VF-19 and VF-21/22

drummer132

Anything is possible, but a 1/48 YF-19 and YF-21 would be really huge, much bigger than the VF-1. Not really practical as toys and would take up too much storage/display space.

Plus, with Yamato's penchant for big boxes, just imagine how large the boxes would be! :D

Graham

yes this topic has been brought-up before... but all that can be said about the bigger versions is that Yamato will only release two scales after the 1/60th line is done which is 1/48 and 1/72.

That's actually outdated news now. Things change. Watch this space for news!!!!!!!!!

Graham

yes this topic has been brought-up before... but all that can be said about the bigger versions is that Yamato will only release two scales after the 1/60th line is done which is 1/48 and 1/72.

That's actually outdated news now. Things change. Watch this space for news!!!!!!!!!

Graham

ONE TO ONE!111

Anything is possible, but a 1/48 YF-19 and YF-21 would be really huge, much bigger than the VF-1. Not really practical as toys and would take up too much storage/display space.

Plus, with Yamato's penchant for big boxes, just imagine how large the boxes would be! :D

Graham

Yeah, but I kind of doubt that will be much of a deterrent for most of us at this site. The Monster will be absolutely gigantic when released, and I'm betting that SDF-1 will be as large (whenever they get around to making it). Lots of people buy those 1/60 Gundam kits, and those are enormous.

I agree that shipping will bite us importers hard in the wallet, and the box size likely won't help in the matter, but size isn't an issue for lots of us (me included). I say bring it on. I'll make room for one of these even if I have to start throwing stuff out.

I hope they wont make the Mac+ valks in 1/48, the 1/72 towers the 1/60 VF-1, at 1/48 they would be so big thet they would be doomed to a life of a display piece..... :angry: I see no point in making big transforming things that u transform once and leave to collect dust, if you can't play a little with them, they shouldn't be called toys in the first place <_< The 1/60 gundams are KITS, not toys, you have to build them :o Long live the 1/60 line and may it expand to other designs then the VF-1's :lol:

OOH YEAH! 1/48 M+ Valks would be really sweet I think... bring it on!

Graham.... what do you mean when you say "watch this space for updates" ?? hmmm?

Did anyone else catch that? :o

I hope they wont make the Mac+ valks in 1/48, the 1/72 towers the 1/60 VF-1, at 1/48 they would be so big thet they would be doomed to a life of a display piece..... :angry: I see no point in making big transforming things that u transform once and leave to collect dust, if you can't play a little with them, they shouldn't be called toys in the first place

eh? My 1/72 19 and 11 were the exact same height as my 1/60 vf1. how is that towers?

Plus, with Yamato's penchant for big boxes, just imagine how large the boxes would be! 

Graham

I totally agree with that notion Graham , 1/48 M+ valks wouldn´t even make good display pieces (yeah nice to look at but not cost effective at all , and there wouldn´t be much more detail than what we´ve got today i.e. no better than current 1/48 line ) let alone good toys (people tend to forget we´re talking about tranforming toys here). Yamato certainly wouldn´t be as stupid (financially speaking) to waste so much materials and labour force in such enorumously unpractical toys , just imagine what the manufacturing expenditures would be...

I say it´s not only unconvinient for us , it´s not convinient for Yamato either , it´s just too much of a risk. I would bet my 1J that not even the 30% of Yamato consumers today would be able to buy enough of these toys make a profit for Yamato to produce such toys , is simply unjustifiable from a cost vs Profit point of view.

Lots of people buy those 1/60 Gundam kits, and those are enormous.

You said it yourself , LOTS of people buy GUNDAM kits.

Yamato ain´t as big and resourceful as Bandai is to spend so much time/money/resources to produce such toys and still make a profit and Macross isn´t as succesful (marketing wise) to attract as many consumers as Gundam is (any gundam product is a certain succes with few exceptions) to justify such expending.

I hope they wont make the Mac+ valks in 1/48, the 1/72 towers the 1/60 VF-1, at 1/48 they would be so big thet they would be doomed to a life of a display piece.....  I see no point in making big transforming things that u transform once and leave to collect dust, if you can't play a little with them, they shouldn't be called toys in the first place  The 1/60 gundams are KITS, not toys, you have to build them  Long live the 1/60 line and may it expand to other designs then the VF-1's 

At least I´m not alone here.

