Gabriel Macht as The Spirit

Samuel L. Jackson as The Octopus

Scarlett Johansson as Silken Floss

Eva Mendes as Sand Saref

Jaime King as Lorelei Rox

Paz Vega as Plaster of Paris

Stana Katic as Morgenstern

Sarah Paulson as Ellen Dolan

I'm not familiar with the title character, but I'm looking forward to Frank Millers directorial debut. Looks like it has more hotties than Sin City did, a virtual Ho-asis if you will B)) except no Jessica Alba

New Trailer

Looks like Sam-U-Rai L. Jackson in this new one :lol:

Spirit is a classic comic, but I gotta say the trailer makes me think it might be taking itself a bit too seriously. Miller can wax awfully sturm und drang, while Eisner always had a fair bit of wit and humour in the comic. My feelings are mixed about this adaptation.

cmon guys, i'm sure it'll be better than The Rocketeer, or The Shadow with Alec Baldwin or Billy Zane's The Phantom

at least I hope :lol:

Hey! The Rocketeer is actually a fun movie, it doesn't deserve to be clumped with those other two duds.

Saw the trailer, doesn't look like a bad movie at all. On the other hand, it doesn't look very much like what little I've ever seen of The Spirit. Definitely far more Frank Miller than Will Eisner. That would seem like a legitimate complaint to me. Considering how much I liked Sin City, and how there's not really many, if any, movies quite like it, stylistically, I don't really think the market is quite over-saturated with that style.

Also, I agree with GobotFool, The Rocketeer was at least fun.

• 4 months later...

I seem to remember that Frank Miller's original Spirit movie plot had the Spirit's will power alone increased by one of the Octopus' experiments and that explained his seeming invulnerability and his success with the ladies (no healing power/pheremone powers).

I'm sure I also read a pretty cheezy tagline along the lines of "You can't break the Spirit"

Anyone know where this info appeared?