The Shinjuku Incident

kensei

Has anyone seen this yet? I'll be going with a group of friends to see it, apparently none of the comical acts nor action from Chan, more drama. Wonder how he did in this movie portraying that sort of character? Chan said he had always wanted to do that type of movie, but I've never seen one along that line. Heard that it wasn't released in China due to the derogatory way it portrays Chinese migrants though.

Shinjuku Incident is only showing at one cinema in my city, much to my disappointment. Ip Man with Donnie Yen in it was the same, and that was an AWESOME film. Everyone I brought to it was psyched at the end of the movie, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait for Ip Man 2.

Watched it. Based on the pre-hype, I was hoping to see Jackie in a baddie role for the first time but it ended up with him still being a good-guy stuck in a crap situation.

Not a bad show. I enjoyed it. But am still hoping to see Jackie act as a real baddie. Sammo Hung pulled it off really well in SPL.

SPL was a good movie wasn't it? Very dark. I wish that there was another movie that went deeper into Yen's character, for me he seemed to just appear out of the blue, and not much more was explained in Flashpoint either.

Even though Jackie Chan is a bigger name, Shinjuku Incident is more a Derek Yee film. If you watch Yee's earlier films such as "One Night in Mong Kok" and "Protege", you will find the styles very similar.

I was originally a bit hesitant to see this film because, honestly, Jackie Chan has pretty much lost his appeal in Asia. However, in the end I gave it a try because of Yee's involvement. I was pleasantly surprised by how solid the script was. All in all, another great film by Yee.

So has Chan retired from martial arts stunts?

isn't Chan in his early fifties?

Not really retired. From what I read, he still wants to do another martial arts film together with Jet Li for the Asia audience, as "Forbidden Kingdom" was more targeted at the West. However, it's anyone's guess whether it will happen or not.

And yeah, he's in his mid-fifties, way past his prime, so don't expect anything groundbreaking from him. Like I said, he has lost his appeal in Asia, and ever since his extra-marital affair, his image has gone down the toilet. Perhaps that's why he did something different in Shinjuku Incident.

Has anyone seen this yet? I'll be going with a group of friends to see it, apparently none of the comical acts nor action from Chan, more drama. Wonder how he did in this movie portraying that sort of character?

Chan has done dramatic roles with little to no martial arts before. Check out Heart of Dragon. Pretty good flick and he`s a decent dramatic actor imo.

Chans parents live in my hometown btw, Canberra Australia. When I was growing up I saw him a couple of times around the city. White suit, pimp dude. Some of my friends got autographed photos at restaurants where he was eating. He sometimes does tourism commercials for the city too.

Not really retired. From what I read, he still wants to do another martial arts film together with Jet Li for the Asia audience, as "Forbidden Kingdom" was more targeted at the West. However, it's anyone's guess whether it will happen or not.

And yeah, he's in his mid-fifties, way past his prime, so don't expect anything groundbreaking from him. Like I said, he has lost his appeal in Asia, and ever since his extra-marital affair, his image has gone down the toilet. Perhaps that's why he did something different in Shinjuku Incident.

All celebrities have had extra-marital affairs... it's like a prerequisite :p .

Chan has done dramatic roles with little to no martial arts before. Check out Heart of Dragon. Pretty good flick and he`s a decent dramatic actor imo.

Chans parents live in my hometown btw, Canberra Australia. When I was growing up I saw him a couple of times around the city. White suit, pimp dude. Some of my friends got autographed photos at restaurants where he was eating. He sometimes does tourism commercials for the city too.

i saw jackie chan in a romantic comedy before, gorgeous. cable tv plays the dubbed version sometimes.

http://www.amazon.com/Jackie-Chans-Gorgeou...s/dp/0767854969