I can understand all this 1/48 fever that seems to rule over everyone on the forums since the 1/48 VF-1 toys are just wonderful but I can´t understand that people expect these toys to be just like their current VF-1 toys, they think that because they would be big they´re gonna be incredebly detailed and with no QC issues present or that they´ll be wonderful to play or even display but this ain´t gonna happen.

If you thought the 1/48 had almost no die-cast then don´t expect these ones to have any at all , they´ll just be cheap plastic toys (the plastic will be cheap for lower manufacturing costs, not the toy ) with cumbersome articulations (weight) and almost no playability , in other words forget about transforming your precious $300 overly big YF-21/19 toy (whatever mode they come in they´ll possibly stay that way).

-_-

Maybe I should just go flat-out and say, "I wish Yamato would not make 1/72 or 1/60 toys. Too small/crappy for me."

1/72 would be bigger than the M+ 1/72 toys (and 1/60 VF-1) , and a 1/60 version would be probably as big as the current 1/48 VF-1 toys , so if you like the 1/48 VF-1 line I would say you´re better off having 1/60 versions. Those would have just as much detail as the VF-1s and be just as good (specially since CAD/CAM is being used ).

See this is what people don´t understand ; They think of 1/60 is gonna be just like the 1/60 VF-1s , same crappyness , same size , same lack of detail , etc ... It won´t be that way , for starters , those toys are gonna be a lot larger than 1/60 VF-1s and just as detailed as current 1/48 vf-1s (CAD/CAM).

in this regard it would be something like :

1/72 = current 1/60s

1/60 = current 1/48s i.e. same level of detail , articulations , engineering masterpieces , etc..

1/48 = we´ve just passed throug the barrier of coolness. This is no longer practical , uber detailed or anything , this is just a pile of plastic molded in the shape of a valk. Too big , too heavy ,too expensive (for us & yamato) and possibly with a lot more QC issues than thew VF-1s (all those small details would be ignored since they´re too many).

and un-trasnformable.

See this is what people don´t understand ; They think of 1/60 is gonna be just like the 1/60 VF-1s , same crappyness , same size , same lack of detail , etc ... It won´t be that way , for starters , those toys are gonna be a lot larger than 1/60 VF-1s and just as detailed as current 1/48 vf-1s (CAD/CAM).

NONOOONonononnoonnOonO, you don't understand!!!

We KNOW that a 1/60 macross plus valk has the potential to be JUST AS detailed as a 1/48 VF-1. You have drummed this fact into our brains repeatedly already. However, as Draykov has said, in another thread, a 1/48 Macross Plus valk can have EVEN MORE detail than a 1/60. Albeit, most unecessary detail, I must admit.

But let me say it once here and try to clear up this little misunderstanding between the 1/60 camp and the 1/48 camp.

We just want a BIG Valkyrie. Extra emphasis on big. I for one, don't give a flying sh!t about detail. The whole leg removal thing and heatshield thing not withstanding, I thought the detail on the 1/60 was good enough for me. Removable nosecones and opening airbrakes are superfluous. BUT... IT'S BIG! IT'S HUGE! I LOVE IT! I'm sure that's how a lot of other people feel as well.

Edited by imode

...or even helmets & pilot gear for that matter.

Those 1/1 scale helmets are Yamato?

09.jpg

Maybe I should just go flat-out and say, "I wish Yamato would not make 1/72 or 1/60 toys. Too small/crappy for me."

And the great "Aegis vs Imode: Big Ass M+ Smackdown" begins anew. :lol:

Edited by Draykov

I say it´s not only unconvinient for us , it´s not convinient for Yamato either , it´s just too much of a risk. I would bet my 1J that not even the 30% of Yamato consumers today would be able to buy enough of these toys make a profit for Yamato to produce such toys , is simply unjustifiable from a cost vs Profit point of view.

Here we go again. Why reserve all of your angst for the 1/48 Valks? Why not direct any of it at the 1/60 Monster or 1/60 Qrau? Both of those toys will be larger than any 1/48 Valk. After all, according to you, it's the size and not the scale that matters...

So let's be consistent here. Let's get rid of the 1/60 Qrau and Monster, too. After all, how's a destroid with limited appeal the size of a coffee table and costing upwards of 400 dollars any more "practical" than a 1/48 VF-22?

