If you could only buy one....

Max Jenius

I've landed what will probably be my job for the next 3 years at least (hopefully). Being older and wiser, I know that it really isn't important to me to own every single Yamato release out there.

So, as a reward to myself for landing this job I'm looking for a 1/60 YF-19 type toy. I really don't care what it is, I just can't really decide which to pick because there are pros and cons to each. Should I wait for the VF-11b? Eh... I probably won't.

Some ideas I've tossed around;

Millia 1/48 FAST-Pack set. Red is my favorite color and I love the scheme, but I've already got a 1/48 Hikaru.

Focker Special 1/48. Been too poor to get one for years... is it worth it at this point since they aren't re-releasing?

YF-19 1/60... I hear it's badass from a NON MACROSS FAN I RECOMMENDED IT TO (he wanted a neat transforming toy to buy).

YF-21... intriguing?

VF-0? Also interesting...

Really, what's the toy that Yamato has released recently that people have been very satisfied with? The updated 1/60s may be the hot topic but I mean... I want something a bit bigger than that since I have pretty much all the old 1/60 ones. I want to spice poo up a bit eh? What do you guys recommend?

I would recommend the YF-19 or YF-21, as they are not VF-1s, they both look fantastic, and they're large. I personally find the YF-19 easier to transform than the YF-21, but the YF-21 has a much more solid fighter mode that looks more anime accurate than the YF-19. The YF-21 really screams "badass" and pulls my attention before I look at my YF-19.

If I had to choose to only have the 19 or 21, I honestly don't know which would I would choose. They both are awesome to the max!

Get the Yf-19. It's easier to transform and looks great even if it's not as anime accurate in fighter mode as the YF-21.

However, the 21 is more solid in fighter mode than the YF-19. I would say get the new 1/60 VF-1S, but you already said that you didn't want one. I have two and they're awesome and tight as Hell in all 3 modes. Best money I've ever spent.

-Kyp

If you like fighter mode, the YF-21 fighter mode has a more anime accurate fighter mode than the YF-19. If you like battroid mode, I prefer the YF-19 battroid mode. It's not anime accurate, because it's sleeker, but I think it makes it look more badass. The YF-21 battroid mode is pretty cool, and the thing it has over the 19 is that it has a more solid battroid mode.

19 or 21, they're both good. :)

I'm on the fence for the 1/60 VF-1 v2 until the VF-1A DYRL Max comes out. I'm also waiting to see how the shoulder-hinge situation turns out.

If you like fighter mode, the YF-21 fighter mode has a more anime accurate fighter mode than the YF-19. If you like battroid mode, I prefer the YF-19 battroid mode. It's not anime accurate, because it's sleeker, but I think it makes it look more badass. The YF-21 battroid mode is pretty cool, and the thing it has over the 19 is that it has a more solid battroid mode.

19 or 21, they're both good. :)

I'm on the fence for the 1/60 VF-1 v2 until the VF-1A DYRL Max comes out. I'm also waiting to see how the shoulder-hinge situation turns out.

Looking at your avatar, it's sad to what happened to Michel :(

I agree, both the 19 and 21 are champions in my book :)

If I could only buy only one I would buy the 21. The fighter mode is just gorgeous and anime accurate. After that if I could afford to buy another, I would go for the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru for it's icon status (It's the first Yamato Macross toy I ever bought and I still don't regret it). The 1/60 version is on preorder at a lot of anime toy websites right now. It's smaller, relatively cheaper, and even more proportionally accurate than the 1/48 version.