Macross Live Action fan project

macrossgino

Cool model. More detailed than my VF-1. If I had a criticism it would be that the specular level on the rough patches feels just too shiny. It gives it a glossy plasticized look.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your progress. These things take time!

Not to hijack YOUR thread, but feel free to check out what we're up to with Macross Aria...

nice details :)

Thanx!

If I had a criticism it would be that the specular level on the rough patches feels just too shiny. It gives it a glossy plasticized look.

This are raw renders that was taken by my friend. Thanx for your advice!

Not to hijack YOUR thread, but feel free to check out what we're up to with Macross Aria...

I have read all the Macross Aria topic and see all your vids at youtube before. You are the only movie fan project thats still showing some life and future.

That IS a very impressive model, and render too! I do have to say though that it looks more like a flawless model of a toy VF-1, and less like a full sized fighter jet. At least right now anyway.

Also, if the VFX are this far along, how is the live action footage, casting, writing, and such coming? I'm interested to see how this thing goes because with the model you have right now, I think you could pull off some really cool stuff as long as the VF-1 doesn't get too close to the camera, and your motion tracking is dead on.

Did you see that movie I sent you? The "Modern Times" one? They pulled that off with some budget stuff. Kind of shocking, really. I don't think there's any excuse anymore for not doing some sweet live action stuff.

Oh yeah, that was VERY impressive stuff. My excuse is I don't have any place to set up a good green screen. Also, some of those shots must have been a NIGHTMARE to track.

Check this video, he send me a video response to my personal account in youtube. It pass me under the radar till now

let me know if it already posted

I don't think there's any excuse anymore for not doing some sweet live action stuff.

Yes! i think that too!. We have almost all the tools to do some awesome stuff.

Also, some of those shots must have been a NIGHTMARE to track.

I also think so. Did you see the Behind the Scenes on Vimeo?

About your questions. Y could said that we are making some work balance to fullfill every aspect of the short film :)

Here are some wip

fcbhdx.jpg

fdhh.jpg

fgdsz.jpg

vf1ahead.jpg

skullleader.jpg

Edited by macrossgino

I asked to my group... If i open my mouth they said i will stumble with a knife ... several times... :ph34r:

Hahaha. Okay, very well. I guess I'll just have the be the change I wish to see... perhaps this means we'll be seeing something more substantial from team ARIA in the near future...

very nice. only thing i ask is, detail on the skull eneblems on the cockpits in Battroid. black line the white bone so it stands out more... other than that, very impressive CGI...

A new Short film from the same country as my group.

LaNueva.com from Bahía Blanca, Argentina

Alem Avenure cut off to film a short feature on Robotech

"This morning the first block of Alem Avenue was cut off for three hours , where they filmed part of a locally produced short film based on the Japanese cartoon series Robotech .

"It is a fully independent short using our own resources, on this 80's cartoon. It's based on the first chapter, and what happened in Latin America," said the producer of the film, Cesar Turturro.

"We just ended up filming one of the most important scenes is the deployment of soldiers and extras upon seeing the 'machine' on Avenida Alem. It's exciting," said an actor dressed in a camouflage suit.

Turturro said that postproduction of the short will take about five months because it will have special effects and computer animated characters.

At that stage what will be added digitally will be "a very ugly robot, alien, about 18 meters high and a robot Veritech built in Argentina, piloted by an Argentine pilot who practically steals it to come to defend the bahienses ", he said.

Turturro is also director of the film 1982: We were there about the performance of Naval Aviation and Air Force in the war with Britain over the Falkland Islands and it also combines real actors and scenes with characters and computer-animated environments. (Canal 9 y lanueva.com)

Here a video

and some images of their VF

72409450353008207174199.jpg

14876245035403820717419.jpg

14865445035390820717419.jpg

76339450354163207174199.jpg

Edited by macrossgino

I think two main things make it look "toy-ish":

1. Hinges/joints. Valk hinges are invisible. They're always retractable/covered up when animated. Don't include the toy's hinges on a model of a "real" valk. (tailfins/backpack I especially notice in fighter mode)

2. Landing gear. Too big/thick. Make everything thinner.

I think the model itself is pretty impressive. I'm curious about the rigging. Is it rigged in such a way that animating Battroid is natural like animating a human? AND does that same rig transform? Or are you swapping models for transformation, or swapping rigs? I'm thinking a combo IK/FK system would be ideal for an all purpose model. Even still, IK when you're dealing with non-standardized joints (like the multiple joints on the thigh or arm of a VF) can be kinda wonky.

But to chime in with the others, I think the bump mapping is my main concern with the realism of the model. The bump texture is HUGE, and as a result, it makes it look like the model is smaller. Also, in my opinion, some of the specular highlights are making the thing look like a glossy plastic rather than painted metal. I'm not really any good with textures, so I wouldn't have a concrete suggestion on how to fix that.

I'm really anxious to see some animation.

Thanks for the comments :)

I think the model itself is pretty impressive. I'm curious about the rigging. Is it rigged in such a way that animating Battroid is natural like animating a human? AND does that same rig transform? Or are you swapping models for transformation, or swapping rigs? I'm thinking a combo IK/FK system would be ideal for an all purpose model. Even still, IK when you're dealing with non-standardized joints (like the multiple joints on the thigh or arm of a VF) can be kinda wonky.

But to chime in with the others, I think the bump mapping is my main concern with the realism of the model. The bump texture is HUGE, and as a result, it makes it look like the model is smaller. Also, in my opinion, some of the specular highlights are making the thing look like a glossy plastic rather than painted metal. I'm not really any good with textures, so I wouldn't have a concrete suggestion on how to fix that.

I'm really anxious to see some animation.

Thanks for the comment, the rig its just one. No models swapping in the make of this short film ^_^

Here an animation with sounds.

Edited by macrossgino

Thanks for the comments :)

Thanks for the comment, the rig its just one. No models swapping in the make of this short film ^_^

Here an animation with sounds.

Cool. I dig the model. My VF needs new hands. It had TV style hands but I replaced them with DYRL style hands. I just haven't rigged and animated them yet. I'm really putting that off for some reason. I also want to tweak my animation presets to work with a VF-1 with Strike Pack (slightly different leg position).

The model also looks pretty good in that animation test.

Cool. I dig the model. My VF needs new hands. It had TV style hands but I replaced them with DYRL style hands. I just haven't rigged and animated them yet. I'm really putting that off for some reason. I also want to tweak my animation presets to work with a VF-1 with Strike Pack (slightly different leg position).

Our Vf hands are the macrossgino version ^_^

Talking about the strike pack, check the new pics

If you ever need help with sound effects placement lemme know, A lot of these guys know I'm very good at my work and I have a lot of classic and modern like sounds that'll work with Valkyries.

Hikuro, Thanks for the offer ;)

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comment :)

New Stuff

dfhdf.jpg

cghgfhhdshd.jpg

fgsg.jpg

dsfsf.jpg

dghgfhsg.jpg

DFSD.jpg

Edited by macrossgino