Which VF-1J Hikaru is safe?

GU-11

I wouldn't be so fast to judge... just because the new crotch is there and the canopy tint is gone doesn't mean the shoulders won't break. It seems like every week we're still seeing more people post to the "need shoulder hinges" thread.

That is true but it's usually on releases that had the knurled pins. So far I don't recall anyone who owned a V2 1/60 VF-1 with smooth pins reporting a breakage.

I just recieved mine from Amiami as well and derex is SPOT ON - this second release is awesome! I read alot of comments about color and shoulder dramas with the first version but this is probably the best built/finished V2 that I have.

Everything just looks and feels right, I wouldn't pass this one up!

Pics man! I initially thought the bundle 1J would be molded in gray. If not, that's cool, I'll just buy the armor separately.

As far as I can tell, the Valk itself looks identical in color to my standalone VF-1J.....the head might be a 1/2 shade darker, but all the whites--the Valk, the head, and the white on the armor are MORE than a close enough match. It looks GREAT on my shelf! Buy it, enjoy it and rejoice that Yamato listened and learned about the shoulder thing! ;)

Can you post some pics and is the box cover different compared to the previous release?

Yea! Mine showed up yeterday. Shoulder joints are solid rock whit no signal of stress marks :rolleyes: .

And I don't know if it is only me but I see at least 2 shades of withe on mine <_< , one for the plastic parts and one for the metalic parts (it seems that the paint on the matal is yellowing. As soon as I can I'll up load pics)

Just got mine out of the box yesterday (May 2010 bundled with GBP version as confirmed by the different p/n hlj uses). Looks awesome. Shoulders are solid, no stress marks. Pretty sure its the smooth "safe" pins. This valk also has the newer crotch style (my first one that had it was the low viz roy), and no rainbow whatsoever on canopy (kinda miss that actually, but oh well). I LOVE THIS VALK! The GBP parts stay put too! Not fiddly at all. One of my childhood dreams (owning a GBP armor 1J) has come true. LOVE this thing and glad i read anymoon before buying the previous release of this thing (I was SOO about to order it til I read his review about old 1J stock being used on the original release of this set). So thanks to jenius!

Does the standalone VF-1J Hikaru that was recently reissued also sport fixed shoulders? Just ordered one on HLJ to take advantage of the free shipping thing, but if its the same old stock with problematic shoulders, please give me a quick heads-up; I'll cancel quick it for a GBP Armor set.

Can you post some pics and is the box cover different compared to the previous release?

Ask and ye shall receive!

And no, the box cover is the same as the first release, as far as I know.

post-11393-127605057295_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127605057955_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127605058819_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127605059694_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127605060357_thumb.jpg

post-11393-12760506116_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Nice decal action, drex. Are these decals anything like the ones that come with the 1/48s (i.e. cloudy color and low adhesion)? I can't wait to pull mine out of the box and put it on display.

I will honestly say, the decals were the most dissapointing part of the new set. The 1:48 came with a HUGE decal sheet for the GBP. I trimmed some of the clear parts off of some of them and it turned out great. The 1:60 ver came with an ok selection, I used almost all of them and I like it, they were good enough quality for me, but the 1:48 GBP set looked better decal wise in the end.....which may be for sale soon! ;)