1/60 ground support vehicles

tundrayeti

Hello all. This has been an ongoing project in the building and customizing section and someone suggested that I post here for the 1/60 scale set to get better exposure. So here I am. I am is the process of making ground support vehicle sets in multiple scales. I have already done 1/72 and I am in the process of doing 1/48. I would like to see how many folks would be interested in a 1/60 scale set. I already have a couple folks on the list, but hope to get better exposure here. The set consists of seven vehicles that include the boom truck, power unit, tow tractor, fuel vehicle, forklift, fuel trailer and gunpod carrier. I will post photos again soon but they can also be seen on the thread here.

if you are interested in a set either pm me or just post on this thread. I am merely trying to see how many people will be interested. the set will be going for around $148 plus shipping. Thanks for looking!

Will vehicles be offered for sale individually as well? The price of the full set may be a bit prohibitive, or include items of no interest, to some.

Yes the vehicles will be offered individually. $32 for the boom truck due to it's size and the rest will be $21 each.

since changes were made from the original designs, I will be showing the 1/48 scale masters when they are avaliable.

the 3D designs from the other thread will give everyone a good idea of what to expect. Please feel free to ask questions and

make suggestions since the other sets are still in development. there will be a military vehicle set with the APC and all the jeeps.

There will also be a civilian vehicle set. still getting suggestions for that one.

Edited by tundrayeti

Yes the vehicles will be offered individually. $40 for the boom truck due to it's size and the rest will be $28 each.

since changes were made from the original designs, I will be showing the 1/48 scale masters when they are avaliable.

the 3D designs from the other thread will give everyone a good idea of what to expect. Please feel free to ask questions and

make suggestions since the other sets are still in development. there will be a military vehicle set with the APC and all the jeeps.

There will also be a civilian vehicle set. still getting suggestions for that one.

If you do them seperately, I'll pick and choose. Probably should save after the Christmas spending and such. Will definitely look forward to some vehicles to go with my Yamato valks. Can somebody say "Diorama"?

Yes the vehicles will be offered individually. $32 for the boom truck due to it's size and the rest will be $21 each.

Sorry about that I posted the individual prices for the 1/48th scale. The prices for 1/60 have been updated. My mind was stuck in 1/48 mode.

Even better. Will you post pics here, or are they gonna stay in the other thread?

I will post pics in both threads. The scale I am working on right now is 1/48. Those will be the pics displayed. Except for size, the 1/60 scale set will be identical. The purpose of this thread is to get an idea of how many people would be interested so that I can guage cost of materials, etc. Any money made is poured into the next project and so on. This new process I am trying is turning out very well so I really want suggestions and idea for future kits. Jason, you and I have talked before about our dream kits. This is the beginning, so I'm starting out small and working my way up.

I'm interested in some 1/60 support vehicles and figures, though I still have to recover from my spending over the last couple of months. More pics would be very helpful to gather more interest. Some people might be on the fence, and need something convincing to tip them over.

Also, as customers, we prefer to have some pictures of finished products, or at least concept drawings available to help us visualise and should not have to hunt high and low or them.

Hope this goes well for everyone!

I'm interested in some 1/60 support vehicles and figures, though I still have to recover from my spending over the last couple of months. More pics would be very helpful to gather more interest. Some people might be on the fence, and need something convincing to tip them over.

Also, as customers, we prefer to have some pictures of finished products, or at least concept drawings available to help us visualise and should not have to hunt high and low or them.

Hope this goes well for everyone!

I will be showing pics of thew masters when I get them. There are plenty of concept drawings on the thread linked above. I will post them here though. The purpose of this thread is to merely see how many people would be interested. No Money will be accepted until The masters are in my hands and displayed for all to see. Basically i"m just testing the water.

The masters for the 1/48 scale have arrived. Here are the photos. The 1/60 set will be identical except for the size. I have some priming and sanding to smooth out some of the curved edges. (the 3dprinting process does that) but the 1/72 set came out great and I made improvements on the 1/48 scale set. Please feel free to add comments or ask questions. If you are interested in a set please PM me.

First the Boom truck. The cab and boom will be CNC machined. The final result looked really good in 1/72 scale.

post-7782-129474943173_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474943787_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474947145_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474948494_thumb.jpg

Next the rest of the set plus some shots of some of the details and parts. The wheels even have the lug nuts on them.

post-7782-12947494457_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474945639_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474946338_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474949446_thumb.jpg

post-7782-129474950551_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474951524_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474952334_thumb.jpgpost-7782-129474953065_thumb.jpg

post-7782-129474953845_thumb.jpg

If you want to see more pictures or have any questions, Please feel free to ask.

You are going to bankrupt me. :) Awesome job. I'll be ordering a few.

Question is, which scale? Do I go after the 1:60 or the 1:48?

LOL well right now I am just testing to see how much intrest there would be in the 1/60 scale. I am taking orders now for the 1/48. The 1/48 should be ready in 3-4 weeks. I'll PM you with the details.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few members interested in this set. Please keep the pm's coming guys so this set can become a reality. I just need a few more people interested to make it happen. I will keep it open for awhile longer because I know some of us are still recovering from the holidays.

there is plenty more to come guys. I have some of the jeeps and civilian vehicles on the way as well. I am currently in the process of casting the 1/48 scale set of ground support vehicles. I will post some pictures here soon as well as some of the assembled 1/72 vehicles I am working on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...