Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

Damn that's it??? The sellers overseas are charging about the same if not a little more with shipping. Looks like I will be dealing with Los on these. Plus he's only 4 hours away and I can get pretty quick.

Hell yeah brother. I could not help myself...even given my current situation....I put it a pre-order for the VF-1J Hikky and am thinking about ordering the VF-1A Hikky as well.

:wacko: <-----CRAZY ME!!!

OO

:ph34r:

OO

I was just thinking about this....LOS is gonna LOVE me if I keep plugging his store.

Don't forget me LOS if you wanna give me a free v.2 1/60 :rolleyes:

Hell yeah brother. I could not help myself...even given my current situation....I put it a pre-order for the VF-1J Hikky and am thinking about ordering the VF-1A Hikky as well.

:wacko: <-----CRAZY ME!!!

OO

OO

Thanks Ry, I have been waiting for someone who I have ordered from before to have it up for pre-order

but i did not realize that Carlos had it up yet so thank you. I just preordered it from Lost and Found Toys. I suppose that

you could take credit for this purchase too but I probably would have ordered with him anyway as long as HLJ did not get the early bird up before his preorder which they didnt.

Thanks Ry, I have been waiting for someone who I have ordered from before to have it up for pre-order

but i did not realize that Carlos had it up yet so thank you. I just preordered it from Lost and Found Toys. I suppose that

you could take credit for this purchase too but I probably would have ordered with him anyway as long as HLJ did not get the early bird up before his preorder which they didnt.

I gotta tell ya....I have ordered from him alot and it is always perfecto!

Generally no complaints about the toy except:

1.) the shoulders which has limited poseability in gerwalk due to the new design and how it hits on the wings

2.) the gunpod is too small. A side by side comparison with the 1/48 confirms that it is too small for a 1/60 gunpod. This problem irks me most. There is also loss of panel line detail to the gunpod. 1/48's gunpod is superior to the 1/60's.

The 1/60 Gun pod with the new 1/60s is dead on in size to the original 1/60s. I think your method of comparing the 1/60 gun pod to the 1/48s is skewing your image of what the proper size should be. Perhaps you just prefer it to be too big (and there's nothing wrong with that preference). As to the lack of detail in the gun, the whole thing is slightly less detailed than the 1/48, it's the kind of thing that happens when scales shrink.

The 1/60 Gun pod with the new 1/60s is dead on in size to the original 1/60s. I think your method of comparing the 1/60 gun pod to the 1/48s is skewing your image of what the proper size should be. Perhaps you just prefer it to be too big (and there's nothing wrong with that preference). As to the lack of detail in the gun, the whole thing is slightly less detailed than the 1/48, it's the kind of thing that happens when scales shrink.

True. Actually the original 1/60 is smaller than the current one after i took it out to do comparisons. But i was trying to see why did it looks so wrong on the new 1/60 and I conclude its the proportions. The original 1/60 had strange proportions in battroid mode (small head etc) so that when its holding the gunpod it doesn't look small compared to the overall battroid. The new 1/60 with improved proportions has a bigger head, and bigger arms despite being almost the same height as the old one thus making the original 1/60 size gunpod to look small. They probably should've re-adjusted the 1/60 gunpod to be slightly fatter in diameter and slightly longer. That will hit the sweet spot just as the 1/48s.

Or maybe i'm just too used to the proportions of the 1/48 Gunpod vs the 1/48. ^_^

I had a dream about owning a 1/60 v.2 VF-1S Roy the other night......................

Hurry up 1S Hikky!

look into my signature (that I noticed just now was taken out), you are getting veery seeeply....at the count of three, you will order the 1/60 Roy with FP's...1...2...3! ah ah ah ah (ala-Count Dracula laugh :) )

Edited by pochimus prime

I.i.i..m getting the shakes! NEED.... STRIKE....FIX!

I would like to help you out and tell you that it's okay and that you can wait you will be fine.....but if I did tell you that.....I would be LYING!!! YOU NEED IT YOU NEED IT!!! IT'S SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:D = ME = A$$

_DSC7370.jpg

Hi, I'm Roy Focker, and I'm calling out to ruskiiVFaussie to buy me!

_DSC7365.jpg

See how great-looking I am in fighter mod?

_DSC7037.jpg

I have great poseability

_DSC7350.jpg

I'm sweet in action poses

_DSC7381.jpg

Could you really resist not getting me?

_DSC7352.jpg

ruskiiVFaussie, resistance is futile....

2050050.gif <-- look into my eyes...you are getting verryy sleeepyy...

Edited by pochimus prime

Ok gang.

I GOT IT!!!!

I put it together last night and I must say that I am incredibly impressed with this plane. The toy fits so well together, and looks a lot more true to the line art. The lack of a sense of weight is a bit disconcerting after having so many of the older, heavier valks.

