Kakizaki decals

Froy

I'm guessing that they were considering a 1/48 Kakizaki at some point and they wanted to make sure the FAST packs had all the possible stickers just in case.

I think it would be awesome if they did release a 1/48 Kakizaki. The dude gets no love from toy manufacturers. BUT, something tells me we probably won't be seeing him anytime soon.

Edited by mister_e

Yup, Yamato has included Kakizaki decals on all their VF1 sticker sheets since the 1/60 line started.

I'm still surprised that they did not do a Kakizaki version since all they would have to do is change the paint color on their spray machine. I mean hell, they did it with Focker, and Max, so why not Kakizaki?.

Not that I'm a big fan of the lummox or anything, but considering the way they have milked the teats off of the 1/60 and VF1 line, it seems strange.

I'm still surprised that they did not do a Kakizaki version since all they would have to do is change the paint color on their spray machine. I mean hell, they did it with Focker, and Max, so why not Kakizaki?.

It's also has to do with getting stuck with a bunch of boxes no one wants to buy. I think maybe the demand for Kakizake valks isn't that great. I happen to want one myself so I have a custom.

If they stick with the 1/60 line up pattern that would be cool, except for the fact that the 1/60s have 2 CFs. I hope they go all the way to the GBP.

Not that I'm a big fan of the lummox or anything, but considering the way they have milked the teats off of the 1/60 and VF1 line, it seems strange.

Well if they have the art and boxes done up for him and don't sell many then they'll end up losing money. *Max* doesn't sell that well (his valk is always pretty cheap compared to Hikaru and Roy), it's extremely doubtful Kakizaki (who's a big fat loser in both SDF Macross and DYRL) would sell better than MAX. I'm surprised we saw a Max in 1/48

Come on now, give Max some respect. The man managed to get captured by the Meltrandi, convince them to let him join them, and get some of Milia too. So I guess yamato decided to go with the mac-daddy instead of giving poor Kakizaki a chance. I personnaly hope they do make one, but I don't feel Yamato did wrong with any of their releases...

heh, even Kakizaki's popularity can be measured here

everyone talked about Elints, Ostriches, Strikes, low-vis camouflage customs

Hikaru, Roy, Max, Millia, even the bridgebunnies are discussed

but the only thing you ever hear about kakizaki is the Question:

"Why hasn't any company released his paintscheme" ...and that's it

Thanks for the praise. I needed a complete 1/48 Skull Squad otherwise I'd stay up nights pacing. The real praise for this custom should go to Agent One for his (to my knowledge) pioneering customizing of the 1/48 heat shields last year and to Takatoys for his great stickers that made this toy look "factory".

Oh and the toy is safe, no damage... It just seemed the right thing to say about a Kakizaki toy, that he died just after a real appearance in the thread... just like DYRL.