Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Special 2 is "Destroy all enemy reinforcements", but I haven't been able to meet that objective either.

What I did was made sure that all enemies had spawned before destroying any ships. Set your partner to defend only so he/she doesn't destroy any of the ships. Then simply destroy all of the enemies, waiting for all of them to spawn in waves, before the ships. Once no more are spawning, destroy the ship; rinse-and-repeat.

anyone know if is possible to play ace or MUF by wifi connection from to different cities or countries? and if possible how to configure the connection?

Not from the game itself, unfortunately. It might be possible using adHoc Party (if you have a internet connected PS3) or a wireless network adapter and the program XLink Kai to simulate an adhoc network, though. Has anyone tried this, and how is the lag?

Edited by hulagu

What I did was made sure that all enemies had spawned before destroying any ships. Set your partner to defend only so he/she doesn't destroy any of the ships. Then simply destroy all of the enemies, waiting for all of them to spawn in waves, before the ships. Once no more are spawning, destroy the ship; rinse-and-repeat.

Thanks, that did it. Aside from the Chronicle Missions, just that boring Macross Plus Flight Test mission to SS now. Any tips on what fast unit to use?

Thanks, that did it. Aside from the Chronicle Missions, just that boring Macross Plus Flight Test mission to SS now. Any tips on what fast unit to use?

I used something with a mix of control and speed. Personally, a maxed-out VF-25F did the trick for me. The way to do it is to fly in fighter mode to the point, then quickly switch to GERWALK mode to slow down a bit and turn yourself for the next point, then back to fighter mode. Honestly, I didn't look at anything but the mini-map for this mission. The only condition is time.

I used something with a mix of control and speed. Personally, a maxed-out VF-25F did the trick for me. The way to do it is to fly in fighter mode to the point, then quickly switch to GERWALK mode to slow down a bit and turn yourself for the next point, then back to fighter mode. Honestly, I didn't look at anything but the mini-map for this mission. The only condition is time.

Yeah. I alternated Fighter and Gerwalk in Brera's VF-27 until the super meter reached three bars, then used its speed boost super to dash the rest of the way in Battroid.

Edited by hulagu

LMAO at the password locked "Biggest Carnival" bonus Extra mission. I had no idea the engine could do that.

The four bonus mission passwords are

SPATA

TUSRJ

MSBWP

LTEFE

by the way.

Dunno if that's the trigger, but I unlocked the rest of the Moonisland Platoon (Player Character) pilots after completing the first three bonus missions.

Edited by hulagu

Could someone explain how the sound weapons work in detail? I understand to hit the enemy with your speaker pod, play either Song 1 or Song 2, and if you're in range, damage will be dealt over time. But there are some things I don't get:

1. Is there a difference between Song 1 and Song 2?

2. How does the VF-19P's special work?

3. How does the Fire/Mylene/Storm Valk's special work?

4. Is there a disadvantage to using missiles and melee?

5. What does the Sound Equipment do for Fire/Mylene/Storm Valk?

6. What does the Sound Equipment do for the VF-25F/S/G?

Edited by RLZIII

Could someone explain how the sound weapons work in detail? I understand to hit the enemy with your speaker pod, play either Song 1 or Song 2, and if you're in range, damage will be dealt over time. But there are some things I don't get:

1. Is there a difference between Song 1 and Song 2?

Their power is based off the different stats assigned on the mech? Also, if you get knocked over during Song 1 and it interrupts your song, you can't use it again until Song 1's timer is up. You can, however switch over to Song 2 immediately. This is important in fights against Sound Force units when they interrupt your song with theirs to stop continuously taking damage. (They need to add Emilia's song battle with Basara in the next game).

2. How does the VF-19P's special work?

It seems to be a burst attack centred on you take immediately fully tags everyone in range with speakerpods.

4. Is there a disadvantage to using missiles and melee?

Missiles and melee are underpowered compared to song attacks. Sound Force song attacks kills don't count as lethal, so you can use it for that Zero-G Love mission, and songs are useless against Nuclear Missiles.

Edited by hulagu

I know using melee/missile attacks lower the little red bar under your HP for sound units, I however don't know what the significance of that red bar is.

