in person. it would be much more nastier than what you see here!

:( Yup, that's what a mother gets for raising children like Slammy these days. I regret to say my little Slammy is beyond help. This child needs to be slammed. :(

I invite you to do it physically, Kiddo! I hate "children" and would like to punish them with great enthusiasm! Oh and yes, I am much older than you think I am, just looking way too young!

Just want to add this.

I PM you because I didn't want to prolong the thread, not because I would be so afraid to say that in public! Or in your face! B))

Edited by Slamdunk

You didnch want to prolong the thread but look at what you've done to cwmodel's thread. :(

You want to air your grievances with him, you should have done so professionally and in private with him in the first place. But you didnch! :( I wonder why I blew all that fund for your masters in linguistics studies' when I could've spent them on booze and some 1/48 yammies. :(

Look listen kid. All I did at the beginning was to state my disagreement with the judgement, then all of the sudden, you guys are onto me. He had something to say to my opinion, I had something to say back to him. As for EXO, he started being nasty first and I thought he would enjoy the entertainment. The reason for posting the first message publically is to let people check out what I said themselves. if they don't agree with me, fine! if they do, maybe they can tell the judges what was wrong. Ten voices are better than one.

Added: I never claim to be the masters of anything. It is you guys who thought my language was impressive and thought I was trying to impress. Was there a prize for me to claim doing so?

This is how it works in life. Someone attacks you, you will return the favour. Much like how the world runs. I didn't make the rules. Call this childish but as is the rest of the world on this planet! You nice to me, I am nicer, you are nasty, I am nastier!

Ban as you wish, I try to find a support hotline to deal with my "distress" and try to pick up the pieces of my life and move on! ;)

Edited by Slamdunk