Macross World Forums Turns 10

Apollo Leader

I meant to post this about 3 weeks back, but it was back in the first week of December 2000 (I think on the 3rd or 6th of the month) that Shawn launched the main Macross World forums. Previously it was a much more simpler message board program that was used for the site from 1999 into the fall of 2000. I myself was like the sixth person to create an account on the original, pre August 2003 forum. It's neat (scary? ;) ) to see a fair number of those individuals are still here today.

Being part of this site and forum was definitely a major part of my Macross and anime fandom in the first half of this past decade. Since I am no longer actively following the Macross sequels or collecting toys like I once was, I don't know where my future in this fandom will be if any. But regardless, Macross of the 1980's along with Macross Plus will always have a special place in my heart. I'm sure many years from now that Macross DYRL will remain one of my favorite movies of all time. :)

I want to give a nod to Shawn, Graham, all past and current moderators, and everyone who has been part of this forum for making this THE online place for the Macross fan community. If anyone has any thoughts and memories to share of the last 10 years, feel free to do so.

I still remember the forum change. Man, has it really been that long? By the time I make it to a Macross Con they'll be wheeling me in and dropping me off with the rest of the old timers where we can reminisce about giant tuna heads and and waiting decades between Macross toy news while ragging on those "kids today" with their VF-19s, their Fire Bombers and their rock and/or roll music. With their hippin' and a hoppin', their bippin' and a boppin'. Don't know what the JAZZ is all about.

With their hippin' and a hoppin', their bippin' and a boppin'. Don't know what the JAZZ is all about.

:lol: :lol:

Love that Cosby quote. I was actually using it just a couple of days ago!

I was going to chime in when I saw this thread the other day, but I felt too embarrassed to admit that I had spent ten years of my life (one third of it) on this forum... Then again, I spent even longer clearing out junk from Hotmail for (15 years!!!), so I guess it's not so bad.

EDITED for grammar, spelling, and overall making sense. Age really shows lately.

Edited by Renato

This is a really great website! I'm very happy to have found it and be a member. I want to thank all the Macross and anime fans who I've learned so much from! You guys opened up a whole new world for me and it's been a great ride!

-pete

I've been a member here about 8 or 9 years and before that I was saying a bunch of garbage on AFM and the old board about Macross not being epic, or some other crap I parroted from the row boat cult, but I got over it and got myself a set of Macross 7 tapes. The number of users who regularly post on this board really attests to the immense popularity of Macross. It's undeniable the people like what they've seen. I like all the Macross series and Macross 7 is my favorite part. It's awesome.