It's the Song Power gauge. I think it determines the your effectiveness of your Song attacks, and depletes when you use non-song attacks. Most of the time there's usually not much point to use anything else, though.

Edited by hulagu

Finally finished Ultimate Frontier. Everything with S / SS with the exception of the Chronicle missions... those missions are a PITA!

Most of them feature 3 stages with different mechas to use... and the difficulty level is terribly hard. Managed to finish some with a D...

The units you use in these missions need to be totally maxed out most of the time to get at least an A. The one I found most difficult was the Dynamite 7 mission, where you have to use the VF-19P...

Finally finished Ultimate Frontier. Everything with S / SS with the exception of the Chronicle missions... those missions are a PITA!

Most of them feature 3 stages with different mechas to use... and the difficulty level is terribly hard. Managed to finish some with a D...

The units you use in these missions need to be totally maxed out most of the time to get at least an A. The one I found most difficult was the Dynamite 7 mission, where you have to use the VF-19P...

You need to defeat all of the whales through Song as Basara before the poachers get to them for that mission to score.

The main challenge of the Chronicle missions is you don't have access to your partner and support skills and supers at all. I still can't beat the AFOS fast enough using the packless VF-0 to score that objective bonus.

Have you tried the aptly named "super-dimension hard" Ultimate Mode yet (Triangle at mission selection)? There, even the unknown soldier aces can easily kill you given half the chance. I think the goal there is not so much to score as to survive.

Edited by hulagu

Have you tried the aptly named "super-dimension hard" Ultimate Mode yet (Triangle at mission selection)? There, even the unknown soldier aces can easily kill you given half the chance. I think the goal there is not so much to score as to survive.

Yeah, you don't even get a grade when you complete a mission, just a star. Like, "good boy". <_<

I learn a couple stratagies for Chronicle Missions (Got alot of S/SS except for bosses missions - though still working on Mac 7):

The best thing to do is max out each valkyrie as much as possible (+70K). You would need to upgrade all of the valk's characteristics, main gun, songs, and missles (you will need all the missiles you can get), and hand to hand combat. Lasers won't help much at this stage.

Reactive missiles are only good for large or stationary targets. Not good for small ones unless you are pretty far away (even then hitting/damaging them is remote).

Hand to hand combat is a must in Chronicles especially CQB with Miria in DRYL. Somehow it produces more damage against unknown aces (though I could be wrong about it :lol: ). After that fly away or dodge the enemy - the chance of them SP attacking you is pretty high.

Be able to do dodge fast and use flares against multiple missles.

Recognize enemies SP attacks especially large beam ones. Get caught in one long enough you might as well restart the mission again.

Learn not to rely on fast/armor packs too much - Here's my reason: Though have the packs give you additional fire power and kills the enemies much faster - certain stronger enemies/aces/bosses will knock out your fast pack faster than you can use your sp more than twice. Dodging and flares do help extend the Ar/FP hp. In my opinion is kinda mess'd up that you have to eject your fast pack after your armor hp goes to 0 especially when fighting AFOS or Boddole Zer.

Lastly, learn to be patient and take breaks!!! The last thing you want is to throw or smash your psp b/c you couldn't beat Chronicle AFOS for the 15th time!!! :p Try both Chronicles with "super-dimension hard" at the same time. Then we got something to talk regarding patience.

I think the reason why Chronicles and "super-dimension hard" is so difficult is that it forces the casual gamer to stratagize more how to attack and counterattack the enemy than blindly blasting everything in sight. It is very similar to EX Friendly Fire in MAF.

Learn not to rely on fast/armor packs too much - Here's my reason: Though have the packs give you additional fire power and kills the enemies much faster - certain stronger enemies/aces/bosses will knock out your fast pack faster than you can use your sp more than twice. Dodging and flares do help extend the Ar/FP hp. In my opinion is kinda mess'd up that you have to eject your fast pack after your armor hp goes to 0 especially when fighting AFOS or Boddole Zer.

