I was right thread

RedWolf

I was actually sorta impressed how many things people were speculating on turned out to be true in the final episode.

That said, the Frontier speculation got to the point where you were throwing the kitchen sink at the wall and seeing if it stuck, so I'm not all that impressed by the correct guesses. :) On the whole, I think this thread is kinda silly if you also don't include the 95% of things you got wrong with the 5% of things you actually got right.

Oh yeah?

I was right about the connection between Frontier and Zero long before the teaser for Frontier even came out! With the way Zero ended, I was thinking Frontier was going to have something to do with the events in Zero. ^_^

Edited by Oihan

I was right about the connection between Frontier and Zero

Geez. I was coming to post that. Ever since the first teaser of Macross Frontier (with the blonde Cathy :lol: ), I thought there was to be some connexion between the Vajra and the Bird Humain in some way because there seemed to be some similarities. I was right.

Other than Dr. Mao and the ear rings...i failed to see the connections though.

You must have missed the part where they explained than the Bird Human was essentially the Protoculture mimicking the Vajra. It might seem an off hand comment... but that sounds quite important to me, and it certainly have some implications regarding the importance of the Vajra in the Macross universe as a whole.

-Sergorn

Geez. I was coming to post that. Ever since the first teaser of Macross Frontier (with the blonde Cathy :lol: ), I thought there was to be some connexion between the Vajra and the Bird Humain in some way because there seemed to be some similarities. I was right.

You must have missed the part where they explained than the Bird Human was essentially the Protoculture mimicking the Vajra. It might seem an off hand comment... but that sounds quite important to me, and it certainly have some implications regarding the importance of the Vajra in the Macross universe as a whole.

-Sergorn

They never said that the bird human was protoculture. All we see are flashbacks of the AFOS but i can see why you're drawing this conclusion.

They never said that the bird human was protoculture. All we see are flashbacks of the AFOS but i can see why you're drawing this conclusion.

Well they never said that Sheryl was Mao's grand-daughter either... It's safe to assume she is though. Not eveything need to be "spit out" to be true.

When Grace says that the Protoculture tried to mimic the Vajra.. and the series shows us the AFOS, whos appareance so happens to be somewhat reminiscent of the Vajra Queen... well usually 2+2 = 4

As for the Bird Human being from the Prototuculture... heh ? I'm not sure what you mean here - I thought that was pretty much a fact since Zero, and they also used image of the Bird Human when mentionning the Protocultre in one of the earleir episodes intros.

-Sergorn

In Zero they did say the Protoculture used the Bird Human to modify the humans way back. If we take the similar markings, what was said about the Protoculture imitating the Vajra then it seems to heavily imply the Bird Human was the Protoculture imitation.

One possiblity could be that the Vajra were encountered during the 500.000 years after the Protodeviln were sealed. The PC would have been in shambles by then (less than 15% of their original number being left?), with the rest dissappearing in time as the SA and Zentradi continue to wage war. Believe that in Zero the AFOS is determined to be aproximately 10.000 years old, indicating that a very small number of PC could still have been around by then.

Totally agree with that...

Maybe the Vajra Planet was some sort of Vajra farm the Protoculture prepared as a sanctuary and/or reserve for the Vajra... The planetary belt looks clearly Protoculturish to me... B))

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Actually, yeah, they did. Episode 24, around 16:12

Huh no they don't. They just said Mao had a grand-daughter. It's heavily|/b] implied it's Sheryl of course, but it's never stated *explicitily*... which is my point really, it doesn't *need* to be stated explicitily for something to be true (even if there are a lot of people on the internet who can't seem to accept anything as fact if they're not beating on the head with it :ph34r: )

-Sergorn

Huh no they don't. They just said Mao had a grand-daughter. It's heavily|/b] implied it's Sheryl of course, but it's never stated *explicitily*... which is my point really, it doesn't *need* to be stated explicitily for something to be true (even if there are a lot of people on the internet who can't seem to accept anything as fact if they're not beating on the head with it :ph34r: )

-Sergorn

Same hair color, same earrings, same name, seems pretty obvious to me. :p

Now you are saved, but it will come a time when not even screenshots will be enough :p

FV

I look forward to that day, when the earth will shriek and groan, blood will rain from the sky, and the great all-powerful Saiyan will STILL get his ass handed to him by a little ball of fluff with huge eyes! :lol:

It's more than just implied that Sheryl is Mao's granddaughter...they DO come out and show this, after all:

MaoSheryl.jpg

D'oh ! I guess that's what happens when watching it in SD with tired eyes in the middle in the night :ph34r:

I didn't even notice there was somethign written on the picture :lol:

-Sergorn

Well they never said that Sheryl was Mao's grand-daughter either... It's safe to assume she is though. Not eveything need to be "spit out" to be true.

Its quite clear Sheryl is Mao's grandaughter....no one can deny it. Its on screen for chrissakes.

And not everything needs to be spit out to be true? Where were you during WTF-1? :lol:

Its quite clear Sheryl is Mao's grandaughter....no one can deny it. Its on screen for chrissakes.

And not everything needs to be spit out to be true? Where were you during WTF-1? :lol:

Ah, it may have been written out on screen, but how do we know that Baby Sheryl is really Sheryl? I refuse to believe that Sheryl Nome is Mao Nome's granddaughter without an entire episode devoted to the subject, flashing back to Sheryl's entire family history, from the day her parents conceive her, to the day she's picked up by Grace on Galaxy.

You know, it's an entirely legitimate point. There's enough wiggle room to still say Sheryl isn't Mao's granddaughter. But it's so ludicrous, you instinctively want to apply Occam's Razor and reject that position as making no sense.

At some point, people just need to accept that a cigar is just a cigar, and stop treating everything with disbelief. It's a story, not a documentary. Everything you see and hear was put in there for a reason.

Edited by DeeBot

I was right:

- in Ep 1, red Vajra was trying to capture Ranka not kill her

- purple stone fold quartz are special, those various accessories with purple stones

- Emotion is the important factor

- Luca was captured instead of being killed because Vajra collects fold quartz

- WTF-1 is not SDF-1 :p

- male agent is Grace in disguise

- Final ep fight between Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy!

- Alto doesn't chose to resolve the triangle :p

I was wrong:

- Vajra are Protoculture's guards :p

- at end of ep 18, "human faces" in that gray colored brain-like thing might be Ranshe and others (btw they never show this again?!! what the hell is this anyway?!...)

- etc etc... can't remember right now :p