My VF-25F "Alto Custom"

maximilian_jenius

Great job! Damn thats a nice kit. I got to get me one and build it when I get some more time. -=X

thnx, take your time to build it ^_^

looks good, how did you do the rivets?

for thin panel lines like the back face of the wing or to make the effect of dirty

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/tnt1...shes/tnt026.htm

for the other pane line, the same technique and gundam maker.

for the canopy blue light effect I use a technique of food artificial color with floor plastic wax. that make look the canopy like the 1/60 v.2 but with blue color instead the rebow effect.

p.s. you forgot to close the thighs back up in batroid mode.

I left that to show that the valk legs could extend more

and yo note that ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ hehehehe

Very fancy, great work! Planning on doing an Ozma version too or was 1 enough?

thanks

all 1/72 B)) B)) ... I hope XD

I cancel both 1/60, because the 1/72 looks more like the TV series.

My VF-25 model arrived today and im all set to build it but i have a question first...Im not new to model building at all...ive been building models from my favorite animes for years and i always use an airbrush to paint my models HOWEVER, i have never built a transformable model kit. Does paint factor into any transformation problems? Should i paint this or just stick with the plain bandai plastic.

thanks for any and all info.

My VF-25 model arrived today and im all set to build it but i have a question first...Im not new to model building at all...ive been building models from my favorite animes for years and i always use an airbrush to paint my models HOWEVER, i have never built a transformable model kit. Does paint factor into any transformation problems? Should i paint this or just stick with the plain bandai plastic.

most people have been sticking with the bear plastic, but using a clear coat to protect the decals+panel lines. on mine I plan on leaving the white parts unpainted, painting the feet+some mechanical parts, and a few other things. then doing decals/gloss clear/wash/satin clear

I had a bad experience painting some parts on my 1/100 Wing Zero---had to scrape a lot of it out of various joints etc in the wings. Simple elbow/knee joints are fine, but sliding/transformation parts---do not work with the extra thickness of paint.

Also, I think the ABS-on-ABS factor of newer kits is an even bigger factor. If anything, I think all the "internal" parts of a VF-25, if you must paint them, should simply get a VERY thin coating of metallic paint. Don't primer, don't apply a full coat--just mist it on enough to get "metallic grey". Let the base color of the plastic show through. Something like metalizer or alclad, which are super-thin and designed to let lower layers show through when applied lightly.

idem like anime52k8

the "problem" with the VF-25 is that he is transformable. could you paint with airbrush, but I recomed first "study" the manual and look some finished works (like mine, graham, etc)

there is some parts that you could work with putt, like the nose cone, but other is very difficult to try to apply putty.

I recomend that que white parts paint it with some mate white emanel spry (NOT USE GLOSS SPRY, YOU WILL KILL THE KIT). then you work in the interior parts with some "dry brush" technique

in the next kits I will improve my skills, I thing That alto's VF could be better :D

any way I'm verry happy with the finish

nice work Rodrigo!

Thanks My chilean fellow :D

I had a bad experience painting some parts on my 1/100 Wing Zero---had to scrape a lot of it out of various joints etc in the wings. Simple elbow/knee joints are fine, but sliding/transformation parts---do not work with the extra thickness of paint.

Also, I think the ABS-on-ABS factor of newer kits is an even bigger factor. If anything, I think all the "internal" parts of a VF-25, if you must paint them, should simply get a VERY thin coating of metallic paint. Don't primer, don't apply a full coat--just mist it on enough to get "metallic grey". Let the base color of the plastic show through. Something like metalizer or alclad, which are super-thin and designed to let lower layers show through when applied lightly.

like I said, only some of the part will be painted, I plan to do a heavy wash and light clear coat only on the inner parts, and I'll sand down any clear coat that ends up on parts that rub against other parts.

some parts need to be painted though, like the head laser, (and the feet IMO, the brown looks like ass)