I feel keeping the pack to the end of the mission is vital to SS some Chronicle missions. One is the one where Roy Focker defends the Asuka II in the Armored VF-0. You pretty much need to one-shot Nora head-on with the Armored Pack super as she flies past to stop her getting away without wasting too much time, then immediately turn your attention to D.D. with the second shot to stop him from doing too much damage before being defeated.

Another one is Shadow of Michael, where the Pack Super and the single lockon missiles are very useful in chasing him down and taking him out quickly. He's too fast to effectively train tbe naked VF-25 beam Super on for maximum effect, and very good at dodging the other slower missiles.

Ed: OK, for the Chronicle AFOS, it seems to meet "Objective 3: Defeat the AFOS quickly", you need to stick real close around the AFO's body in GERWALK, keeping up a constant stream of fire and missiles to keep its shields down, and use your melee specials when available directly in front of the torso for maximimum damage. Taking down Nora, D.D. and the AFOS fast is enough for an S, but I still need to rack up more HP, Time, and Combo bonuses for the SS.

Edited by hulagu

On a side note, Sarah's support skill Song of Doom is a damn cheap move especially when used by the player, because of its relatively fast activation, and because you can chase down enemies while it's active (unlike the game controlled AFOS) it to get them into its area of effect, and the AI is too dumb to run away effectively.

I stand corrected. The Chronicle AFOS does something even cheaper, It uses Song of Doom, folds out and defolds directly on top of you, LOL.

Thank you very much for the tips... i decided to retry many stages of the missions but that meant losing all the points I had accumulated (hence the D ranking). I'm trying now to finish everything in one swoop (ha!).

Lastly, learn to be patient and take breaks!!! The last thing you want is to throw or smash your psp b/c you couldn't beat Chronicle AFOS for the 15th time!!! :p Try both Chronicles with "super-dimension hard" at the same time. Then we got something to talk regarding patience.

I think the reason why Chronicles and "super-dimension hard" is so difficult is that it forces the casual gamer to stratagize more how to attack and counterattack the enemy than blindly blasting everything in sight. It is very similar to EX Friendly Fire in MAF.

Totally agree with you, after a Large Vajra kept defeating my Macross Quarter over and over again, the risk of throwing my PSP started to be very high :p

It's nice that these missions make you think of how to defeat the enemy, but the missions are so damn long!

Anyway I shouldn't complain, this game is lots of fun :)

Finally SSed everything. One tip for the damn Chronicle AFOS mission is to manually purge the Booster pack just before the Nora+DD fight. Not really a loss, as you will lose it anyway in the next stage. The melee super is _much_ more effective against them, and you will need all the combo/time bonuses you can get.

You are very welcome GGemini. Actually what you can do is to spam the EX missions that has the fighter you are using for Chronicles Missions. Most of the fighters' points are usually near the end of each era missions. You might have to use some accumulated points in the beginning, but around 30K - 40K you will be starting to get S/SS on those EX missions. You will make up all the lost points and more in no time ^_^

I totally agree that these missions are much much longer.

Another suggestion is to knock out the weaker enemies quickly. That will give you more space to deal with aces/bosses and fill up the sp bar quicker. It won't always work especially DYRL and Frontier final missions. You actually have to eliminate all the weaker ones before you after the boss to get that SS. All that dodging and moving is pretty tedious IMO.

You the man, Hulagu! ;) I bet alot of your VF-OAs got shot downed by the Chronicles AFOS in getting that SS. Probably more like a graveyard of VF-0As floating in the sea. hahaha Did you save that mission? I am sure alot of MWers want to see that accomplishment. Out of curiorsity why did you purge your fast pack before fighting Nora and DD? Wouldn't it be better to let it be destroyed first? When fighting the AFOS did you target the main body/head? Yes, I agree that this AFOS version fights dirtier than the era one.

I found out that single lockon missiles generally work better than multilock on missles since damage/enemy is much higher and you can switch targets much faster.

Almost forgot when playing Macross Chronicles Skull Leader Forever, you must protect Kakizaki through out the first mission. That is a major determinate between S (dies) or SS (survived). There is quite a bit of aces that can wipe him out.

Have fun!

