Macross

VF-0S FAN

Hi :D

I heard a few months ago rumors about a Macross/Robotech live action movie. Does anyone have further information?

Rumors, all just rumors. There was supposed to be a live-action Macross something called "Macross: Final Outpost Earth" which actually was IIRC a Hollywood movie (To be released first in the US, no less) with very strong input from Kawamori and Studio Nue to be released in 1996-7. It has been in pre-production hell ever since, and with the BW/HG ruckus, I doubt it'll ever get made.

Here's the link, for historical interest: http://macross.anime.net/production/animat...arth/index.html

Edited by Pat Payne

It's a shame about that... Apparently at least a first draft of the script got made, but it would have been nice if we had been told what the movie would be about, so then at least we could have the fun of fanboy speculation.... Although I had also heard it would be a DYRL remake... Hmm.

In truth, the longer they leave it, the better it should be interms of effects when it (and if) it does get released. What with the live-action Transformers movie in pre-production, CGI has come a long way since Final Outpost was originally proposed back in 1994. They just need to have a good story, and that means Kawamori and gang MUST be on board 100%.

I really don't think we need some direct-to-video quality Macross movie made. You know it would never been more than that. It would be the kind of thing shown on USA or Sci-Fi at 2 in the morning next to movies like Cyborg.

It would play back to back with American Ninja 3.

Although I had also heard it would be a DYRL remake...

I thought it was based on this event in the chronology:

2030 November

Armed revolt by the giant Zentradi living on Earth. The Second Defensive Battle of Macross City. Hereafter, giant Zentradi are prohibited from living on Earth.

It seems important enough to be told in animation, and btw the movie has "Earth" in the title.

FV

i have no interest in a macross film with real actors. It cannot be better than the TV serie. If you want a "better photo realism" quality just watch "DYRL. I like the cartoons, basic, simple. If they release a film they'll change the story again... they'll design new fighters, new colour themes, new toys, new tshirts and all. And can you imagine minmey with brown or blonde hair? Big breast?...

anyway

i have no interest in a macross film with real actors. It cannot be better than the TV serie. If you want a "better photo realism" quality just watch "DYRL. I like the cartoons, basic, simple. If they release a film they'll change the story again... they'll design new fighters, new colour themes, new toys, new tshirts and all. And can you imagine minmey with brown or blonde hair? Big breast?...

anyway

I totally agree.....

A movie would have a slurm running around our VF pilots wearing a suit showing half their breasts..... in the cold icy space...

The movie would bastardize MACROSS..... it has to remain as it is...

What about the concept of having the movie produced overseas in Japan such as Returner without bastardization, become a hit or miss, then have it imported back to the US to be screen played?

It happens sometimes and this may be a better way to get the movie produced under the wings of Kawamori-san. The only thing I shudder to think is the possibility that it may end up with a movie that stinks with B actors and bimbos outside of Hollywood such as those crap live action Street Fighter movies produced overseas (not that the American version was any better).

Dont let Hollywood ruin & destroy Macross !!!

Look what they did to Street Fighter, and Godzilla !

Please keep away from Macross

go do them E.Ts and Star Wars

Come on now Noel...while it is rarer, they did a pretty amazing job with Lord of the Rings. Who knows, maybe they could pull it off...just keep the guys who did the Ninja Turtles movie out of it and we have a shot! :lol: