what the hell are these!

mustang1

What

The

FOOK?!?!?!?

:blink:

Is this for REAL? "That's right, Genpets are not toys or robots. They are living, breathing genetic animals."

Creepy ain't the word for this sh*t...

"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

--Dr. Ian Malcom, Jurrasic Park

Edited by reddsun1

They can do-create anything these days it seems, yesterday i saw on the news some german guy had a farming accident and lost both his arms, and he had the first full arm transplant done ever, the donor was a recently deceased 18 year old boy, although the farmer won't be able to use the hands for another 2 years or something like that... but... f'n wow.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The joke would be more funny and interesting if there was some variation on the GenPets they show, like one with it's eyes open or one out of the package looking alive. As it is, the site is well crafted but teh product is too obviously phony looking to be very funny.

Bonsai Kitty was better. :p

They can do-create anything these days it seems, yesterday i saw on the news some german guy had a farming accident and lost both his arms, and he had the first full arm transplant done ever, the donor was a recently deceased 18 year old boy, although the farmer won't be able to use the hands for another 2 years or something like that... but... f'n wow.

Actually, not the first. IIRC, some teenager in the mid-west suffered a similar accident--got his arms torn off by a hay bailer or something like that. I remember the news clip saying something to the effect of how the poor kid had to stagger back to the house, open the door with his mouth, dial 911 with his nose...

The joke would be more funny and interesting if there was some variation on the GenPets they show, like one with it's eyes open or one out of the package looking alive. As it is, the site is well crafted but teh product is too obviously phony looking to be very funny.

Bonsai Kitty was better. :p

youtube it, already there for all to see. Even CREEPIER. Don't know what's worse though--the genpets vids, or the "deformed babies" videos that seem to be linked to them... Jeezus, you can only watch so much of that stuff before it starts to really bake your noodle... :wacko:

--ed: mea culpa on the first part; that wasn't a transplant case--that kid actually had his own arms reattached...

Edited by reddsun1

Actually, not the first. IIRC, some teenager in the mid-west suffered a similar accident--got his arms torn off by a hay bailer or something like that. I remember the news clip saying something to the effect of how the poor kid had to stagger back to the house, open the door with his mouth, dial 911 with his nose...

youtube it, already there for all to see. Even CREEPIER. Don't know what's worse though--the genpets vids, or the "deformed babies" videos that seem to be linked to them... Jeezus, you can only watch so much of that stuff before it starts to really bake your noodle... :wacko:

--ed: mea culpa on the first part; that wasn't a transplant case--that kid actually had his own arms reattached...

yes but this farmer has had been without arms for a while (don't know exactly how long), and the transplant involved someone elses arms.

:edit: sorry i re-read your edit. :lol:

They say he had to have therapy beforehand to get used to the fact he had somone else's hands... lol what a mind trip.

Imgaine whacking off, you'd be like,.... riiiight. :lol: Maybe that;'s what the say when you sit on your hands long enough you can't feel them and then you can... u know.

hahahahahahahha this thread .... rofl.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think I'm too jaded by years of phony internet hooey to enjoy this stuff anymore. :mellow:

But I enjoy providing a needle for your balloon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genpets

:p

Edited by eriku

All this talk about the validity of these things and the potential ethical ramifications, and we still have asked the most important question of all.......What do they TASTE LIKE?!

I knew it wasn`t real, if you love pets check this one :

I've seen this pic before, she/he is awesome! :D

All this talk about the validity of these things and the potential ethical ramifications, and we still have asked the most important question of all.......What do they TASTE LIKE?!

I DON'T want to know. :lol:

Like feet wrapped in burnt bacon.

I'll be the first to say I don't mind being duped on this one. The prospect of these, things being real is a bit bothersome--as the Captain said "on a couple o' different levels..."

My initial reaction was: that's an awful lot of trouble to go to just for a hoax. But then again, people probably said the same sort of thing--and a lot worse--way back in '38, when some kook by the name of Wells went to all that expense and effort, just to put on a radio show about "men from mars" and such. <_<