So why not campaign against these items? Yet everytime the 1/48 Valks are mentioned, we're treated to the same discourse. Or does it have something to do with a fear that somehow 1/48 Valks will cut into the possibility of *you* getting what *you* want?

So, to be perfectly fair, and perfectly consistent... let's campaign against the 1/60 Qrau and Monster too, agreed? After all, these two products are more likely than any 1/48 in seeing the light of day at this point.

Either way, I doubt Yamato will get rid of the 1/60 or 1/72 line. You'll get what you want. It's already in the plans and in the works. I don't see the need for you to campaign against us getting what we want.

Once again, we don't piss on your parade, so please stop pissing on ours.

-Al

Here we go again. Why reserve all of your angst for the 1/48 Valks? Why not direct any of it at the 1/60 Monster or 1/60 Qrau? Both of those toys will be larger than any 1/48 Valk. After all, according to you, it's the size and not the scale that matters...

So let's be consistent here. Let's get rid of the 1/60 Qrau and Monster, too. After all, how's a destroid with limited appeal the size of a coffee table and costing upwards of 400 dollars any more "practical" than a 1/48 VF-22?

So why not campaign against these items? Yet everytime the 1/48 Valks are mentioned, we're treated to the same discourse. Or does it have something to do with a fear that somehow 1/48 Valks will cut into the possibility of *you* getting what *you* want?

So, to be perfectly fair, and perfectly consistent... let's campaign against the 1/60 Qrau and Monster too, agreed? After all, these two products are more likely than any 1/48 in seeing the light of day at this point.

Either way, I doubt Yamato will get rid of the 1/60 or 1/72 line. You'll get what you want. It's already in the plans and in the works. I don't see the need for you to campaign against us getting what we want.

-Al

I think that about sums it up. Well said, Al. I'm inclined to give Graham's comments tremendous weight in the matter of Yamato toys, but Aegis! does seem to be a bit defensive about the potential of 1/48 Macross + Valks.

Edited by Draykov

oh my,

What is all this talk about 1/60 Mac+? :lol::blink::unsure:;)

I guess the joyous complete feeling I've enjoyed of owning all the Yamato valks will be shorter lived than I had imagined....

Anyway, as long as we're on this subject of what size is fitting for the Mac+...,

I think 1/60 is fine for Mac +.

I apologize in advance for being redundant, but 1/48 mac + valks would be just atrocious for many of us financially.

Also, a short comment on this quote:

We just want a BIG Valkyrie. Extra emphasis on big. I for one, don't give a flying sh!t about detail. The whole leg removal thing and heatshield thing not withstanding, I thought the detail on the 1/60 was good enough for me. Removable nosecones and opening airbrakes are superfluous. BUT... IT'S BIG! IT'S HUGE! I LOVE IT! I'm sure that's how a lot of other people feel as well.

"WE?" Dude you're a minority.

A big F***ing valk without adequate detail is just butt-haneous.

Detail is king, Durability is Queen, then size matters. -_-

WE?" Dude you're a minority.

Detail is king, Durability is Queen, then size matters.

I have to agree there. I wouldn't necessarily balk at the idea of a 1/48 YF-21 or YF-19, but in my opinion the whole point of making it bigger is to be able to add more noticeable detail. Sure, I like the size, and yes I'd like it to be compatible with my other toys as far as scale is concerned, but I do want detail.

Edited by Draykov

Well, I guess I'm a member of the minority as I have never bought any of the 1/60th scale valks but really like the 1/48 and would love to have Mac+ and Mac 0 valks in the same scale with at least the same level of detail as the current 1/48's. Yes, I realize that 1/60th versions of them would be big, but they wouldn't be in scale and therefore they are not of interest to me. Also they wouldn't be that much bigger.

Now I'm not against them making a smaller scale valk for the fans that want them but i wouldn't buy 'em what i don't get is the people that keep saying Yamato should not anything bigger than 1/60.

"WE?"  Dude you're a minority. 

Detail is king, Durability is Queen, then size matters.  -_-

Okay, well of course it would have to be adequately detailed. :D

Not like I'd except any ol' 10lb block of plastic just because someone calls it a valkyrie and sticks a little "YF-19 sticker on it. Rather my point was to draw a comparison between the two. Say they made the 1/60 with all the bells and whistles of the 1/48. Now say because of this, the price of the 1/60 goes up $20 or $30. Now which one would you buy?

