A Macross toy I would like to see

sharky

Now you're just being silly. :p But, didn't someone make a full scale mock up of an X-wing IIRC.

Edit: Ah yes, here it is. http://www.aymnetwork.com/full-scale-lifes...wing-sale-e-bay

That still isn't 1/1. The X Wing is supposed to be 12.5m long (41 feet). The one in that auction is 28 feet long.

Also, X Wings don't land with the S Foils in attack position. :p

We all know the first BIG toy they should make is this: :lol:

i want it ^_^

*adds it to xmass shopping list*

i gave it a serious thought and... SDF-1 with ARMD's, full details ( DYRL )... 1/48 would be nice @_@ full transformation, good painting and stuff... and as a bonus some tiny valks. some1 mentioned this earlier and this is actually very good idea

i gave it a serious thought and... SDF-1 with ARMD's, full details ( DYRL )... 1/48 would be nice @_@ full transformation, good painting and stuff... and as a bonus some tiny valks. some1 mentioned this earlier and this is actually very good idea

A 1/48 scale SDF-1 would not have "tiny" valks. :p

Just tried to check how large a 1/48 SDF-1 would be. And then I just found that it's only 1210m in length!

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/sdfmacross/macross.htm

Is the information on this page correct?

If so, it's only 25m in length when 1/48'ed. Not impossible to build in a theme park! =D

Edited by ff95gj

Just tried to check how large a 1/48 SDF-1 would be. And then I just found that it's only 1210m in length!

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/sdfmacross/macross.htm

Is the information on this page correct?

If so, it's only 25m in length when 1/48'ed. Not impossible to build in a theme park! =D

Maybe a 1/200 scale would be cool and definitely build-able in somebody's home/basement. The reason I say 1/200 is because we have models and toys already in that scale, so you could populate it with various mechs.

compared to 1/1 ^_^ ... yes, they would've been tiny ;P

Edited by crescens

• 4 weeks later...
compared to 1/1 ^_^ ... yes, they would've been tiny ;P

That's what she said!

Screw all this talk of 1/18. It's not divisible by 4! Instead, 1/16! :p

You can't use 80s toys for comparison, as ALL of the ones I've seen (Including my father's massive Star Wars Collection from 1982. (Yes, BEFORE he was into Robotech :D))

I think when all things are considered:

It'd weigh at least 12 pounds. At 1/18 scale, the VF-1 would be about 2.7 or so feet long. If one wants any posability, (This includes transformation) it'd have to be somewhat solid, and have strong joints. If it transforms, it's a plaything. That's why the Yamato YF-19 is damn stable, in my experience. If it's non-transformable, and it wants to weigh less, it'd be hollow. Like the Falcon... Then again, the new UCS Lego Falcon is 33" long, has all of the features of the Falcon (Hyperdrive not included), and is in scale with the Lego Minifgures. Which, I guess, is the whole point of this discussion.

Falcon

And that's a Danish import!

Well I hope Bandai might do it-- they are releasing a 1/72 Varja afterall, so they might go on to release it in 1/60, and continue releasing some Zentraedi soldiers that were seen in Eps 13-14? Heh. its a low probability but one can dream.

Let's hope so, its a toy concept thats well over due!!