Just got my VF-1J super 1/48

Montarvillois

Hi guys,

I'm not much of a reviewer but here it is. Just got my package in the mail at the office this morning, as always, my employees are laughing in corners gossiping about the boss getting a new toy...

First off, the box is not much larger than the regular 1/48s, just a bit thicker so shipping was OK from Hong Kong to Canada (relatively...). First thing that struck me is the fastpack color which is blue gray and the white plastic is richer and warmer than the DYRL valks. Four big extra hand were easily available in the first layer of packaging so I could covertly play with them without anybody seeing me (at least I think...)

IMO, this is the nicest valk I've had so far. The heardsculpt is superb and the "cyclops" effect seen on other pictures I saw was not as apparent under normal light.

Only two complaints I have (and they are minor) is the nosecone which is looser than the others I have and the TV hands that fall off easily.

The Stickers are the same thick plastic stickers as before. Like the sheets offered with the 1/60 line, the names of Max, Millia and Kakizaki appear, as a matter of fact, it looks exactly like a blown up 1/60 sheet !. These stickers will never touch the skin of my VF-1J as long as Takatoys makes his custom stickers.

All in all, I highly recommend this one. Some claim their holy grail is the Hikaru VF-1S, for me Hikaru's VF-1J is the holy grail as it is the first valk I ever saw on tv and fell in love with.

Anyways, like I said, I'm not much of a reviewer but I tought I'd share my excitement with you guys.

post-4-1070409222_thumb.jpg

What is this "cyclops effect" that has suddenly appeared. Never heard of it. . .

edit: NM. Just found pictures here. There is also a link on MW somewhere. But I closed that browser and I'm too tired to go back and find it. :)

H

Edited by Hurin

And the new pilot figure is awesome. I love the cleaner paint job and the fact that he now has a flight stick in his right hand!

(I would post pics but unfortunately I wasn't able to keep one for myself from this shipment. :( All are going to pre-orders)

What is this "cyclops effect" that has suddenly appeared. Never heard of it. . .

edit: NM. Just found pictures here. There is also a link on MW somewhere. But I closed that browser and I'm too tired to go back and find it. :)

H

Don't worry about the "Cyclops" effect. Like Monty said it's not visible under normal lighting condition. B))

Hi guys,

I'm not much of a reviewer but here it is. Just got my package in the mail at the office this morning, as always, my employees are laughing in corners gossiping about the boss getting a new toy...

I understand you SO WELL!!! Same thing happens to me with my employees!

I cant receive my toys at my house because of the wife... so I get them at my office. It is a real torture to stop yourself from opening the box and play with it.

Is good to know I am not the only one! :lol::lol:

The Stickers are the same thick plastic stickers as before. Like the sheets offered with the 1/60 line, the names of Max, Millia and Kakizaki appear, as a matter of fact, it looks exactly like a blown up 1/60 sheet !. These stickers will never touch the skin of my VF-1J as long as Takatoys makes his custom stickers.

have you tried removing the protective layer on the stickers? sometimes you have to remove some glue that got left on the sticker and it makes it more reflective but it cuts the thickness in half.

Hi guys,

I cant receive my toys at my house because of the wife... so I get them at my office. It is a real torture to stop yourself from opening the box and play with it.

Hehe !

Glad to see I'm not alone... I actualy receive them at the office to avoid customs (my lil trick...) and because there is always someone home to receive the goods.

Got some questions here on the DYRL super n strike fast packs VS the TV series ones... is there really any difference other than the colors n the insignia on the fast packs itself? :huh: I don't know whether should i save up on the TV fast packs n make do with the DYRL ones. Pls advice...

Confused.

Got some questions here on the DYRL super n strike fast packs VS the TV series ones... is there really any difference other than the colors n the insignia on the fast packs itself? :huh: I don't know whether should i save up on the TV fast packs n make do with the DYRL ones. Pls advice...

Confused.

I can tell you one thing,

I'd never put a DYRL fastpack on my VF-1J. The color of the VF-1J's fastpack is extremely nice with the creamy white of the valk. Also, there are slight differences in the arm packs as they have a steeper slant in the missile launch section and the are a bit longer in the back.

My advise, buy the valk/fastpack combo.

Confused.

I can tell you one thing,

I'd never put a DYRL fastpack on my VF-1J. The color of the VF-1J's fastpack is extremely nice with the creamy white of the valk. Also, there are slight differences in the arm packs as they have a steeper slant in the missile launch section and the are a bit longer in the back.

My advise, buy the valk/fastpack combo.

I roger that! Thanks for yer most valuable advice. :p

Hi guys,

Hehe !

Glad to see I'm not alone... I actualy receive them at the office to avoid customs (my lil trick...) and because there is always someone home to receive the goods.

Montorvillois! I'm also in Canada and wondering how that works. If packages are sent to an office, you can avoid Canada Customs from opening it and charging you?

Montorvillois! I'm also in Canada and wondering how that works. If packages are sent to an office, you can avoid Canada Customs from opening it and charging you?

It all depends on what your business is into. My company imports stuff from all over the world so we have brokerage deals that cover all imports for a flat yearly fee. Therefore my stuff comes in and is included in the deal we have with the broker therefore, no customs...

hehe !

Montarvillois - A quick question about your IKEA display case.

I just picked up the VERY same one, along with the NON display light.

But. My display case did NOT come with a built in light housing. Did you have to mount the light yourself?

THE VF-1J looks a bit cramped in there.....I can barely fit my 1/48's in Fighter Mode. :ph34r:

But. My display case did NOT come with a built in light housing. Did you have to mount the light yourself?

THE VF-1J looks a bit cramped in there.....I can barely fit my 1/48's in Fighter Mode.  :ph34r:

Hi,

No, the light did not come with the cabinet (good price by the way...hehehe!) I had to buy 2 lights called "NON". Also the valks are not too cramped I used the top hole assembly to put the shelve on, I plan to lower them a bit to the lower hole which should give me about 3" more clearance.

Don't know if you have the exact same one if your valks don't fit in fighter mode cause mine have room to spare. The cabinet model name is INGO just in case. I bought them for 139$ CDN each.

Edited by Montarvillois

THE VF-1J looks a bit cramped in there.....I can barely fit my 1/48's in Fighter Mode.  :ph34r:

Hi,

No, the light did not come with the cabinet (good price by the way...hehehe!) I had to buy 2 lights called "NON". Also the valks are not too cramped I used the top hole assembly to put the shelve on, I plan to lower them a bit to the lower hole which should give me about 3" more clearance.

Don't know if you have the exact same one if your valks don't fit in fighter mode cause mine have room to spare. The cabinet model name is INGO just in case. I bought them for 139$ CDN each.

Did your INGO cabinet have built in grooves for the NON lights?

Mine didn't. :(

It looks like I'll have to drill a hole myself. :angry:

post-4-1070479071_thumb.jpg

It looks like I'll have to drill a hole myself.  :angry:

Hey no need to drill, just screw and forget, the pine they used for the cabinet is soft as butter. The only little hole you may need to drill is in the back for the wires but there's a small perk in doing that cause the pine releases a nice smell... I LOVE pine.

:)

Edited by Montarvillois

very nice pose. Those 1/48 are "superposeable" ! Great. It looks like a model rather than a toy.

BTW I have my toys sent to my Parent's Office (always opened) so employees don't laught at me ;)

Look forward to recieving mine. HLJ just told me it has been shipped TODAY ! I'm excited like a young kid for Christmas Eve !

POST MORE PICS Montarvillois!