Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Max type

Project Phoenix

finally!

i haven't picked up any of the newer 1/60's but seeing as this is a unique 1st time release of this toy, i might be compelled to pick it up. i remember reading that the new 1/60s have some shoulder issues, i'm hoping that'll be resolved by the time this one is released.

now people will have another good reason to pick up a miria quad rau as well! hehehe

i am glad this max doesnt come with fast packs... makes the thing a whole lot more attractive

funny that in my country, non of the 1/60 vf-1 ver2 valks sans fast packs can be found :(

finally!

i haven't picked up any of the newer 1/60's but seeing as this is a unique 1st time release of this toy, i might be compelled to pick it up. i remember reading that the new 1/60s have some shoulder issues, i'm hoping that'll be resolved by the time this one is released.

I'm with you on this.

The only 1/60 V.2 I would buy and are:

VF-1S Roy S/S

VF-1S Max S/S

VF-1D Trainer (hopefully with TV Super Pack)

And any other never before released VF variants.

Other than the VF-1D, the majority of these would remain in fighter mode. I just can't get into the GERWALK and BATTROID modes of these 1/60 V2s.

well, what do you know? I never noticed the canopy shield was black on Max's 1S, just check DYRL and it is black, I always thought it was blue due to the 1/48 custom and 1/72 hasegawas that I've seen, weird... Hikki's is clearly red, wonder what color Yamato will give

and found a mistake in DYRL... when Hikaru is on his 1S Skull 001 against Bodolza on a shot his wing reads 011

post-4448-1230001876_thumb.jpg

well, what do you know? I never noticed the canopy shield was black on Max's 1S, just check DYRL and it is black, I always thought it was blue due to the 1/48 custom and 1/72 hasegawas that I've seen, weird... Hikki's is clearly red, wonder what color Yamato will give

and found a mistake in DYRL... when Hikaru is on his 1S Skull 001 against Bodolza on a shot his wing reads 011

I know Hikaru's 1S was shown with a Red Shield. But since Roy's was black, and Max's is black. In my little world it stands to reason that the VF-1S has a black shield all the way around. Besides, it separates it from the colored shield of the 1A.

Never noticed the 011 on the wing though. Good catch :)

well...DYRL had some weird issues with canopy color, in the sequence of the image you posted of Max 1A it switches from red to blue, I think this was later fixed in the remasted release, and also Hikki 1S flips from red to black a few times.... could be a shadow I don't know, don't really care, just curious what will Max 1S shield will be colored hahaha

maybe Yamato will release it in blue, and a few months later will make a "correct" limited coupon only release with a a black canopy shield for hardcore collector to pay 500USD on intermediary sales

after quite some thought, i finally decided i wont be getting this max vf-1s.

(damn... thinking so much about it even though its still months before its release)

reason is that i only want roy to bear the skull markings (and strike canon) in my vf-1 collection...

this would give him the awesomeness and respect he deserves.

for hikaru and max, they already have very excellent representations of them in their respective 1J valks.

for hikaru certainly GBP armor,

and i just cant justify getting duplicate roy colour schemes with just a different blue/red/yellow lining...

with the money we are paying for these valks, it would make more sense to me to get valks in diff colors,

say like vf-1d orange, max vf-1j blue, miria vf-1j red, max 1a white/blue, kakizaki 1a white/green, CF 1a brown, perhaps stealth 1j, dark birds 1a *fingers crossed*

i already have roy's S&S vf-1s, and hikaru's super vf-1j

i'll certainly get the vf-1d. bring on the TV valks yamato!

*hopes canon fodder brownie wont be an exclusive too this time round*

hence, the vf-1s max will have no part in my collection :p

js my 2 cents