We need some sort of decal/sticker for the VF-25 instrument panel

David Hingtgen

Does anyone here know of something we could do to get some instrument panels printed up? I mean, there's no way to paint one like this--there aren't even any gauges molded on to drybrush or anything, it's just a bunch of green flat-panel displays in the anime. And bandai just gave us a featureless grey slab.

Here's the best pic I could find of a "normal" VF-25 instrument display:

post-16-1224217036_thumb.jpg

Does anyone here know of something we could do to get some instrument panels printed up? I mean, there's no way to paint one like this--there aren't even any gauges molded on to drybrush or anything, it's just a bunch of green flat-panel displays in the anime. And bandai just gave us a featureless grey slab.

Here's the best pic I could find of a "normal" VF-25 instrument display:

Dude you can so make your own with that picture. All you need to do is print it out on a white decal paper. Serious. Just scale it to your size.

White Decal paper works best when using Colors and its not an Irregular shape. Thats a square shape and you dont have to cut around.

Here is a custom Decal I made for Johns Destroid Defender. Granted its more complex and I had to cut around the Blue Reaper to make it right. But It worked.

Remember Yours is Square :D

post-1578-1224227091_thumb.jpg

Will a normal plain inkjet work? The only decal paper I can get around here is that Testor's decal-making kit. (though I may have a sheet of Microscale white trim film---can that be printed on?)

inkjets can be problematic. ink doesn't really obsorb into decal paper, rather it sits on the surface of it so it smudges really easily. you need to let it dry for several days. seal it (krylon Crystal Clear acrylic is supposed to be good), then let it sit for at lest a day or two.

it also works best to print at the highest resolution possible, with the printer set to printing on Gloss photo paper.

basicaly it's a pain in the ass to print with a normal inkjet, but it can be done, and the paper in the testors kit is I think only for injet.

I know micro mark makes decal film for laser printers, and that through a color laser printer works fairly well (no smudging and you don't need to seal, though decal paper tends to not feed well)

Edited by anime52k8

I got some inkjet stuff and also some laser printer paper both clear and white on eBay works great. Just remember to seal em after as the ink jet ones will run when wet. Seal under future or your usual sealer after and they work great.