Order from Toy-Wave

sharpnel

I'm planning to get Yamato SV-51r Nora from Toy-Wave. Have anyone from the US order from them? Their price is pretty good. They can't seem to confirm if I have to pay import tax when it ship to the US. Need your advise on this. If I don't have to pay import tax, I would order from them. Thanks.

I'm planning to get Yamato SV-51r Nora from Toy-Wave. Have anyone from the US order from them? Their price is pretty good. They can't seem to confirm if I have to pay import tax when it ship to the US. Need your advise on this. If I don't have to pay import tax, I would order from them. Thanks.

I've done business with Toy-Wave and the transactions have gone extremely well. Just make sure you select the box option for shipping, otherwise less than ideal packaging methods will be used. Although somewhat crude, my items did make it in fine condition without the box.

Some will swear by Toy-Wave and others have not had good experiences. It looks like things were rocky with them at one point. Their prices are by far the lowest I have seen on the net. Shipping isn't too bad either compared to other sellers. No import taxes and I am in Arkansas.

Hope this helps.

Edited by MacrossMan

Toy-wave is good in terms of service. But the price is deceving, as they calculate the weight AFTER they add all the bubble and tape and filling and box and stuff. So while they might list lets say 1kg for your valk in the toy list, you will be paying more like 1.7 or 2kg shipping rate. On top of that, add another 4% Paypal surcharge on you (yup, they put the fee on your responsibility to use Paypal). So after all the add-up, the total price won't be as attrractive as they advertised. But you wouldn't find out until you pay during checkout.

But knowing what you are getting into, Toy-Wave does have good selection, and both Toyman & York are cool guys with great email communications. Also, adding that optional box will add a lot to shipping cost, but if you want your toy box nice, you have to get the box. Otherwise, they will just bubble wrap your stuff into a bubble pillow with tape, and ship it out like that. The toy should be fine, but almost all the time the box will be toasted. So select wisely.

Edited by mpchi

I just ordered an sv-51 nora from toy wave and I accidentally chose "normal" packing for my order rather than box but it was too late to cancel my order as it was being processed. I also received the sv-51 nora today along with the yf-21 today. I first checked the packing he did with my sv-51 and although im not happy it wasnt a box my toy seems to be in brand new condition with no problems... not even the box is dented.

But I did get a good price even with all the added sales tax, shipping, paypal fees and so forth. The sv-51 was on sale for 135 at toy wave and with all the added fees it ended up being 176.00 US dolars, which is still pretty good compared to the asking price on most websites for at least 200 or 220 at the most. I still saved 40 dollars so its a good dea l if you look at it that way.

Edited by transfan52

They can't seem to confirm if I have to pay import tax when it ship to the US. Need your advise on this. If I don't have to pay import tax, I would order from them. Thanks.

There are no TAX/DUTIES for buying or importing most classified toys into the USA.

EU and other countries may have TAX/DUTIES.

Buy away!

Edited by Neova

There are no TAX/DUTIES for buying or importing most classified toys into the USA.

EU and other countries may have TAX/DUTIES.

Buy away!

Yep, and they are running an anniversary sale so I think you at least get an additional 5% in savings and the amount goes up based on how much you spend.

Edited by MacrossMan

i have nothing nice to say.

we'll just leave it at that.

I think it's fair to say DND got dealt a raw deal by Toy-Wave. In this rare instance they should have bit the bullet and took care of their customer IMO. You have to take the good and the bad when deciding to do business with a company. There should be very little, if any, bad associated with the company's customer service record.

As stated in my first reply, they have had some rocky spots with members here as well as some good ones. I recently purchased four of the 1/48 Macross stands and two Ghost Booster sets for a total of $183 shipped to the states EMS in a box.

Price wise, they are hard to beat, but you have to take into account the good and bad experiences of members here and make a decision. My money isn't long at all so the risk was worth the savings in the end...

With the handling fee, EMS shipping, and packaging charge, you may be better off ordering form a US seller like Lost and Found Toys or BigBadToyStore.com .

Both have great customer service.

And with BBTS if you get a lame duck you can return it for an exchange or full refund, no hassle whatsoever.

And with BBTS if you get a lame duck you can return it for an exchange or full refund, no hassle whatsoever.

Good point, but my same order with BBTS would have come to $309.94 before shipping. Risk vs. savings...

With risk you have to understand that there's a chance you might lose in the end. I chosen risk knowing all the dynamics in the level of service Toy-Wave has provided its customers and the risk has paid off.

It's unfortunate that some have had bad experiences. Unfortunate for customers, but even more unfortunate for Toy-Wave as the issue injects doubt into possible customers which in turn causes them to lose business.

When I make a purchase from them I go into it fully knowing that there's a chance that the transaction might not go smooth.

With the economy the way it is people are looking to save any way possible.

Here are the 2 quotes that I got from Toy-Wave for SV-51r Nora and 1/60 YF-21 ship to the US.

Total cost for air parcel + box will be

(138.8 + 204 * 0.9 + 55.6)*4%(paypal) = 393.1USD

Total cost for EMS+ box will be

(138.8 + 204 * 0.9 + 73)*4%(paypal) = 411.2USD

Here are the 2 quotes that I got from Toy-Wave for SV-51r Nora and 1/60 YF-21 ship to the US.

So it would seem you have you answer then eh friend?!?

:ph34r:

when you get your parcel, make sure to go to a currency exchange site and see what the "real" shipping charge was.

he has that really convienent shipping table which is completely lobsided in his favor.