I haven't transformed it yet. I am not sure if I will. I took a peek at the shoulder joints and didn't see any cracking, but I don't want to test that theory yet. I am definitely buying more of these. I think I may get the Hikaru 1-J when it comes out. Woe is me when the Max and Millia planes are made.

I put the strike gear on. God, this plane looks amazing. I need a display stand now.

Ok gang.

I GOT IT!!!!

I put it together last night and I must say that I am incredibly impressed with this plane. The toy fits so well together, and looks a lot more true to the line art. The lack of a sense of weight is a bit disconcerting after having so many of the older, heavier valks.

I haven't transformed it yet. I am not sure if I will. I took a peek at the shoulder joints and didn't see any cracking, but I don't want to test that theory yet. I am definitely buying more of these. I think I may get the Hikaru 1-J when it comes out. Woe is me when the Max and Millia planes are made.

I put the strike gear on. God, this plane looks amazing. I need a display stand now.

Glad to see you finally got yours! :) It's a very solid bird, and I foresee this new VF-1 line selling VERY, VERY well.

-Kyp

:lol::lol::lol: Join us to the dark side of the force :lol::lol::lol:

Yeeeessssssss.......Join usssssssss!!! :lol::lol::lol: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ruskiiii......I AM your father....

Ok gang.

BAD A$$ aint it!!! I know that you cannot resist the others. Just like the rest of us...Yamato has sucked us in like a blackhole. You must TF it at least once though to get the full experiance of how f*in sweet this fig is.

Soooo.....has anyone else gotten the transformation totally right yet? I know that it took me a few to figure it out. What I am talking about is where the swing bar goes into the nose cone. The little flap that covers the swing bar....it took me a bit to get it to sit flush and not be popped out but I did it. I looked VERY closely at the instructions for I cannot read Japanese. I will finally be able to take some more pics tonight.

Soooo.....has anyone else gotten the transformation totally right yet? I know that it took me a few to figure it out. What I am talking about is where the swing bar goes into the nose cone. The little flap that covers the swing bar....it took me a bit to get it to sit flush and not be popped out but I did it. I looked VERY closely at the instructions for I cannot read Japanese. I will finally be able to take some more pics tonight.

Seriously? I spent a long time with that flap trying to get it flush and after looking at the pics in Graham's review

and seeing that the flap was sticking out I decided that's just how it was supposed to be.

Seriously? I spent a long time with that flap trying to get it flush and after looking at the pics in Graham's review

and seeing that the flap was sticking out I decided that's just how it was supposed to be.

Totally serious holmes.....if you look at the instructions...it shows that it can sit flush. It's a bit of a pain but once it happens your like "ohhhhh COOL!!!" I will take some pics tonight and maybe even a video. Can y'all wait that long?

Edited by misterryno

I'm sort of debating to get a 1/60 Yamato (VF-1S w/FP first, can't be any other B)) ). If those who have one, how does it hold up against the 1/72 Hasegawa kits in terms of details and looks? I know I shouldnt compare model kits with toys but at their price range they are more then just toys.

I'm sort of debating to get a 1/60 Yamato (VF-1S w/FP first, can't be any other B)) ). If those who have one, how does it hold up against the 1/72 Hasegawa kits in terms of details and looks? I know I shouldnt compare model kits with toys but at their price range they are more then just toys.

Even though I would like to say yes...I really don't know about it holding it's own in detail. The detail on the v.2 1/60 as in panel lines and what not kind of lacks but it still looks freakin awesome!

Ok gang.

I GOT IT!!!!

woohooo!! just got mine today too, gonna go pick it up at the post office later...glad you got yours safe and sound after much wait

Prepare yourself to be blown away, that's all I can say, lol.

-Kyp

OMFG!! you got that right...

at first I was a bit surprised of out small and light it is, but damn this vf is freaking sweet, I'm absolutely in love with this new thing, I have it aside my old VF-1 V.1 and wow, the improvement is amazing, and it's tight tight tight... Yamato QC, I owe you a beer for this...

my heart skipped a beat when the head popped off when I was transforming it to battroid, but then I noticed on the instructions that the head can come off to dissamble the canopy, hehehe.... bubble canopy isn't that noticeable for me, this thing is awesome.... I'm very happy! wee ^_^ ^_^

Love your Super Saiyan Gokou Avatar ^_^

Is it a coincidence that your name is Alain? :) (Alain Bernard = swimmer who lost out in the final leg to the US)

More on topic, I will be getting my 1/60 VF-1S today. And I have not bought toys for well over 2 years ...

More on topic, I will be getting my 1/60 VF-1S today. And I have not bought toys for well over 2 years ...

Well mate...you WILL enjoy it!

Another thread has been started if you need some pointers on transformation for that bad boy.