Bandai 1/72 VF-25F Tornado Kit out now.

Graham

I saw it available on HLJ, but I don't have any urge to buy it. It looks okay, but the new 'pack' just swallows too much of the VF-25's lines. It looks too much like the '27.

Honestly, I always thought the Tornado thing was invented to cover up the horrible Bandai DX toy, if you look at the DX w/Tornado packs, it's clear how much better it looks with the new attachments on (covering almost the entire toy except the cockpit area). In Battroid it even stands w/o stand thanks to the very long tail boom that acts much like a third leg.

The kit does not need them in the first place, because it always looked quite anime-accurate, but naturally there will be collectors who'd like to have the Tornado version, so there it is.

As I said in the regular VF-25 kit thread, I just don't see the advantage of adding more weight to the already fragile wing plate hinge that so easily breaks on models and develops stress marks on the Armored DX toy.

• 3 weeks later...