Are you a Bounty Hunter?

Jolly Rogers

Have they released the space travel expansion yet? If they haven't, it must suck for the people who are on a different planet. They have no way to get the credits.

There has always been inter-planet travel in the game in the form of "shuttles". I played the game for about three months when it first came out. Biggest waste of $110 I ever spent IMO.

No, you can't be a sith. Darksider, yes, but not Sith since there are only two at any given time, and right now, those two happen to be the Emperor and Darth Vader.

This game has never been about playing a Jedi. It's for all those other occupations that get dismissed whenever people have the chance at being a Force-user. If you want to play a Jedi, go for Outcast or Academy or any of a dozen other games.

Besides, being a Jedi is supposed to be a hard thing that only a few people ever actually attain. I'm glad Galaxies has kept that spirit, and even made it unhealthy to be a Jedi.

Interesting. On getting back from overseas, I bought the game, installed it, but never registered. I was waiting for the space expansion and bugs to be worked out. I'm glad being a "Jedi" (of the only quasi-trained sort available during the original movie era) is difficult. Still wish they'd make the thing more lethal and get rid of the cloning/respawning business. Still, one of my friends who plays the game tells me that if you unlock the Force Sensitive thing and get killed you DON'T respawn, which I liked (just thought they should do that for everyone).

This might merit registration one of these days...

While I don't think it's "stupid", I do have issue with the fact that they (the developers of the game) won't tell anyone HOW to become a Jedi. I totally understand and support their intent to keep the Jedi population to a bare minimum, I even support the idea of perma-death for the Jedi, I just thought it was wrong for them to say "it's a secret" and leave it at that. They gave no hints, no pointers, nada. You just had to take their word for it that someone would one day be a Jedi. To me, I always felt that it was because, at release, the game wasn't finished yet and they just hadn't coded it yet. Oh well, I quit awhile back ago and have no desire to return. As someone else already stated: "Too little too late".

Well it can't be too public or Bounty Hunters and Imperial faction types will be stalking the Jedi training areas. The mystery surrounding it is precisely how it's supposed to be, given how the Jedi are an illegal group in the Empire. They can't exactly post "sign up here for your lightsaber." Unless you can think of a way to inform prospects without inviting bounty hunters and/or the Empire to sign up, too.

The only "real" Jedi are Yoda and Obi-Wan in this time frame. The rest are quasi-trained posers who may or may not have the right stuff. And if they show the right stuff and can escape the Bounty Hunters, I should hope Darth Vader is gonna come for 'em and smack 'em down.

Has the game improved at all in the last month or so? Jedi Bounties might actually be kind of fun, but perhaps less so if every Jedi on there can get the mission. hehe.

Unless I start hearing about the game improving in leaps and bounds, this still isn't enough to keep my interest. I played for 3 long months and wish I wouldn't have even dumped the intial cost into it. Too bad they closed off the forums from guests. Now I can't follow it from day to day to see if the game is getting better or worse. I wonder how many people are gone for good now. :lol:

Here's the latest from Theforce.net

Latest Jedi Info From Galaxies

Tue, Nov 11, 03 02:41:27 PM EST

Jedi have been popping up on Galaxies Servers like.... rare plants. But not non-existant plants! There are at least three Jedi Jedi Initiates spread amounst the servers. IGN has an interview with Haden Blackman about this very subject, exceprt folows:

IGNPC: What sorts of unique missions can Jedi undertake? Will they simply take on the regular player missions with these new skills or will they have Jedi-specific missions?

Haden Blackman: Because there will be so few Jedi initially, our philosophy was to allow players to play out the "Jedi in hiding" role, as seen in the original Star Wars. They can still experience all the current content, using their lightsabers and Force powers, and participate in PvP combat, but being a Jedi will be dangerous, given that the Emperor and Vader have dedicated themselves to killing all Force wielders. Eventually, as Jedi become more pervasive, we hope to add Jedi-specific missions and quests, for both light and dark Jedi.

SWG.Stratics has more information, of which I'll outline a bit:

To make the training saber, all the needed were gems, steel, and chemicals ... all easy to get. No looted components.

Jedi are hunted my Bounty Hunters! In the greatest development yet, Ben sends this in:

In a shocking twist Bounty Hunter players on the Naritus galaxy found a new "Dynamic Mission" appear on the Bounty Hunter terminal listed with the hardest missions Bounty Hunters can get. Naritus is also the home of one of the few new Jedi Initiates.....

Zina was confirmed to unlock her FS just late yesterday, the second such Jedi player we have heard of. Now this new "Dynamic Mission" is level 75 difficulty and only has a letter and number code as its name. The reward is 150,000 credits.... One of the Master Bounty Hunters, Nerro Elyst accepted the mission, the Jedi players name was listed on the mission in the targets name section.

Nerro Elyst then quickly spoke with the Master level Spy-Net Operative and received the bio-signature. Nerro Elyst then attempted to track the player using droids but was greeted with a "your target is not online message" even though she was indeed online. Perhaps a bug, or perhaps the Jedi player had not yet done enough open displays of the force to give away her position, in the end though with Player Bounties active one thing is certain... It will be the players who will eagerly help keep the Jedi population in check... now the question to you is are you to be one of the hunted or the hunter?

I just thought about this, as soon as they get and FAQ out to how to become a jedi, it will be the old republic all over again. imperials will start dying. fast. you will see squads of jedi. i better start now so I dont get killed.

Assuming that you actually EARN the force.

It could totally random.

Even worse, it may be specially bestowed upon players by the actual humans running the game(though it's very doubtful).

Just something to think about.

Ok, I broke down and finally registered my game. Learning curve isn't too steep and it hasn't gotten old hat, though I only played for an hour or so... the problem is that either I'm picking a mission that's too hard (didn't think it would be) or that there wasn't anyone to help me, but I got incapacitated as soon as I left town. Course, not being a combat type (Entertainer) didn't help, I guess... But got up and then wondered around a bit.

If the game is pseudo-realistic, they'll have the Empire capture these wannabe Jedi and find out where they're training and get the trainer. It shoudl require some rp'ing to get it, but not sure... and if they're smart, this trainer/training thing will move around and/or not advertise while it has whatever amount of students (1 or 2 maybe) it can handle... I doubt it's totally random though... just a matter of finding out who the trainer and possibly not having a bad reputation as an Imperial or something...

I wonder if it's not a scam.

How do you know it's not one the game designers running around as a jedi to keep players interested?

People have been playing it for months if no jedi appeared by now people may leave. Plant a few Jedi and you get people interested again.