On Yamato 'made in china' valkyrie prices

Gatsu

This wouldn't be a political topic, but a real thought on Yamato Macross things prices... I noticed the writings 'made in china' on all yamato macross toys, and i immediately figured out all that chinese workers working for 10 hours or more at day on that objects maybe into some Lagers that in China are very common, and thought about: How much it costs to Yamato the production of a Valkyrie???What is the real gain of Yamato on each Valkyrie???Is the Macross plus valkyries price really justified or Yamato is just getting more avid, more and more, the more success they got the more they want???

Yamato makes seven million USD dollars per valkyrie. They do this by buying female prisoners of war from the hills of Afghanistan, the depths of hyperinflation and war wracked Zimbabwe, Etheopia and Somalia for one penny per person, and then forcing them to have lots of babies who are brought up in Chinese caves where they have their legs cut off at age 4 and are cemented down to a work station at age 5 and taught to produce Valkyrie 16 hours a day. They sleep for 8 hours and are fed kool aid intraveneously, along with assorted vitamins - the basics. They sell the Valkyries for roughly 200 hundreds bucks per piece by themselves - using front agencies to pretend that they are retailers and distributors. Then, they take the money and invest it in a little known trust fund in Hong Kong where the key commodity being traded is uranium, slaves, and frozen embroys. They make millions every day doing this.

All this money is blasted into space by rockets launched from Siberia - and the rockets fly to the moon, where Yamato have constructed a huge moon base full of naked stripers and pleasure dolls which service them day in and day out while they watch Macross fans like you work yourself to death to scrape up some dollars for their next repaint.

HAH HAH HAH!

The evil truth is revealed.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Uhmmm.... you re so ignorant; do you have a few bucks to buy a brain man???

<_< [

quote name=VFTF1' date='Nov 4 2009, 01:03 PM' post='802282]

Yamato makes seven million USD dollars per valkyrie. They do this by buying female prisoners of war from the hills of Afghanistan, the depths of hyperinflation and war wracked Zimbabwe, Etheopia and Somalia for one penny per person, and then forcing them to have lots of babies who are brought up in Chinese caves where they have their legs cut off at age 4 and are cemented down to a work station at age 5 and taught to produce Valkyrie 16 hours a day. They sleep for 8 hours and are fed kool aid intraveneously, along with assorted vitamins - the basics. They sell the Valkyries for roughly 200 hundreds bucks per piece by themselves - using front agencies to pretend that they are retailers and distributors. Then, they take the money and invest it in a little known trust fund in Hong Kong where the key commodity being traded is uranium, slaves, and frozen embroys. They make millions every day doing this.

All this money is blasted into space by rockets launched from Siberia - and the rockets fly to the moon, where Yamato have constructed a huge moon base full of naked stripers and pleasure dolls which service them day in and day out while they watch Macross fans like you work yourself to death to scrape up some dollars for their next repaint.

HAH HAH HAH!

The evil truth is revealed.

Pete

and i immediately figured out all that chinese workers working for 10 hours or more at day on that objects maybe into some Lagers that in China are very common, and thought about:

All that proves is you stoped to read a headline on Yahoo News before you checked your email, and some how you got an epiphany about how the toy business works, when all you really care about is getting what you want at a lower price.

Something you should have bought before starting a lame tread with absolutely nothing to back your claim on Yamato or any other company for that matter.

Somebody lock this stupid thread.

Edited by Save

I had a few bucks and was searching ebay for a brain, when suddenly, masked Yamato ninja broke into my house, stole all my money, and left me with nothing but about 20 different Valkyrie :(

lock your doors guys - before it happens to you too!

a lame tread with absolutely nothing to back your claim on Yamato or any other company for that matter

Well - Gatus can have his opinions.

The real problem is that we already HAVE a lame thread with absolutely nothing to back people's claims on Yamato... and it is our SECOND such thread, since the old one probably went to the Hall of Super Topics.

Somebody lock this stupid thread.

And invite Gatsu to the existing thread on this topic please :)

EDIT:

Knock yourself out Gatsu - all the discussion is going on here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31503

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Well, to take the subject semi-seriously for a moment, we need to remember that value is relative to purchasing power.

I remember when Polish newspapers were up in arms here about a year ago over "exploited" Chinese workers who were brought to Poland to put up buildings and they earned 400 PLN per month (roughly 150 USD give or take).

But the thing is, these guys who just come here for say three or four months, live on the construction sight, put up the building or whatever, and go back to China with their money. They had living quarters paid for and food as well.

And I'm guessing that the 1200 PLN that they brought back to China buys a tad bit more over there than it does in Europe. If it didn't - you bet they wouldn't be coming here to work in the first place.

And in case anybody doubts it, it was exactly the same with Polish people who migrated to the USA in the second half of the XXth century or, more recently, to the UK and especially Ireland.

You'd go work in a pub for one summer in Ireland, come back to Poland and you could sit in the capital of the country, pay rent on a nice apartment and live like a king for a year.

Of course, now that Poland has been in the EU for a while, purchasing power of GBP or Euro are not what they once were, and prices in Poland have risen to reflect a generally European level.

But my point is that these kind of disparaties DO exist for a number of reasons. And there's no point in whining about them.

Where would you PREFER your super detailed, super articulated Valkyrie were produced? In Detroit? You'd be paying 2 thousand bucks for a VF-1 then.

Really, I personally think westerners need to stop complaining about how everything is made in China for "nothing" and stop to consider that maybe one reason for that is because the West is overburdened by taxes and public debt that are artificially driving up costs.

