All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

1 hour ago, azrael said:

If I were into the multiplayer games that seem oh so popular with the youth these days I'd probably care...

...oh snap.  They're going to require PSN accounts for Ghost of Tsushima on Steam, too.😒

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

...oh snap.  They're going to require PSN accounts for Ghost of Tsushima on Steam, too.😒

Homer Loudest GIF - Homer Loudest Profanity GIFsYARN | Dear Lord. That's the loudest profanity I've ever ...

Also, found this which may clarify some things:

• Sony games on PC only require a PlayStation Network account. Don't confuse this with a paid PlayStation Plus subscription. PlayStation Network accounts are completely free.

• If PlayStation Network is not available in your country, you can create one in another country. No need for a VPN or anything like that. You just need an address from another country, which can be easily found on Google. NOTE: if you do this or PSN reviews the logs of  accounts and find it coming from an IP address where PSN isn't available, that's a TOS violation which would get your account banned.

• You will NOT be banned if you create an account from another country. I have friends who have American and British accounts (I'm from Brazil) since the PS3 generation and to date they have never had any problems. Again, PSN COULD ban the account if it's coming from a country where PSN isn't available.

Still....creating yet another account. And another password. On another platform. On another database. Which can be broken into. Which will be stolen. Which will find their way on the dark web. Gone are the days of just launching a single-player game without needing to login.

3 hours ago, azrael said:

Still....creating yet another account. And another password. On another platform. On another database.

Well... I actually own a PS5, too, but it's been collecting dust since Spider-Man 2.  Which was the first game I'd bothered to play on it since God of War Ragnarok.  If Sony would just release their games day-and-date on PC I wouldn't bother with a PlayStation, but I guess that's why they don't do day-and-date.

Anyway, I already have a PSN ID.  I just hate having to login to something else after I'm already logged into Steam, especially when the other launcher is mostly spyware that causes performance dips.  Oh, and then there's-

3 hours ago, azrael said:

Which can be broken into. Which will be stolen. Which will find their way on the dark web.

How many times has Sony been hacked now?  Three?