About Episode 2: More Silly questions

dakedo

Ok this one has always got me wondering, why does Misa react in such manner after Global pats on her back?

I think this is just a nice pat.

post-6172-1269761604_thumb.jpg

But she reacts this way.

post-6172-1269761637_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts?

Now maybe somebody else has brought this up before, but, does Admiral Domel from Yamato looks like a young Britai or what?

post-6172-1269761933_thumb.jpg

post-6172-1269761983_thumb.jpg

Here is another pic of Admiral Domel. What do you guys think?

post-6172-1269762035_thumb.jpg

Ok this one has always got me wondering, why does Misa react in such manner after Global pats on her back?

But she reacts this way.

post-6172-1269761637_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts?

That always weirded me out, too...maybe being "quick-thinking" isn't a virtue in the world of Macross...? That would explain Hikaru's dithering over the love triangle in the final episodes as well...

You can't see what he's doing with his other hand, though........ B))

Taksraven

That always weirded me out, too...maybe being "quick-thinking" isn't a virtue in the world of Macross...? That would explain Hikaru's dithering over the love triangle in the final episodes as well...

What's the context of that "pat" again? What did Misa do in ep2 that gave rise to global's "quick thinking" compliment? I can't remember the exact act.

What's the context of that "pat" again? What did Misa do in ep2 that gave rise to global's "quick thinking" compliment? I can't remember the exact act.

She ordered helicopters to go check out the shore before Vanessa detected Zentradi units approaching from the water.

She ordered helicopters to go check out the shore before Vanessa detected Zentradi units approaching from the water.

Oh. Now that makes perfect sense. In that case, the reaction meant:

Oh my, my superior officer patted me on the shoulder, it felt so warm and comforting, I wonder what it would feel like to have a younger man hold me on the shoulder like that, Oh Riber, I miss you, but you're dead, so I wonder when I will ever get to feel the comfort of another man's loving hand on my shoulder again, I just hope he's not too young, he would be a bother to take care of, and i hate immaturity, a man should be just like Global, oh my what am I thinking, he's too old for me, and he's married, and what will Claudia think? Oh who am I kidding, Claudia will just laugh about it, and invite us on a double date with Focker, come to think of it, i'd beat Claudia and Roy as the power couple in Macross, take that Claudia, oh crap WHAT AM I THINKING?? think nice thoughts, innocent thoughts, Oh Riber, I miss you, why did you just leave me with a sissy kiss before you left? I know I was too young and all, but still, second or third base would have been nice, well of course that's what i'm thinking now, but if you did it then I would have slapped you, surely, maybe, I don't know, Oh Riber I miss you, no way am I going after another soldier for as long as I live, and when I finally get a man, I won't ever let him leave on a mission outside earth, yes, i'm putting my foot down on that, take it or leave it boy, i won't ever let a man treat me with any less respect and obedience, but Focker's kinda cool, i wonder if he has a brother or something, oh why doesn't Claudia ever set me up, i think she likes me to be miserable, and there she is acting so proper on her consoles, well that's because she has a man, now I wonder what Bruno -- GLOBAL! Captain GLOBAL dammit! -- is looking at. Riber this is all your fault for dying, you selfish, sissy sonofa-- Oh Riber I miss you, why did I suddenly remember you in the first place, oh the helicopters, right, and Bru--GLOBAL! patted me on the shoulder, that was so nice, but i wish he was just a little younger, oh I wish I could stop thinking to myself like this, sure it's ok now, but what if we're in a battle or something, and I space out like this, the horror, the destruction, like mars base, Oh Riber, I miss you...

Oh. Now that makes perfect sense. In that case, the reaction meant:

