Firefox does not keep my password

I'm using Firefox. It saves the password, but I'm forced to log in every time I attempt to access the boards. Mind you, it could have something to do with my network connection - it changes the IP every time I access the fibre optic...

Nearly every time this comes up, a full clearing of your cache and cookies will resolve the issue.

When I do visit, I access MW from three different computers on two different networks and have never had any issues with remaining logged in across multiple sessions. I normally use Firefox 3.x.

In other words, it ain't the site and it ain't the server. ;)

Jeez, I sound like I work here! :p

Edited by Hurin

Yeah, but few people want to do a full clearing of everything---then you have to re-type your passwords for 20 other sites again... (I know MSIE likes to "hide" a lot of web temp files in other folders you can't see, and you can only ever delete them via a FULL clearing---from past experience I know MW usually has 2 cookies, and deleting just 1 won't fix the login problem--but my web cache is only bringing up 1, so I suspect the other is in a "hidden" folder, so I can't delete it, so I can't fix the problem--unless I feel like deleting everything then re-typing my login info for every site I go to--which is a lot)

Yeah, but few people want to do a full clearing of everything---then you have to re-type your passwords for 20 other sites again... (I know MSIE likes to "hide" a lot of web temp files in other folders you can't see, and you can only ever delete them via a FULL clearing---from past experience I know MW usually has 2 cookies, and deleting just 1 won't fix the login problem--but my web cache is only bringing up 1, so I suspect the other is in a "hidden" folder, so I can't delete it, so I can't fix the problem--unless I feel like deleting everything then re-typing my login info for every site I go to--which is a lot)

I've personally had some luck selectively clearing cookies and such when I've had similar concerns. But if the problem persists, the only real solution is indeed a full cache and cookie wipe. Sh*t happens.

Edited by Hurin

I cleared all tha private data on Firefox but the problem persists. I have to log in again to the forum but the username and password is automatically filled at least. This started to happen after the 3 days server maintenance a few days back. But I think at the same time, Firefox had an upgrade. I guess Firefox is the problem, have not tried with another web browser though.

Edited by takatoys

Did you check all the boxes in the "Clear Private Data" window? Cookies are probably the problem, and the cookies checkbox isn't selected by default.

H

I just checked all the boxes, and now it works. All is back to normal, thanks for the help.

Thought it was fixed, went into the forum later and have to log in again. Problem persists. :angry:

Edited by takatoys

I've had the same login session with IE, Firefox and Opera for about 4 days now on 3 different machines trying to determine the problem

2 of those machines had the old forums cookie, which I cleared. Its very hard to find the problem when it works for some and not others.

If you have problems, please keep posting so we can see any type of patterns

Thanks!

Shawn