New After Dragonball Z One shot

Dangard Ace

• 2 months later...

I know this thread was originally for the new DBZ ova, but I don't want to start a new thread on this news, so here's it:

In short: The DBZ tv series of 291 Episodes will be "compressed" to 100 Episodes. Ok, we all know it takes 3 Episodes for dbz to screw a light bulb, thankfully now it only takes 1 Episode to screw a light bulb. :ph34r:

Long Story(In Jap):

『ドラゴンボールZ』放送开始20周年记念!

最新デジタル技术を使いZ伝说がTVアニメで复活!!

2009年4月5日(日)朝9:00より

フジテレビ系列にて放送スタート!!

『ドラゴンボールZ』の第1话放送が1989年4月。あの名作が当时の物语をそのままに、

20年経った今年、最新のデジタル処理により色鲜やかによみがえる

1 再编集でアクション性アップ!!

HDリマスターでキレイになった映像と、これまでとは一味违う编集で大迫力のDBワールドに!! (something regarding the actions and pictures will look better)

2 OP曲・ED曲などが一新!!

OP曲とED曲が映像とともに全面リニューアル!

本编の音响効果も再収录、独自の世界観を构筑!! (new OP and ED, new sound effects as well)

3 豪华声优阵が大集结!!

孙悟空役の野沢雅子さんを中心に、当时の超豪华キャストが再び集まって新たに声を吹き込むぞ!! (something about the voice acting)

680 名前: 名无しさん名无しさん Mail: sage 投稿日: 2009/02/06(金)

リメイクといっても

昔のテレビシリーズのフィルムをデジタルリマスターしたものを

素材にに再编集、デジタルエフェクトなどを加えたもの。

音响はアフレコなどをやり直してすべて新しくなる。

作画を新作するのはオープニングとエンディングだけ。

291话あった旧シリーズを100话くらいに再构成するらしい。

Please pardon for my English

Interesting. I never though DBZ would get a remake. I guess getting rid of over a third of the series will make it less annoying to watch. The damn fights took way too long to progress.

Where does this new OVA fit in between DBZ and GT?

What puzzles me is that they mentioned better graphics and actions(from chinese translations), do they meant the graphics are better because they are Remastered and maybe broadcast in HD, or do they meant it's a remake of the series whether partial(some scenes only) or entire series. Yeah hopefully the pace will be much much better. Waiting for 5th of April to come.

The new ova happens 2 years after DBZ. Personally I felt that GT was too sh!tty, hope they will not make any sequel after GT timeline, and make more OVAs like this new one.

• 1 month later...

Couldn't stand GT.

New HD opening looks great. Music's kinda ...meh compared to Cha La Head Cha La. It's on Youtube.

Dammit I'm almost done collecting the Funimation orange boxsets, which unfortunatley is Japanese mono audio. I don't watch dubs. If they release this one with the superior audio I may be forced to rebuy the set. Grrr...........

What day do the subbed version get released? WTH? Only the opening is with the new graphics? I thought the whole thing was going to be like the new movie?

Fansubs were out the first day of release, I expect they're just using Funimations subs so they're quick.

No movie. Just an HD transfer, new voice track and some editing to take out dirty frames, cut down on filler and make it closer to the manga.

some editing to take out dirty frames, cut down on filler and make it closer to the manga.

It cut down from the original 291 Episodes into 100 Episodes, I won't call it some. :lol:

I was hoping for remake of at least some fighting scenes, but I don't think they did. <_<

Good thing is it should be cheaper when the Disc is released.

Edited by Repiv_Onex

It cut down from the original 291 Episodes into 100 Episodes, I won't call it some. :lol:

I was hoping for remake of at least some fighting scenes, but I don't think they did. <_<

Good thing is it should be cheaper when the Disc is released.

damn, i thought this would have new animation after seeing the opening <_< ... might tune into this when it gets to Freeza Saga and so on... its been a long time since i watched any DBZ... at least it won't take 5-10 eps for one effin' fight :wacko: .

Interesting. I never though DBZ would get a remake. I guess getting rid of over a third of the series will make it less annoying to watch. The damn fights took way too long to progress.

Where does this new OVA fit in between DBZ and GT?

LMAO for every episode that had ne progress or substance there were always 12 episodes of worthless dialogue and bragging... I think dbz could make a good 60 episodes without all the useless stalemate talking episodes that is so prevalent in the current dbz series.

Gosh darn it! Now if they could only trim down other popular anime with lots of filler because they were based on a manga and the anime was outpacing the manga artist (I'm talking about YOU Naruto.....don't, try to hide back there Bleach! I know you do it too!!) and the tv studios needed to do something with the alloted time slot... :rolleyes: