Where's my Yamato Escaflowne 2.0?!?!

iirc, there was news about a Bandai and SHE collaboration for a transforming Escaflowne Guymelef last year...

EDIT - found pics... i hope this hasn't turned into vaporware. :mellow:

(sorry if i hijacked this thread by posting Bandai info on a Yamato thread)

post-8437-0-00570200-1310534287_thumb.jpg

post-8437-0-99474000-1310534294_thumb.jpg

post-8437-0-56638000-1310534302_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

Yes, just like there's a lot of anime Magic in the -19 valkyries--and Yamato keeps getting closer and closer with them. They should try the Escaflowne again.

Closer and Closer?!?

i figure they have pretty much hit the nail squarely on the head with this new 19 series design template that the 19kai has established.

much like the 1/60v.II VF-1, i just can't see where there is room for any more major improvement...

iirc, there was news about a Bandai and SHE collaboration for a transforming Escaflowne Guymelef last year...

EDIT - found pics... i hope this hasn't turned into vaporware. :mellow:

(sorry if i hijacked this thread by posting Bandai info on a Yamato thread)

uh-oh, looks like a PARTS-FORMER, at least as far as the Cape is concerned, anyway...

Edited by Shaorin

It's the old Yamato one, the cape is the only thing you have to remove for transformation. I have it, and hate it in Guymelaf mode, i usually only leave it in Dragon mode. There was a ton of metal in it which is why is sucked, but if they remake it with plastic parts instead I would be game with the level of complexity they have mastered these days.

I can't imagine how you'd do a cape to wings transformation without parts swapping or looking like crap in one of the modes. Even if you made them out of cloth, they'd still be the wrong shape for one thing or the other.

Sign me up for a new Escaflowne toy though (heck a Scheherezade and an Alseides would also rock). I'd also kill for a new release of the series with remastered video (apparently Japan got this for the 10th anniversary).

• 9 months later...

Don't want to bring a dead topic back up, but does anyone know what happened to that collaboration between Studio Halfeye and Tamashii Nations in producing a chogokin escaflowne?

Pics of it online look pretty cool, but I can't find any more news about it from recent times. I hope this collaboration hasn't become vaporware, since SHE puts out some really really cool stuff that still puts large corporations to shame....