The relationship between the Marduk,

Capt_Bob

I'll take a screen-cap of it later tonite when I get home. If somebody doesn't do it before me today.

Cool. At least you'll put up where Keith refuses to. :p

I'll take a screen-cap of it later tonite when I get home.  If somebody doesn't do it before me today.

Cool. At least you'll put up where Keith refuses to. :p

ok. sorry for the delay. ^_^

First of all, we need to establish that MII follows DYRL and not TV-series, so the Supervision Army angle can be completely thrown out altogether since there was never a mention of SA in DYRL.

There was never any mention nor hint of zentran-"Creation" by the Marduk in MII, nor was there any mention of Zentran attack on the Marduk. There was also no direct mention of the Marduk capture of Zentrans. However, it was strongly hinted (imho) within Ishtar's monologue that the Marduk somehow possessed Zentraedi warriors, even tho the Marduk was already a warrior-race as established by Ishtar.

Here are the M-II sorted screen-caps links I did:

Marduk's a warrior race.

Ishtar's not a Meltran

Controling the Zentrans

Usage of Zentran by the Marduk

Enhancing the Zentrans instincts

Zentrans impelled to fight for the Marduk

As per the dialogue-sequence of the pics above, it can be strongly inferred that some rogue Zentraedi-faction were captured by the Marduks somehow.

So, is the Marduk the Protoculture then?

Nope. The Protoculture race were all basically extinct way before the events of DYRL.

The Marduk was just basically an altogether different warrior-class race who just happen to possess and use Zentran warriors as cannon-fodder, and who prolly uses Meltrans as emulators. Quite a clever take on DYRL stuff, actually.

Afaic, MII as a parallel-story independent-sequel to DYRL. Just watch it and enjoy it as such.

Thanks for the screencaps, treatment.

There was never any mention nor hint of zentran-"Creation" by the Marduk in MII, nor was there any  mention of Zentran attack on the Marduk.  There was also no direct mention of the Marduk capture of Zentrans. However, it was strongly hinted (imho) within Ishtar's monologue that the Marduk somehow possessed Zentraedi warriors, even tho the Marduk was already a warrior-race as established by Ishtar

My interpretation is pretty much that the Marduk use the Zentrans as slaves, just like yours. But I don't really feel that the dialog precludes any sort of relation to Protoculture. After all, wouldn't a race of microns descended from Protoculture (or the Supervision Army for that matter) need some form of control for their Zentran minions as well?

I think it just further illustrates Macross II's inherent crappiness, where crap like this is thrown out there with no real explanation.

Dude, watch the freakin' thing & pay attention. And watch it subtitled too, I'm tired of this crap where you guys can't pay attention to simple plot elements, and challenge me at the same time!

Why don't you get off your high horse and learn to discuss things like a rational person like the rest of us? Nobody else in this thread is angry at each other, so why are you getting so worked up?

I think it just further illustrates Macross II's inherent crappiness, where crap like this is thrown out there with no real explanation.

That doesn't make it crap, though (at least not by itself). This is a problem inherent from SDF: Macross, and MII didn't propose to be answering that question. It's a sequel to DYRL, not SDF Macross and DYRL is the gigantic mother of all things thrown out without explanation unless you have SDF: Macross as a reference (or has explanations that leave you going :unsure: when they outright contradict SDF Macross for no apparent reason - the origins of the ASS, for example, which isn't relevent at all to the progress of DYRL),

Dude, watch the freakin' thing & pay attention. And watch it subtitled too, I'm tired of this crap where you guys can't pay attention to simple plot elements, and challenge me at the same time!

Why don't you get off your high horse and learn to discuss things like a rational person like the rest of us? Nobody else in this thread is angry at each other, so why are you getting so worked up?

Seriously. Its one thing to disagree, we all do on different things but you need to check yourself and how you respond to people. You do this far to often.

Seriously. Its one thing to disagree, we all do on different things but you need to check yourself and how you respond to people. You do this far to often.

Do what, ask that you actually watch a bit of the subject you're discussiong? Hardly!