Pete

Does Yamato make stuff in China to leverage lower labor costs?

Bears sh!t in the woods

Does Yamato make a big margin on each valk?

Bears sh!t in the woods

If Yamato made the product in Japan, would it cost more?

Bears sh!t in the woods

Would Yamato still charge you to make an even larger margin on each valk if they made it in Japan?

Bears sh!t in the woods

Edited by Ghost Train

I'll tell you what ISN'T made in China:

Made Men.

They're still made...

oh whatever...lame joke # 4001....it was either that or "but do bears really sh!t in the woods?" ....also lame...

why is this thread still open?

Pete

going away now...

This wouldn't be a political topic, but a real thought on Yamato Macross things prices... I noticed the writings 'made in china' on all yamato macross toys, and i immediately figured out all that chinese workers working for 10 hours or more at day on that objects maybe into some Lagers that in China are very common, and thought about: How much it costs to Yamato the production of a Valkyrie???What is the real gain of Yamato on each Valkyrie???Is the Macross plus valkyries price really justified or Yamato is just getting more avid, more and more, the more success they got the more they want???

Oh my god, they want to make more money! Holy keen observation gatsu! Why, what sort of economic system would we have where successful businesses try to make more money???

Please go back to trolling the "for sale section" with your ugly poo.

Wow, looks like it s impossible here speaking about something different than ' how long would you like yamato make Vf*** wings???' or other stuff like this, without being offended with stupid sarcastic posts, or somebody who improvise here economy lessons or try to remind me the forum rules with more compulsiveness than a SS nazi general... you re really itching to clean up everything somebody could write if you don't like it.... you look all on the same boat like if this was more like a Party then like a simple place where somebody could speak with somebody about something... YOU CAN'T PRETEND TO RIDICULIZE SOMEBODY S THOUGHTS WITHOUT A RESPONSE FROM HIM, if you didn't want to be criticised by me, you could have spare to ridiculise my post, nobody forced you to read it or respond.

Anyway my issue was about WHY they are so expensive cause usually 'made in china' products are very cheap, i could understand those prices if they would have made in Japan, StudioHalfEye products were very expensive but those were non-mass-production producs, usually limited-edition producs and really made in Japan. Anyway if you intend to responde just to offend or do a squabble, cause YOU started it NOT me, just don't responde whoever you are.

I don't know if my english it s correct but i think you easily caught the meaning of my words.

Oh my god, they want to make more money! Holy keen observation gatsu! Why, what sort of economic system would we have where successful businesses try to make more money???

Please go back to trolling the "for sale section" with your ugly poo.

What ugly poo are speaking about???Were are moderators when they should really work? :angry:

Wow, looks like it s impossible here speaking about something different than ' how long would you like yamato make Vf*** wings???' or other stuff like this, without being offended with stupid sarcastic posts, or somebody who improvise here economy lessons or try to remind me the forum rules with more compulsiveness than a SS nazi general... you re really itching to clean up everything somebody could write if you don't like it.... you look all on the same boat like if this was more like a Party then like a simple place where somebody could speak with somebody about something... YOU CAN'T PRETEND TO RIDICULIZE SOMEBODY S THOUGHTS WITHOUT A RESPONSE FROM HIM, if you didn't want to be criticised by me, you could have spare to ridiculise my post, nobody forced you to read it or respond.

Anyway my issue was about WHY they are so expensive cause usually 'made in china' products are very cheap, i could understand those prices if they would have made in Japan, StudioHalfEye products were very expensive but those were non-mass-production producs, usually limited-edition producs and really made in Japan. Anyway if you intend to responde just to offend or do a squabble, cause YOU started it NOT me, just don't responde whoever you are.

I don't know if my english it s correct but i think you easily caught the meaning of my words.

FYI:

RIDICULIZE = ridicule

responde = respond

producs = products

criticised = criticized

Thanks.

Just to be clear Yamato makes things in China because the labour is cheap there, that is the most obvious thing. But something people dont seem to grasp is that there is more to making a toy than just paying a factory full of labourers. Artists, engineers, marketing people, mould designers, mould makers, QC people, the janitor that cleans the Yamato office, etc, etc. All those people probably get paid much more than a Chinese factory worker, its called overhead cost.

And finally Yamato is a company, they make toys to make a profit. As long as they price their products so that most people can afford them, they couldn't care less that some people complain about it or can't buy them anymore.

And just to be more clear, i'll say it again: YAMATO MAKES TOYS TO MAKE A PROFIT.

For VFTF1 (from advanced european union ): Tnx for pointing me at that topic actually i tried to find it before opening mine but i didn't find it so i opened a new one.

For Save: I usually read more than the simple headline on Yahoo News, i don't live in Japan were people only care about the health of the firm and how lick the best than possible the ass of the Boss, but in Italy. But i suppose you have some kind of Economy deggree, isn'it?? So do you want to start a lesson teacher??

I think a partial answer to your question is that not all Chinese factorys are the same. Meaning, just because something is made in China doesn't mean it it going to be made in the same kind factory and under the same guidelnes as a cheap plastic ball in the Wal-Mart dollar bin. Yes, Yamato is saving money by having their products made in China, but it costs money to have a factory, no matter where it is, follow certain levels of quality control, production time, etc. Yamato could have a factory make these things much cheaper if they wanted to, but the end product would be of much lesser quality. In the end, as many have said, Yamato wants to make a profit. If they didn't profit there wouldn't be any incentive for them to keep making this crap for us. :)