Best Hero pilot of all the macross series?

best pilot of them all  

30 members have voted

1. 1. If all of the following pilots from the macross series got in a dogfight who would be the victor?

• Hikaru Ichijo
    • Isamu Dyson
    • Gamlin Kizaki
    • Alto Saotome

I think the whole contest is unfair in limiting each pilot to the fighter that they used in their respective series. Hikaru would be at a serious disadvantage in an old, outdated VF-1. They should all be given the same fighter to actually make it fair.

Actually Max said that Basara was not as good as him when he was younger.

Nah, he said Basara was a marvellous pilot and that he was insanely jealous of not being able to pilot a Valkyrie witha guitar. :lol:

Millia was like in school teacher mode when she told Basara how to gerwalk.

Chlore owned Basara on their first date. Basara won her over in the second date.

Again, try to pilot a Valkyrie with a Takamine or equivalent and then tell me who's the best out there B))

Lack of Basara = Lack of Ranka?

Basara is the Japanese word for Vajra.

Eh?

I believe Basara is the name of the main character in Macross 7.

Also, if I'm not mistaken. the japanese word for Vajra is バジュラ (Bajura)... or 金剛杵 (Kongousho) if you're reffering to those symbol thingies they got the name from.

I voted Hikaru. In the TV series you see him start off as a civilian stunt pilot that's able to pull off some fancy maneuvers. When he joins the military you see that he's kind of a screw up and is prone to disobey (usually to do something heroic) orders. After Roy dies Hikaru becomes more professional and shows some great leadership. He's also been decorated ( (Titanium Medal of valor) and promoted several times in a relatively short amount of time.

In DYRL He seems to be a better combat pilot (not as good as Max, but still good) and is very heroic. Plus he kicks ass in his Strike VF-1S.

Hikaru has skill, but he's been caught off guard way too many times and been downed or screwed up his valkyrie. Wound up in the hospital from being shot down how many times? (seriously I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up).

Hikaru was hospitalized because Misa screwed up. She wasn't paying attention and executed a Daedalus attack while Hikaru was in it's direct line of fire.

Hikaru savd Misa and Minmay numerous times. Without either of those 2 ladies where would the Macross and the fate of humankind be?

I totally agree.