New macross saga based movie (Robotech Genesis)

... my sympathy for their plight is diminished considerably by the news that they seem to have brought it on themselves by planning to use the project as a platform to promote their own original work for potential commercial exploitation, attaching unreasonable conditions to their negotiation with Harmony Gold, and spending the years before belittling the official products and badmouthing Harmony Gold's employees. It's like they were doing everything in their power to attract unfavorable attention to their project except leaving a bag of burning dog crap on Tommy's doorstep.

Wow, oh wow, I didn't know about that. Talk about pissing in the well that you plan on drinking from, this is a textbook example of how not to run a fan project. UEG Productions got what was coming to them.

Setokaiba, it sounds to me like if you were told by someone from Harmony Gold about what to say. It's impossible you to say what you say unless you've been told to tell this from someone from Harmony Gold, because if there was a negociation , you only could bring here the version given by someone from Harmony Gold , sure UEGrs didnt tell you that. (A negociation after or before the cease and desist letter? in which terms, cancel the project or give me your fan work for free?)

Where did you get the basis for what you say? Do you have any proof of it? I've been following this project since I found about it and they always emphasized the non profit nature of the project. Now, you can create many conjectures about this, but the only fact here, unless instead of spreading rumours you show some online evidence for what you say, it's from now on any fan doing a Robotech fan work is in danger of getting sued by them. So no point in creating any fan work

Because Harmony Gold supporters and detractors have friends in Harmony Gold, a lot of fans know that . And if you are so casual about this Setokaiba, deny what I say and I'll shout you the name of the person of Harmony Gold where your version comes from. He's the one who said they were in "unfair negociations with Harmony Gold" right? How does he know that?

I know that the announcement on rtx.com was edited by MEMO. Maybe they were coached into saying that to avoid additional trouble.

I dunno... it might've been like that, but usually when MEMO edits something the best he can do is delete whatever the offending material was. Rewording a post to excise outrage or scorn is pretty much beyond him, at least as far as I've seen...

Wow, oh wow, I didn't know about that. Talk about pissing in the well that you plan on drinking from, this is a textbook example of how not to run a fan project. UEG Productions got what was coming to them.

's why I can't muster much in the way of sympathy for them... of course they might've had a black eye in Harmony Gold's book for longer than this. Booting a Robotech.com moderator (Maverick_LSC) off the project for being all talk isn't gonna endear them to The Powers That Be either... (I heard about that from JT/Zen72, who has it directly from UEG themselves).

Setokaiba, it sounds to me like if you were told by someone from Harmony Gold about what to say.

Me? A Harmony Gold stooge? What can I say to that except: ROFLMFAO! Whatever you're smokin', I hope you brought enough to share. I'm about as far from being in Harmony Gold's good books as it's humanly possible to get. So much so that the Robotech die-hards regard me as something very much akin to the Antichrist, and I was targeted for a ban on Robotech.com AND RobotechX for criticizing Harmony Gold's handling of the franchise, Shadow Chronicles, and the way the mods on both sites quash anything like intelligent discourse. There's even a whole thread devoted to hating on me for being an evil, Harmony Gold-criticizing, Carl Macek-scorning bastard on RobotechFactor.

It's impossible you to say what you say unless you've been told to tell this from someone from Harmony Gold, because if there was a negociation , you only could bring here the version given by someone from Harmony Gold , sure UEGrs didnt tell you that. (A negociation after or before the cease and desist letter? in which terms, cancel the project or give me your fan work for free?)

Try a little thing called RESEARCH some day... it might help you save face by not making absurd accusations. If you must know, UEG themselves announced they were trying to talk things out with Harmony Gold after they received a warning, but before the cease & desist was served. It was posted on RobotechX, and UEG's website as well. Are you above such mundane tasks as reading news posts?

Because Harmony Gold supporters and detractors have friends in Harmony Gold, a lot of fans know that . And if you are so casual about this Setokaiba, deny what I say and I'll shout you the name of the person of Harmony Gold where your version comes from. He's the one who said they were in "unfair negociations with Harmony Gold" right? How does he know that?

Let's think about this line of reasoning here... "Harmony Gold detractors have friends in Harmony Gold". Why would a company as hostile to criticism as Harmony Gold spill insider information to their detractors? Anyone here familiar with me and my "antics" can vouch for the fact that I'm no Harmony Gold supporter. Hell, I spent more than a year at the very top of their hit list before they finally managed to ban me on a trumped-up charge. If you're really that allfired desperate to know where the information comes from, it's partly from actually reading UEG's bloody news posts, and partly information given to JT (host of the Protoculture Times) by UEG and other sources I've been asked not to reveal lest they get in trouble (it's an anonymity thing).

Edited by Seto Kaiba

UEG OFFICIAL STATEMENT.

Any and All claims and accusations of Ueg using the NON COMERCIAL Genesis project, in order to advertise another commercial project , are blatantly untrue, and fictionalized. The UEG nor any member of the team did not make such statements in the past nor present. The group never had such plans.

Furthermore, the Cease and Desist order the group received was sent before the communication the group had with Harmony Gold. Following the events at hand we adopted a policy not to discuss that communication any further.

Please understand . Thank you.

UEG MANAGEMENT Feb 2010

First I get accused of collaborating covertly with Memo, now Seto's being pegged as an HG operative...what's next? VFTF1 is Doug Bendo in disguise?

Silly, isn't it? It's weird how when people jump to conspiracy theories and start pointing fingers, they start by pointing them at those least likely to be involved in whatever conspiracy they think is going on. Oh well... things are going to get REALLY interesting now that UEG has come out and denied the allegations of the other sources involved while claiming they're not going to talk about it or offer their version of why they received a cease and desist letter from Harmony Gold. If anything, that tells us something was going on that was rubbing Harmony Gold the wrong way. Despite their reputation for asinine behavior, even Harmony Gold wouldn't go so far as to start sending cease and desist notices without provocation. Even if the other sources are lying, they did SOMETHING to hack Harmony Gold off...

So what is Seto's source? Was it a UEG news post? I bet this is in the other thread... I'll go check there.

Gettin' multiple, contradictory accounts here... gonna go get confirmation on the details from the other side of this later tonight. <_<

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Gettin' multiple, contradictory accounts here... <_<

Then I suggest you retract or it's going to be just Liar rather than Lying Macross Purist.

Oh, and since this project is over, there's no more use for this thread.