**Yeah, I know I can get a little over the top with this, but we 1/48 lovers have an opinion too.

Edited by imode

-Al

Oh , don´t get me wrong , I just don´t complain about the Q-rau or Monster cause I know those (or at least the Monster) will have pretty limited releases and will not take all of Yamato´s resources like an entire 1/48 M+ or M0 line would do.

I´m not agaisnt the idea of having big and detailed M+ valks at all , I´m just against the idea of Yamato focusing all of their attention and resources towards one single line like 1/48 M+valks , when such line will most possibly be limited to less than a third of all consumers. I call that Elitism.

Why have big and expensive toys when you can have the same detail on smaller and cheaper toys ?

If the 1/60 M+/M0 valks don´t satisfy my requirements then I´ll complain about them , but if they achieve what they promess then I´ll be satisfied. I just don´t see why should we campaing so fiercely like 1/48 valks when having Big and expensive toys isn´t a necesity.

If Yamato releases cheap as well as more detailed expensive versions , I´ll buy those detailed and expensive versions without a doubt and won´t even bother with the cheaper versions. but if those expensive versions are in 1/48 I´ll probably pass on the offer , I could easily afford them but the sole inconvinience of having such a big and cumbersome toy would just ruin the fun of having such a ¨masterpiece¨.

In the other hand if Yamato decides to put all their efforts into the quality of 1/60 M+ toys so to achieve the maximun level of detail on them I´d happily buy them , otherwise I´ll buy whatever has the best sculpt.

I personally don´t care about scales , just the level of playability vs cost of my toys , If I´m gonna pay more for something that´s too big and has no playability then I wouldn´t even concider buying it.

As I said , I´m not against having a ¨Perfect¨ M+ toy line , I personally wouldn´t buy the cheaper alternative , but 1/48 scale is too much for all the reasons mentioned.

Maybe Yamato would consider a 1/55 or 1/50 scale for the M+ valks to match up to that of the 1/48 VF-1. Not too big yet not too small for sufficient details to be implemented, not to mentioned improved sculpt and features, given that they have the 1/72 scale as a base design. Would appreciate if they improve on the overall looks of the VF-11B and the YF-21 but not YF-19 as its is currently being re-design. Please include Fps as a set together with the valk as it wouldnt be inpractical to be released as a separate set by itself

Cheers

I don't know what you guys think about the current VF-21 yamato w/fast packs but I think they could have made something a little bit better than that. It just doesn't look right. After reading some posts a 1/48 VF-21 would be quite large and to me not worth buying. I want something where you can have accurate macross plus valks without sacrificing the design quality. The 1/60 VF-1's look great in scale and design quality and in general are great valks. I think Yamato should look at designing new sculps of the current macross plus valks (except the VF-19 of course).

I wouldn't mind seeing some doyusha type toys being made again. I have the VF-21 from doyusha and I love the design. If Yamato could make the VF-21 look as sleek as the doyusha's I would buy it any day. If I had to sacrifice the fast packs for the design I would probably do it. I like fast packs but I would rather see Yamato make an exceptional design first and then make the fast packs next.

I'm a minority. I want 1/48 Mac+ toys. Everyone who's against the idea talks about them like it would be such a monstrocity, when all were really talking about is a few inches. In the end, it's really the price tag, isn't it?

What's the point of releasing 1/60 Mac+ toys when the 1/72s were JUST released w/ FPs (well, 2 out of 3 of them were) and there were already all the non-FP versions as well as 3 different YF/VF-19. If they were made in 1/60 and it sold well, Yamato would eventually just make them in 1/48 anyways, and then all the people who bought 1/60 Mac+ toys would bitch about Yamato sucking them dry.

I'm a minority. I want 1/48 Mac+ toys. Everyone who's against the idea talks about them like it would be such a monstrocity, when all were really talking about is a few inches. In the end, it's really the price tag, isn't it?

What's the point of releasing 1/60 Mac+ toys when the 1/72s were JUST released w/ FPs (well, 2 out of 3 of them were) and there were already all the non-FP versions as well as 3 different YF/VF-19. If they were made in 1/60 and it sold well, Yamato would eventually just make them in 1/48 anyways, and then all the people who bought 1/60 Mac+ toys would bitch about Yamato sucking them dry.

Price ? nope , not for me at last , I´m greedy I admit it so I have almost no debts so I would be able to buy them without much problems , my real problem is the design prospects such as the size and level of detail , it´s not neccesary to repeat everything again so I´ll skip all that.

You´re assuming 1/60 M+ valks would be just like the 1/60 VF-1s : small , crappy , and lacking on detail. Well , that wouldn´t be true at all. 1/60 M+ valks would be just as wonderful as our beloved 1/48 VF-1s , yes , you love 1/48 VF-1s don´t you ? that´s why you want 1/48 M+ toys ? then if you like the 1/48s then the 1/60 M+ toys would be the same , if not better (more experience , better sculpters and CAD ) than current 1/48s.

Making 1/48 M+ toys would just elevate the price for those who cant afford them , andwould increase the size , and all that for what ? more detail ? how much detail can they put with their current manufacturing resources ? not much more than what they could do in 1/60. Not only that but the manufacturing cost would be too much for Yamato and because of the price tag , there would be very few sales regardless of how wonderful they might be.

how much detail can they put with their current manufacturing resources ? not much more than what they could do in 1/60. Not only that but the manufacturing cost would be too much for Yamato and because of the price tag , there would be very few sales regardless of how wonderful they might be.

What makes you think this?

It's not like Yamato is a couple of guys handcrafting toys out of their garage you know. While the original design stages would take time, I would think they'd have enough resources to produce more than one toy at a time.

Think back just a few months ago. In the span of about 3 months, we had a VT-1, a VE-1, fastpacks, a limited version 1/48 VF-1, and all the while they kept their same release schedule going. Now in 2 months, they've made the Hikaru 1S, re-releases of the 1A and the Focker 1S and a brand new 1J. That doesn't look like a lack resources. Fastforward maybe 6 months from now when Yamato starts putting out Q-Raus. Mind you, these things are larger than 1/48's and quite possibly larger than any prospective Macross Plus 1/48.

Forgot to mention, that throughout this whole 1/48 flurry, they've still released 1/60's and even announced the sacred GBP!!!

Edited by imode

I'm looking at my 1/48, my HCM and my VF-19A and I can't imagine the top of a 1/48 YF-19 would be more than an inch or two taller than the top of the fastpacks on my 1/48 VF-1. That doesn't seem too big to me. If Yamato didn't use such big boxes, I don't think it'd be as bad as all the anti-1/48 people make it out to be.

how much detail can they put with their current manufacturing resources ? not much more than what they could do in 1/60. Not only that but the manufacturing cost would be too much for Yamato and because of the price tag , there would be very few sales regardless of how wonderful they might be.

What makes you think this?

It's not like Yamato is a couple of guys handcrafting toys out of their garage you know. While the original design stages would take time, I would think they'd have enough resources to produce more than one toy at a time.

Think back just a few months ago. In the span of about 3 months, we had a VT-1, a VE-1, fastpacks, a limited version 1/48 VF-1, and all the while they kept their same release schedule going. Now in 2 months, they've made the Hikaru 1S, re-releases of the 1A and the Focker 1S and a brand new 1J. That doesn't look like a lack resources. Fastforward maybe 6 months from now when Yamato starts putting out Q-Raus. Mind you, these things are larger than 1/48's and quite possibly larger than any prospective Macross Plus 1/48.

Forgot to mention, that throughout this whole 1/48 flurry, they've still released 1/60's and even announced the sacred GBP!!!

I´m no doubting Yamato´s productive capacity , what I can hardly believe is that given the current technological advances they would be able to put even more detail on a 1/48 M+ toy than a 1/60 version just because of the size. Size alone isn´t gonna make these toys any better than a 1/60 version , that´s just gonna make them bigger and nothing else.

As I said , if they went with 1/48 with no other alternative I would happily buy those toys , but I´d still think making such big and impractical (transformation-wise) toys. I´m not against having decent M+ toys , I just find that making those toys so big isn´t a necessity nor a priority.

And most of those toys you pointed out were based in existing molds , so there isn´t much to praise at. Most of the toys that aren´t based on existing molds haven´t been released either.

