MW. Hong Kong Shopathon Jan 2004.

Sebastian

Don't worry, there are lots of the Japanese Convoy toys in HK, selling for HK$699 on average. I've seen it in nearly every hobby shop. I don't think they are selling too well, cus Transformers is not really that well known or popular in HK.

Anyway, a quick update. On Monday night I met with Sebastian, Guppy, their lovely wives and Sebastian's very cute baby (who thankfully is much better looking than Sebastian :p ). We had dinner together, followed by drinks.

Then on Tuesday, I had lunch with the bigwigs from Yamato as they are in town for the HK International Toy fair. I got to see and learnt about lots of upcoming cool stuff. Unfortuntely, I'm not allowed to talk about any of it. :(

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the Shopathon T-shirts from the manufacturer. When I spoke to him Monday morning, he promised they would be ready at the latest by the morning of Friday 9th. I'm trying to chase him for an update. So, on Friday morning before the Shapathon I might have to rush over to Cheung Sha Wan to pick up 30+ T-shirts :(

Anyway, I just like to ask all of you who are coming on Friday not to eat breakfast as we will have a late breakfast all together when we meet up at 11am before we set off shopping.

Graham

hey Sebastian, since graham said there are plenty of the japanese version Convoys...please get that for me. I don't want the stupid american version that's dumbed down for all us stoopeed americans. ;)

and yah, graham is so right about your son...very very lucky he's so much better lookin. :lol: better thank Carolina for that and buy her some jewelry.

btw, when are you going to be back in shanghai?

Eternal D,

If no one at the shopathon can get you the Convoy, I can get it for you. We can arrange payment and I'll hand it over to a MW member to have it delivered to you. I would hate to see you miss out too much.

I missed todays event but will try to meet up with the gang.

So I decided to search through this thread to see if I can contact folks for the meet. Well, I turned on the TV and what do you know? A ruckus broke out in Mong Kok where PTU and SDU were called in to seal off the area. Supposedly, a dispute between a traveling group and the shop keeper erupted due to lack of quality services and offerings.

"What?!?! No discounts for 2 MPC Optimus Primes and the 4 1/48s?" was heard amongst brawling and the sound of crushed boxes under trampling feets.

Here's a screen capture from Pearl TV showing the suspects. Be aware of these people and inform the proper authorities if you have sighted them:

post-4-1073670711_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

6 hours later of intense cat and mouse chases throughout most of Mong Kok's little alley ways, tiny dens and numerous "bargaining" with shop owners, the suspects were almost apprehended when they were spotted resting by Pearl TV's news team. There were two additional female hostages amongst the group and sadly, they are all still at large.

If you see or know the whereabouts of the suspects, please report them to the proper authorities immediately. Do not engage them under any circumstances. Frustration from lack of obtaining "killer deals" and high anxiety levels due for the forthcoming Causeway Bay onslaught have the authorities worried of escalating destruction and fury.

post-4-1073671290_thumb.jpg

Horrific picture of hostage in despair among the destructive group

:D

You guys really look tired!

How about the T-shirts? Let's take a look of some pics up close please?!

But seriously, any good deals while bargaining? :p

This is for you Toonz!

Uhm, guys... Looking at the wrong toys! :lol:

You're so lucky guys :D I wish I could have joined you :( . Another day perhaps :rolleyes:

MWers escapes to elevator and ducks low after asking the shop owner to open, look at and not buy the nth toy / model / item. Staying low kept them out of line of sight. I think someone felt up on guppy but we don't know who or maybe he just passed some gas?

post-4-1073761261_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

I want to thank Graham for hosting and guiding the ratpack of MWers through the busy streets of Hong Kong, answering all of our pesky questions, and not getting mad at us for doing stupid but fun things!

THANK YOU GRAHAM for making this trip so memorable.

I also want to say that it was great meeting everyone.

Recon: Super nice guy and I'm glad to have met you and your wife. If you still want that TF set from CTMA, pm me and I'll try my best to help you.

Lazyman: thanks for being our local guide and helping everyone. I felt bad we cut into your personal time but I'll buy you a drink the next time we meet up.

Sebastian: Man you are too funny and have a great personality. Kept me laughing most of the time and take care of your beautiful family.

Guppy: Did you think you bought enough this time? You know you and your girl have a total of 4 arms and can stuff more into your luggage right? Let us know when you land in HK again! I think all of the toy shops are going to welcome you with open arms! :D

Deadzone: Cool to meet you and funny how we lived so close to each other (both sides of the globe) but didn't meet until now. By the time you read this, I hope you have all those valuables stuffed in your luggage and on your way or already back home.

XSToys: Well, what can I say? Really, what can I say? Haha... Great meeting you and your wife/gf. I hope you had a great time. It was entertaining talking to you and regardless of what Sebastian wrote in all of the public men's restroom, you're a cool guy.

Oh yeh, All MWes on the tour can PM privately me to exchange for hires pictures.

Edited by Neova

I AM SO ENVIOUS OF YOU GUYS!

Wish I could have been there. I am glad you guys had such a fun memorable time.

When you have something in common with people it is amazing how the walls come down.

Cheers! B))