Yamato VF-1A 1/60 v.2 - Broken shoulder

cazzalora

I have a 1S and a 1A. I was planning on getting other

repaints of the vf-1 but because of the crack on my

1A's shoulder, I may just be getting 1 cf then maybe

i'm done with the vf-1 line.

Yamato knows how much this issue is keeping potential

buyers from getting more repaints and I can't understand

why they won't address it once and for all.

Last update from HLJ:

"We have received your parts request and are processing it now. As soon as

we hear anything back from the manufacturer, we will pass that information

along to you and/or ship your parts."

I am hoping that Yamato will send the broken part soon....

Rey

Today I got an email from HLJ. It looks like my 'case' about the broken shoulder was passed to the HLJ parts department.

What case? Don't they just replace them and charge you for the new bits?

While I'm here, exactly what pieces does HLJ replace in this case of broken shoulders? Is it the entire hinge, shoulder area?

What case? Don't they just replace them and charge you for the new bits?

While I'm here, exactly what pieces does HLJ replace in this case of broken shoulders? Is it the entire hinge, shoulder area?

I just sent a picture of the broken hinge (within 10 days of delivery) so I am hoping to receive the hinge or hinge+arm piece. From the HLJ policy page:

"If a return becomes necessary due to a mistake in shipping, shipping damage or a defect in the product, we will compensate you for the shipping charges to return the item to Japan if you ship the item as directed by us. All claims for returns or refunds due to shipping damage or manufacturing defects must be made within 10 days of its delivery to you."

[...]

"HobbyLink Japan is committed to customer service and will promptly address any customer claims of shipping errors, damage, defects, missing items, etc. if we are contacted within 10 days of delivery at trouble@hlj.com."

Edited by cazzalora

Just found out last night that my 1A also has a broken shoulder ( right ) its really not a big issue with me as long as it doesnt completely shear off. just hope that the latest releases will be problem free.

Latest news from HLJ. Today I got the following notice in the email:

"..........

This message is to let you know that the following merchandise has been shipped to you from HobbyLink Japan.

Shipping Method: SAL - Small Pac

Click here for an estimate of shipping times

Item Code Item Name Quantity Price Extended Price

YMTPARTS Yamato Parts 1 0 0

Merchandise Total: 0

Total: 0

.........."

Well.. HLJ simply ROCKS!!!!!!

YEHEY!!!

The other shoulder on my 1A finally cracked!

Now I don't have to worry that it will also crack.

(I hope yamato notices my sarcasm <_< )

I guess I have to do double shoulder surgery

one of these days.

YAMATOOOOOOO! AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

By the way, is there a way that I can get a

replacement part if I did not order it online?

I bought it from a toy store in CSC in S'pore.

Does anyone know if I can get it free of charge?

Edited by geepogi

Guest sh002

they have a sale for the vf-1a hikaru at hlj and overdrive. should i get it or is there a big chance that it will be broken?

they have a sale for the vf-1a hikaru at hlj and overdrive. should i get it or is there a big chance that it will be broken?

I bought the following items during the last months from HLJ:

1x YMT00085 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo with Super & Strike Parts

2x YMT00094 VF-1A Hikaru Ichijo

Out of the box only one of these Valkyries had the shoulder broken (it was the YMT00094).

Not a big deal. HLJ sent me a shoulder replacement part for free. I should get the new shoulder next week I think.

Thanks,

Rey

I'll chime in for the the people hesitant to pick these up.

I have:

vf-1a hikky

vf-1d

vf-1s roy

vf-1j hikky

and transformed them multiple times. No cracks on the shoulders so far.

For taking off the missiles: look very closely at the circle connectors under the wings. There are grooves in there. It's hard to explain, just look at it, and you will see the easy way to take missiles on and off. Similar to taking a gas cap on/off a car.