Edited by Aegis!

tom64ss,

^_^ whew... ok,

Everyone who's against the idea talks about them like it would be such a monstrocity, when all were really talking about is a few inches. In the end, it's really the price tag, isn't it?

A 1/60 vf-1a costs approx $50 to about $70

A 1/48 vf-1a costs approx $120 to about $150.

I dont know if you actually sat down and thought about it but that's more than double the price for a "few inches".

Given the popularity of the yf 19 alone. The price would be even greater. So let's see... that's about $450 for three toys with a few measely inches added to them.

In the end, it's really the price tag, isn't it?

WTF is this about?? You talk as if the concern for price is a non-issue. I dunno what money tree you're standing under but for many of us, it is an issue.

If they were made in 1/60 and it sold well, Yamato would eventually just make them in 1/48 anyways, and then all the people who bought 1/60 Mac+ toys would bitch about Yamato sucking them dry.

Bypassing the 1/60 scale to accomodate rich, size-crazed asses like yourself, seems a bit illogical.

And when 1/60 does well, (when it's made) which it will..., like you said..., "Yamato would eventually just make them in 1/48 anyways".

SO.... Then technically, you shall get your 1/48...

1/48 ONLY people, you guys are a minority. Not that it's a bad thing... but when you start suggesting we skip the 1/60... then it becomes a bad thing....

tom64ss,

^_^ whew... ok,

Everyone who's against the idea talks about them like it would be such a monstrocity, when all were really talking about is a few inches. In the end, it's really the price tag, isn't it?

I dont know if you actually sat down and thought about it but that's more than double the price for a "few inches".

Given the popularity of the yf 19 alone. The price would be even greater. So let's see... that's about $450 for three toys with a few measely inches added to them.

In the end, it's really the price tag, isn't it?

WTF is this about?? You talk as if the concern for price is a non-issue. I dunno what money tree you're standing under but for many of us, it is an issue.

If they were made in 1/60 and it sold well, Yamato would eventually just make them in 1/48 anyways, and then all the people who bought 1/60 Mac+ toys would bitch about Yamato sucking them dry.

Bypassing the 1/60 scale to accomodate rich, size-crazed asses like yourself, seems a bit illogical.

And when 1/60 does well, (when it's made) which it will..., like you said..., "Yamato would eventually just make them in 1/48 anyways".

SO.... Then technically, you shall get your 1/48...

1/48 ONLY people, you guys are a minority. Not that it's a bad thing... but when you start suggesting we skip the 1/60... then it becomes a bad thing....

Yeah, but also look at how much more complicated the 1/48 VF-1 is in comparison to the 1/60. There are so many parts to it!

The Monster is gonna be big and expensive, I mean DAMN it's a monster in size and it's 1/60! With tthe size of that box you could house a couple bums in it in the street!

I really don't mind if they make 1/60 valks, in fact I encourage it! Let those who want a smaller valkyrie have their smaller valkyrie. But, quit pissing on our parade because we want something big, that you're afraid will take away from the things you want to see made. :angry:

If it costs our eyes from our head, and we still want it, then so be it! I don't see what the hell the big fuss is about if there are those who don't mind paying a butt-load of money! :huh:

And what's with bringing in the insults now?

Don't start degenerating this thread into a bunch of name calling, please!

If they make a 1/60 scale good, if they don't and bypass it for a 1/48 then insult Yamato, but let's not let this degenerate into a flame war! :)

I'm cool with 1/48.

-I can clearly see why people with the money would buy them- 

However, I'm not cool with the fact that some people want to jump straight to 1/48.  That's just it.

No further comment.

Straight to 1/48???? What about the 7 existing 1/72 toys and the VF-19FP???? Your just upset because you got suckered into collecting the 1/60 line instead of waiting to see if Yamato was coming out with something better.

So what??? Can you put Fastpack on your 1/60? Don't blame me because you bought an inferior toy.

Well....I think it's already been established that a 1/60 YF-19 would be almost as big as a 1/48 VF-1 so you're already paying $120+ for a 1/60 YF-19. Why not pay a little more money for a bigger and more detailed toy?

And as for me being rich or whatever the f### you want to imagine to make yourself feel better at night, you don't know me. And if you've collected the full 1/60 line so far, you've spent way more collecting 1/60s than I have collecting 1/48s so quit your whining, I'm not the reason you spent all that cash, you are.