You are very welcome GGemini. Actually what you can do is to spam the EX missions that has the fighter you are using for Chronicles Missions. Most of the fighters' points are usually near the end of each era missions. You might have to use some accumulated points in the beginning, but around 30K - 40K you will be starting to get S/SS on those EX missions. You will make up all the lost points and more in no time ^_^

I totally agree that these missions are much much longer.

Another suggestion is to knock out the weaker enemies quickly. That will give you more space to deal with aces/bosses and fill up the sp bar quicker. It won't always work especially DYRL and Frontier final missions. You actually have to eliminate all the weaker ones before you after the boss to get that SS. All that dodging and moving is pretty tedious IMO.

You the man, Hulagu! ;) I bet alot of your VF-OAs got shot downed by the Chronicles AFOS in getting that SS.

Hell, yes. The AFOS is probably the most frustrating mission in the entire game. First, in Zero campaign mode, because if you play in chronological order, like I did, the AFOS is a sudden jump in difficulty with its multiple ways to one shot your unupgraded VF-0. Later in Chronicle mode, because of the low margin of error allowed to SS the thing.

Probably more like a graveyard of VF-0As floating in the sea. hahaha Did you save that mission? I am sure alot of MWers want to see that accomplishment.

How do you record video directly off the PSP like on youtube anyway?

Out of curiorsity why did you purge your fast pack before fighting Nora and DD? Wouldn't it be better to let it be destroyed first? When fighting the AFOS did you target the main body/head? Yes, I agree that this AFOS version fights dirtier than the era one.

To shave time off killing Nora. Nora will attempt to ram you the first thing she does. Avoid and then keep on her tail and activate the melee super immediately after she comes out of the invincibility to instantkill her (with maxed out melee, of course). If you use the missile super, it will take longer as she will try to shake them off and you will have to chase her down. It's good for dealing heavy damage to D.D. as well, although it won't instantkill him (he has that one-time healing support skill equipped), since they're stuck in fighter mode initially due to the booster and can't block.

I targeted the main torso target (the one acquired by up+R) from the front when possible, in gerwalk.

Now to survive through Ultimate Mode...

Edited by hulagu

Wanna hear something funny,

Well I bought this game Armored Core 3; and I was playing it for a day or so and then I could not remember were I had placed my MuF game I could not find it anywere and I was pretty perplexed about it. I was searching carefully every were just so I would not break it when I found it.

Two days later which is actually today, I remembered I downloaded the Armored Core 3 from the PSP site so guess were my MUF has been alll along?

Thats right you got it give me the answer __________________________________

Wanna hear something funny,

Well I bought this game Armored Core 3; and I was playing it for a day or so and then I could not remember were I had placed my MuF game I could not find it anywere and I was pretty perplexed about it. I was searching carefully every were just so I would not break it when I found it.

Two days later which is actually today, I remembered I downloaded the Armored Core 3 from the PSP site so guess were my MUF has been alll along?

Thats right you got it give me the answer __________________________________

Uranus?

So... You never shut off your PSP, then?

Well I turn the power off but not the game and just start playing agian when I turn the power on. So I never looked on the main screen to see that I had a disk in. I am so used to using the disk, and

Sony now is selling great games on download at cheap and great prices.

Sony is mainly doing the online game sales for the PSP Go, considering that it only accepts download games not disk for the PSP Go.

Well I turn the power off but not the game and just start playing agian when I turn the power on. So I never looked on the main screen to see that I had a disk in. I am so used to using the disk, and

Sony now is selling great games on download at cheap and great prices.

Sony is mainly doing the online game sales for the PSP Go, considering that it only accepts download games not disk for the PSP Go.

Great commercial! :)

On a slightly related note, I wonder why both Ultimate & Ace haven't made it onto the Japanese playstation store yet.

Great commercial! :)

On a slightly related note, I wonder why both Ultimate & Ace haven't made it onto the Japanese playstation store yet.

It still seems as though Sony is still getting the whole online downloading thing together. It doesnt seem as though it is totally put together, it seems as though they threw a lot of games on there for download but the site is still in construction mode.

It is sad that the PSP Go only downloads 80211b and that is a 2009 model why they did that I have absolutely no idea it makes no sense. The downloads have to feel like flying the MUF Monster with out any skill points.

Edited by light