Hi Guys,

I recently had to perform shoulder surgery on 2 Valks, so I decided to take some photos and try to document a bit of the process. Hopefully these photos might help someone needing a visual reference. Sorry if a couple of the photos are not well focused, I was using my friend's iPhone camera with which I am not familiar... :unsure:

One thing I forgot to mention in the photo text is to let the lubricant soak in for at least 10 minutes. Also, be careful how much of the knurling you file away, I managed to get one shoulder with just the right amount of tightness, but the other shoulder is somewhat loose. Hopefully, if I apply some nail polish it will help.

p0.jpg

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

Hi Guys,

I recently had to perform shoulder surgery on 2 Valks, so I decided to take some photos and try to document a bit of the process. Hopefully these photos might help someone needing a visual reference. Sorry if a couple of the photos are not well focused, I was using my friend's iPhone camera with which I am not familiar... :unsure:

One thing I forgot to mention in the photo text is to let the lubricant soak in for at least 10 minutes. Also, be careful how much of the knurling you file away, I managed to get one shoulder with just the right amount of tightness, but the other shoulder is somewhat loose. Hopefully, if I apply some nail polish it will help.

finally, somebody else who can see the value in doing preventive measures... :D

although... 30secs. to 1min. was all i needed to soak the hinge in oil. also, if it does get a little loose due to sanding down too much of the knurling, you could just put a dab of super glue in the area where the knurling part used to be... since the pin was fastened to the plastic via the knurling in the first place.

Saturday I got the replacement part for the broken shoulder from HLJ. They sent me a really big package where inside I have found this little jewel:

post-5180-1244503213_thumb.jpg

I got a brand new arm with attached shoulder (I have disassembled the arm in pieces before taking the picture just you know).

The custom shoulder project was unfortunately canceled :unsure:

Edited by cazzalora

In stead of going through all that procedure, wouldn't it be much easier to get the entire new arm and put that on?

I got a brand new arm with attached shoulder (I have disassembled the arm in pieces before taking the picture just you know). However before performing the surgery on the VF1 I am planning to try to build a custom homemade replacement part for the shoulder. This can sound stupid after finally getting the arm, but I am completelly unsatistacted about the quality of this piece. It's just a matter of time, the hinge will break sooner or later.

[

good thing i went through "all that procedure" on my 1J last Jan. when the first report of a 1J w/ a cracked hinge was posted...

now i won't have to worry about ordering replacement parts from Overdrive (which, BTW, is pretty difficult these days) and paying 8-10 bucks for a puny replacement part...

Edited by m0n5t3r

good thing i went thought "all that procedure" on my 1J last Jan. when the first report of a 1J w/ a cracked hinge was posted...

now i won't have to worry about ordering replacement parts from Overdrive (which, BTW, is pretty difficult these days) and paying 8-10 bucks for a puny replacement part...

well, to be fair, it's 8 bucks for the whole arm. I'm just going to do my metal fix if the my other valks suffer from osteoporosis. This thread is depressing though. :mellow:

I worry for my 1D's shoulders.

i'm worried too... it's the only one of my v.2 valks before the Max 1S that i haven't removed the knurling of the pin on. so far it's still okay.

i may be putting too much faith on that message from Yamato saying they told their factory workers to be gentle when inserting the pins... :blink:

well, to be fair, it's 8 bucks for the whole arm.

i read somewhere that OD increased the s/h they charge to get these replacement parts... anyway, the bonus arm assembly is okay, but who's actually going to use it? (except maybe, for using it for funny action poses like w/ that old VF-0S pic of yours ^_^) ... and i also read that the arm assembly doesn't come w/ the hand...

Hmm....my 1D's don't seem to have the knurled pins....or rather i can't see if its knurled but it is definately considerably smaller so i assumed the 1D should be fine.

not really... it like my 1J's pins... there's this extra metal on top of the knurling, kinda like the head of a screw, w/c hides the edges of the knurling when viewed from the top... it's still noticeable, at least to me, w/c side of the pin has the wider diameter...

Edited by m0n5t3r

If you guys are going to order replacement parts for the DYRL valks, ask for the Max 1S shoulder as it already has the fault cleaned.

For the Hikaru 1J, then ask for the Max 1A TV, as they're both bright white plastic. :)

Ok guys whats the final tally on the VFs that have this issue.

Which ones and which versoins

Cause Im thinking about gettin just one VF-1S and super/strike parts set.

And im trying to find the lesser of the evils so to speak.

Get the upcoming reissue of Roy.

Ok who do you guys suggest i buy from?

Or should i go with overdrive's VF-1S Hikaru?

Edited by DARKWIND

I have used HLJ with EMS. It's fast and the customer service outstanding. The VF1-A I believe it's still on sale. You can buy the super parts extra to save some money.

Use www.1999.co.jp/eng

They even give you a shipping estimate before you click buy/pay.

Just wait for the Focker re-issue to come out, as even with the 1S Hiki the shoulder's weren't properly solved.