Oh my, my superior officer patted me on the shoulder, it felt so warm and comforting, I wonder what it would feel like to have a younger man hold me on the shoulder like that, Oh Riber, I miss you, but you're dead, so I wonder when I will ever get to feel the comfort of another man's loving hand on my shoulder again, I just hope he's not too young, he would be a bother to take care of, and i hate immaturity, a man should be just like Global, oh my what am I thinking, he's too old for me, and he's married, and what will Claudia think? Oh who am I kidding, Claudia will just laugh about it, and invite us on a double date with Focker, come to think of it, i'd beat Claudia and Roy as the power couple in Macross, take that Claudia, oh crap WHAT AM I THINKING?? think nice thoughts, innocent thoughts, Oh Riber, I miss you, why did you just leave me with a sissy kiss before you left? I know I was too young and all, but still, second or third base would have been nice, well of course that's what i'm thinking now, but if you did it then I would have slapped you, surely, maybe, I don't know, Oh Riber I miss you, no way am I going after another soldier for as long as I live, and when I finally get a man, I won't ever let him leave on a mission outside earth, yes, i'm putting my foot down on that, take it or leave it boy, i won't ever let a man treat me with any less respect and obedience, but Focker's kinda cool, i wonder if he has a brother or something, oh why doesn't Claudia ever set me up, i think she likes me to be miserable, and there she is acting so proper on her consoles, well that's because she has a man, now I wonder what Bruno -- GLOBAL! Captain GLOBAL dammit! -- is looking at. Riber this is all your fault for dying, you selfish, sissy sonofa-- Oh Riber I miss you, why did I suddenly remember you in the first place, oh the helicopters, right, and Bru--GLOBAL! patted me on the shoulder, that was so nice, but i wish he was just a little younger, oh I wish I could stop thinking to myself like this, sure it's ok now, but what if we're in a battle or something, and I space out like this, the horror, the destruction, like mars base, Oh Riber, I miss you...

I'm...I'm inclined to agree with you. That does indeed make perfect sense. ^_^

I would say she blushes from his comment because as a member of the military, she over stepped her bounds as a 1st Lt in ordering the choppers out. Global could, and probably should have, reprimanded her for doing so but as he is an "old hand" he knew he would have done it anyway and had the jump on the situation thanks to Misa's quick thinking. This would also explain why he whispered it to her. He would not want to show "weakness" in front of a new crew on the cusp of a new assignment.

LOL @ dreamweaver13

Well I think Capt Gloval's response makes sense.

My guess is that Misa considers that kind of behavior as some sort of harassment from her boss. I had a feminist girlfriend once, I bet she would have said that. I am just saying...

I would say she blushes from his comment because as a member of the military, she over stepped her bounds as a 1st Lt in ordering the choppers out. Global could, and probably should have, reprimanded her for doing so but as he is an "old hand" he knew he would have done it anyway and had the jump on the situation thanks to Misa's quick thinking. This would also explain why he whispered it to her. He would not want to show "weakness" in front of a new crew on the cusp of a new assignment.

Seems the most likely explanation to me.

Correct me and you probably will have to if I'm wrong.

But in TV Macross wasn't it implied that Captain Global and Misa had a little 'something something' doing on?

I'd sooner believe that Misa and Claudia were more likely to have something going on.

But that's just me; i think that of all lady roommates/friends. :D

I never, ever got that impression, nor did I ever see it suggested anywhere, SIGHUP.

No, SIGHUP's right. Watch the "Easter Egg" interview with Noburo Ishiguro on disc 9 of the AnimEigo release. The interviewer asks him if something was "going on" between Misa and Global, and Ishiguro answers that yeah, there might have been.

He also says that he thinks the Macross's continual bad luck was due to Global bad karma.

You know, I don't think I ever watched the extras in the AnimEigo set. Guess that'll teach me, huh?

Well, the extras are pretty scant, and the Easter Eggs are even, um, scanter.

But the Ishiguro interview runs during episodes 35 and 36. Switch the audio tracks and the subtitle tracks and you'll find it. I HIGHLY recommend it. Very interesting stuff.

No, SIGHUP's right. Watch the "Easter Egg" interview with Noburo Ishiguro on disc 9 of the AnimEigo release. The interviewer asks him if something was "going on" between Misa and Global, and Ishiguro answers that yeah, there might have been.

He also says that he thinks the Macross's continual bad luck was due to Global bad karma.

Hmm... so in that case, a Misa-Claudia-Global threesome then? :mellow:

Maybe you should change your avatar to this...?

post-939-1270713271_thumb.jpg

He, he...Love it.

My Madman version of Macross has the Animeigo commentary and subtitles so I just heard the commentary/interview you mentioned. A lot of interesting stuff. But who would have thought that Global would be such a "ladies man"? Maybe it was just a reflection of mr. Ishiguro's own desires and aspirations?

He, he...Love it.

My Madman version of Macross has the Animeigo commentary and subtitles so I just heard the commentary/interview you mentioned. A lot of interesting stuff. But who would have thought that Global would be such a "ladies man"? Maybe it was just a reflection of mr. Ishiguro's own desires and aspirations?

No doubt. ^_^

Oh man what better place than the source! Thanks for clearing that up Gubs, I couldn't put my finger on where I heard that. Or technically since I don't speak Japanese "read that." Now you know why Global kept hitting his head on the entryway, kept staring at all the girls.