Step-by-Step Lego VF-25 Valkyrie

Darth Mingus

Is it just me or are a lot of pictures missing? I like the original SK version better. Wish he would release plans for his valks. I gave up on trying to recreate it long time ago. Lol.

This guy's version is more detailed and colored to match it's inspiration. SK's version is, for all practical purposes, a maquette, designed for testing the mechanics and basic aesthetics. While i'm sure SK could build a much better representation of his valks, LEGO is his tool more than his creative medium, which is fine by me. LEGO is quite simply an excellent constructive medium. While this isn't the cleanest transforming model I've seen, it captures the basic essence pretty well. LEGO, admittedly, is not the easiest medium in which to create transformable mecha...I have a laundry wish list of parts I wish LEGO would make to ease the burden. So, I'm generally impressed when anyone attempts it, and very, very impressed, if not envious as hell, when the final models are clean, feature a complex transformation, and become articulated robots.

There are some great models floating around the internet. Many can be found on Brickshelf, with a bit of searching. Some links: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=377751

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=340720

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=298826

Note: My avatar is a pic of a transformable LEGO VF-117 created by GLA-GLA, one of the finest and most enigmatic of LEGO builders. He is well known in LEGO circles for his mecha. He has built several Macross models. His variable Konig Monster was notably exceptional for its clean look and accuracy.

Edited by M'Kyuun

*Lame (because they're not Macross :lol:) Transformers*

Xman's VF-1|1/42|PT

Steve Vernava's VF-1S|1/18|PT

Bernard Wiseman's VF-1S|Scale Unknown|PT

John Draez's YF-19|Scale Unknown|PT

Sebastio Neto's VF-1S|Scale Unknown|PT

Sebastio Neto's VF-22|Scale Unknown|PT

In a crime against humanity, Gla Gla's VB-6 Koenig Monster has been deleted in some screwup by Mechahub.

Non-Variable:

Sebastio Neto's Ghost X-9|Scale Unknown

Zach Sweigart's VF-4|Scale Unknown

Stephen Chao's YF-19|Micro Scale

Stephen Chao's VF-171|Micro Scale

Stephen Chao's VF-1| Micro Scale

Stephen Chao's VF-25|Micro Scale

As a note, I only took aircraft, not Destroids. Had I, this would be a bigger list.

It stands as a testament to the awesome of Lego.

Thanks you guys for all these. I will need to save them.

Wow, I knew of most of these, but I just posted the few newer ones I'd seen on brickshelf. Macross has a nice little niche amongst LEGO fans. Pretty cool. I've got my own mini-fig scale VF-11 and YF-21 in the middle of builder's hell. I need to finish my VF-11. It'll be perfect variable, including the heat shield.

These are pics of GLA-GLA's perfect variable LEGO Konig Monster.

post-2783-1239762575_thumb.jpg

post-2783-1239762661_thumb.jpg

post-2783-1239763760_thumb.jpg

Edited by M'Kyuun

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I knew of most of these, but I just posted the few newer ones I'd seen on brickshelf. Macross has a nice little niche amongst LEGO fans. Pretty cool. I've got my own mini-fig scale VF-11 and YF-21 in the middle of builder's hell. I need to finish my VF-11. It'll be perfect variable, including the heat shield.

These are pics of GLA-GLA's perfect variable LEGO Konig Monster.

WOW! Impressive. If LEGO ever release Macross License products, at least they know who to look for to work for them. ^_^

WOW! Impressive. If LEGO ever release Macross License products, at least they know who to look for to work for them. ^_^

Too bad Lego company is a bunch of stingy, Danish... Damned filter...

They refuse to do anything "Militaristic"

It makes me wonder why the hell they did the Star Wars series...