Perfect Figure Rei ?

MrDisco

If these figures sell well......and I get the feeling they will.

Maybe we'll see an Asuka next (followed by Shinji and possibly a chase figure Kaoru or Kaji).

One can only hope. :ph34r:

Edited by UN Spacy

Holy schmokes....I wants but I don't wanna get one if tiny Rei is going to be lonely.... A few questions for anyone that may know, were there other figures (this size) released with the previous mangas, seeing as this is limited for vol 9? Also are other figs planned in the future?

B-but... Rei will never be lonely if you put her on the table next to you.

I don't know about EVA's previous mangas or such giveaways, but I bought a Chobits issue #7 box set that comes with a beautifully sculpted Chii figurine reclining on a chair.

Chii comes well protected within the box that has a clear tray, specially-moulded to protect the figurine. The whole package is a real treat! The quality and size (I'm sure this Rei is the same size as the other EVA Gashapons) are about the same as most high quality Gashapons out there. But that's the only gift thingee from Chobit's manga so far.

Edited by Beware of Blast

I don't know about EVA's previous mangas or such giveaways, but I bought a Chobits issue #7 box set that comes with a beautifully sculpted Chii figurine reclining on a chair.

chobits? who cares about chobits!! :p

actually Tokyopop had a limited release of volume 8 + box + the chii figure exclusive to walden books.

The first print limited edition of volume 7 came in 2 flavors - the Xmas Rei and Xmas Asuka that come with their little diorama base which I believe can combine together (never took mine out of the box, but they are based on a single illustration Sadamoto did).

Since they've only announced the Rei figure for the LE vol. 9, there probably won't be an Asuka, at least until vol. 10 or later.

Did vol. 8 come with anything special?

chobits? who cares about chobits!! :p

Me! I'd love a full line of Chobits figures. Speaking of....what ever happened to that really cool 1:1 scale Sumomo figure that someone posted pictures of a long time ago? Did that get canned?

Look, aside from Chobits, I REALLY don't know what other dingy manga or books Young Magazine publish. I only have volume 7 because I wanna have the figurine.

Damnit! You make it sound as though being a HUGE CHOBITS FAN is like I'm in possesion of a HUGE character flaw! :lol:

Edited by Beware of Blast

Look, aside from Chobits, I REALLY don't know what other dingy manga or books Young Magazine publish.

Damnit! You make it sound as though being a HUGE CHOBITS FANS like I'm in possesion of a HUGE character flaw! :lol:

LOL

Yanmaga is cool ;):p

They sponsor Subaru WRC! That's why they're cool!! No really!

:lol:

Vostok 7

Alright, I see what you mean but buying those magazines in my country is not worth it - Not because they kid of expensive... For some "reasons" unknown to me, the customs officers see fit to scribble black markers over the sweet spots, even though they are properly covered with bikini attire. Go figure. <_

Alright, I see what you mean but buying those magazines in my country is not worth it - Not because they kid of expensive... For some "reasons" unknown to me, the customs officers see fit to scribble black markers over the sweet spots, even though they are properly covered with bikini attire. Go figure. <_<

:lol: aww, sucks to be you man. You could use it as "research." :lol:

Vostok 7

Close up pics, face and details.... of Rei that is. Thanks to the guys at SGCollect.

http://www3.osk.3web.ne.jp/~kaiten/gallery...ami/ayanami.htm

Edited by GDomino

the link doesn't work....

Try copying and pasting the URL to a new window.

Close up pics, face and details.... of Rei that is. Thanks to the guys at SGCollect.

http://www3.osk.3web.ne.jp/~kaiten/gallery...ami/ayanami.htm

You can't post the address with ellipses in them... no '...' in the middle, as this is a path shortcut...

Click here for the proper link....

Last try then

06.jpg

08.jpg

20.jpg

09.jpg

15.jpg

or screw it and just go to SGCollect.com.

Edited by GDomino

Damn, that looks shibby!! I'm sure some people will have an issue with the strange articulation and the queer folding 'heels', but I actually really the design. The visible screws should maybe be painted, but that's an easy custom job. One thing that's cool is the figure will most likely be a harder ABS plastic if they're using screws. I can't wait! B))

::edit::

After looking at the pics more, I think that poor Rei might be void of shoulder articulation. That stinks, but it's not enough to dampen my desire for it.

Edited by eriku

Damn, that looks shibby!!  I'm sure some people will have an issue with the strange articulation and the queer folding 'heels', but I actually really the design.  The visible screws should maybe be painted, but that's an easy custom job.  One thing that's cool is the figure will most likely be a harder ABS plastic if they're using screws.  I can't wait! B))

::edit::

After looking at the pics more, I think that poor Rei might be void of shoulder articulation.  That stinks, but it's not enough to dampen my desire for it.

She's got shoulder articulation.