Star Wars Galaxies

Yamato Lover

I was one of the last holdouts around here to give SWG a chance, sticking it out...hoping that gameplay would improve.

But as of tonight, I finally cancelled my account. :(

That was $75 and 5 months of my life I'll never get back... :angry:

Today, SOE added Player Cities and Creature Mounts to the game in a huge 20+ MB patch. But all the patch did was cause a fatal error that boots you completely out to the desktop halfway through load screen. So now, after a month of hype over these new additions...you can't even access the game to get them.

Checking the official SWG forums, one of the game developers stated that they should have a patch for this sometime before the weekend. Wonderful...a game patch to fix a game patch.

Y'know...in this age of "DEADLINE IS PARAMOUNT, REGARDLESS OF PRODUCT READINESS", why don't game publishers just release half baked beta games with all the developer tools included in the box to let the consumer just finish the coding. That's pretty much the case as it is...

Okay rant over...no more SWG threads. It sucks ass! :angry::angry:

Edited by Yamato Lover

I was one of the last holdouts around here to give SWG a chance, sticking it out...hoping that gameplay would improve.

But as of tonight, I finally cancelled my account. :(

That was $75 and 5 months of my life I'll never get back... :angry:

Today, SOE added Player Cities and Creature Mounts to the game in a huge 20+ MB patch. But all the patch did was cause a fatal error that boots you completely out to the desktop halfway through load screen. So now, after a month of hype over these new additions...you can't even access the game to get them.

Checking the official SWG forums, one of the game developers stated that they should have a patch for this sometime before the weekend. Wonderful...a game patch to fix a game patch.

Y'know...in this age of "DEADLINE IS PARAMOUNT, REGARDLESS OF PRODUCT READINESS", why don't game publishers just release half baked beta games with all the developer tools included in the box to let the consumer just finish the coding. That's pretty much the case as it is...

Okay rant over...no more SWG threads. It sucks ass! :angry::angry:

Not for me. Im fine. no crashes here. personaly, I like SWG. imho.

Abombz quit earlier this month. I'm quitting soon. It's boring. There's nothing to do. Maybe I'll pick it up again down the road once the space expansion comes out, but I doubt it.

On the other hand, FFXI is quite good, even if it is a touch dated.

Vostok 7

I actually just started this a few days ago, so far it seems to be fun. Granted I haven't traveled off of Naboo yet. The next patch is suppose to do away with corpse runs, just having everything on you cloned when you die. So far what I've done in the past few I'm close to getting my $44 dollars worth, still on the free month. So I'm going to stick it out, and maybe one month after that to really see how I feel. I play on Bria(characters name is Zyberion Gates, he's a Brawler right not trying to become a Fencer or TeriKasi Fighter and trying to become a Droid Engineer as well) and Lowca(started here last night since Bria was down).

On the up note I believe my mom picked up Final Fantasy XI for me, for christmas. I was actually hinting at it when I called home one time and she knows I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. Also after my years with Everquest and Anarchy Online she has a good idea of what a mmorpg is. :lol: So I'll cancel SWG if she did get it, try that out during my winter break and decide which of the two I enjoy more. Final Fantasy XI seems a lot like Everquest though and I'm a bigger Star Wars fan and find the idea of trying the different class in SWG a nice challenge. A nice change from EQ, I'll give SOE a thumbs up for the great work on it. Like I said I'm not that far into it.

Thought Ultima X: Odyssey is what I want but won't be out till sometime in early 2004 from the current word so these will be fillers.

Edit: Changed character name and class since I started over. More fun now.

Edited by Effect

Bah you kids today with your online games, pac man and dan fogelburg...

I say nuts to all them MMORPG games, LAN is the only way to play. I like to play the people I know in the same room so's I can yell at them and throw pencils.

Seriously though, what is the percentage of decent MMORPG games to the really lame, bug infested, dead in a year ones?

Final Fantasy XI is not like Everquest. :)

As for SWG.... after making me spend $150 for a new power supply just so I could run the game without my video card threatening to blow up on me.... I finally figured out it just wasn't worth it. Why? Because honestly... there wasn't much to do in that game. Unless you are a Bounty Hunter or has wealthy friends, you are not going anywhere anytime soon.

I can't really understand why the heck the GMs would include entertainer missions, but not commando or brawler missions. Seriously... do I rather go to a spot and dance for a bunch of NPCs or do I rather have missions that will send me somewhere and use my Commando skills other then shooting something to death with a lighting cannon, flame thrower or acid gun.

Honestly... SWG is only fun if you are a Bounty Hunter or one of the other high profitable classes. And don't even get me started on that Jedi bounty crap. Seriously, wouldn't it be easier to just make becoming a Jedi harder then it is now? Seriously.... its like forcing players to play by themselves and not socialize. <_<

I'm glad I cancelled my account... maybe.... when SOE finally got rid of most of the bugs and got the damn space expansion out, I will consider coming back.

Bah you kids today with your online games, pac man and dan fogelburg...

I say nuts to all them MMORPG games, LAN is the only way to play. I like to play the people I know in the same room so's I can yell at them and throw pencils.

Seriously though, what is the percentage of decent MMORPG games to the really lame, bug infested, dead in a year ones?

I say screw LAN.

An Atari VCS with Warlords and 3 friends is the most fun you can have in the single square yard that VCS controller cables allow you to occupy.

If you thought throwing pencils was fun, try slapping people in the head.

An Atari VCS with Warlords and 3 friends is the most fun you can have in the single square yard that VCS controller cables allow you to occupy.

If you thought throwing pencils was fun, try slapping people in the head.

Is that the same Warlords made by SSI? I loved that game on my Uncle's old Mac.

*blinks*

Nooo...

It's the one made by ATARI.

You know, before companies like SSI with their fancy-pants STRATEGY games existed.

post-26-1068788750.gif