New Macross book

Adventure

NO! This is NOT the strategy guide! It is "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross Which We Love" which you can find information in the same page in Macross Compendium.

Why would I consider buying the strategy guide when I've already finished the game? :p

It looks like it'll briefly introduce the TV series, DYRL and the Macross PS2 game, doesn't look like it will provide any more information than we already know... if I can flip through the pages in Japan, then I guess I can figure out whether I want it, or not.

It looks pretty cool. It appears to be an attempt to bring Macross back into the limelight. It contains strategy tips for the PS2 game, but also it's got lots of stuff on all the series, mostly concentrating on the original.

You're right, it's not gonna provide too much for us MWers, but I know at least one "beginner" person whom I can recommend it to. It's relatively cheap, too. Good stuff.

does anyone have any input on this item:

http://www.otaku.com/cgi-bin/itemview.asp?...p?itemid=63553d

it seems mighty interesting but i would love reviews first. thanks!

Oh my god. New Mikimoto art book. Damn him! His work is now too damn good. How can I compete with that? Absolutely awesome.

I haven't seen his other new stuff yet, but the cover of that book looks horrid. Generic anime girl colored with CG, *yawn* I hope he hasn't lost his original style...

I wonder if this book has a painting HAL made like 1-2 years ago, a red-headed girl (not Mylene) simply sitting on a street curb...I first saw it as a limited edition signed, numbered, and framed print at AX 2002 (or was it 2001?) going for like $5000+ at one of the vendors.

it was 2001 AX. I took a picture with him and he also autographed and drew minmay in my mikimoto art book!! that was the highlight of my AX2001 trip!! Man, it was funny how he was just sitting there with nobody coming up to him for any autographs. I felt like going up to him for more autographs (which I did! :p:D:lol:). I got a postcard signed, and my other mikimoto book signed. I was so tempted to have him draw me another picture in my book of minmay and hikaru, but I didn't want to push it. :p:D:lol:

I just received 'Innocence'

It is a decent sized book..about the same as the Der Mond eva book. It's also a proper art book - meaning all full colour pics and no text or b/w line art. the pictures are an assortment of Macross and other works. They're all done in a brush water painting style..very soft lush images. i'm not familiar with his other artbooks so i do not know if these are duplicate images or not.

having purchased this book blindly i am very pleased. i give it 8/10.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my Innocence today and thought I'd add a few comments. The size was a real shock but a welcome one. I counted a total of 3 repeat images, 2 originals and one Macross. Both originals are blown up and at the same time inferior to their counterparts in other artbooks. I was slightly dissapointed there was no pull out poster like most of Mikimoto's other books but that's just me.

This book seems to be a little bit of everything. There are many omissions that I would've loved to have seen. Macross 7 Trash has only 2 pages when there is so much more that could have been added. On the other hand, Record of Lodoss War is all accounted for (from phone cards & the Dreamcast game). The rest of the book is originals, manga, DVD & CD covers. There are even a few of his illustrations from Chaos Gear (trading card game). Overall it's extremely nice to have all this artwork in one book instead of scattered all over the place. I'd highly recommend it to anyone that even slightly likes his work.

I just received 'Innocence'

It is a decent sized book..about the same as the Der Mond eva book. It's also a proper art book - meaning all full colour pics and no text or b/w line art. the pictures are an assortment of Macross and other works. They're all done in a brush water painting style..very soft lush images. i'm not familiar with his other artbooks so i do not know if these are duplicate images or not.

having purchased this book blindly i am very pleased. i give it 8/10.

Thanks for the review Mr. D! :) Where can one order this book in the states? (Preferably an online store that takes money orders since the cc's are feeling the pain from Christmas....) :unsure:

Melissa