Any Neo Geo fans out there?

is it a win32 interface? or dos, because command line sucks, i have to use it at work, i don't want to use it at home.

and iirc, there arent that many games i want to play

i play 2d fighters, and maybe a little metal slug.

i also use the keyboard for my controller, never got the hang of either the joystick or my sidewinder pro

is it a win32 interface? or dos, because command line sucks, i have to use it at work, i don't want to use it at home.

and iirc, there arent that many games i want to play

i play 2d fighters, and maybe a little metal slug.

i also use the keyboard for my controller, never got the hang of either the joystick or my sidewinder pro

Windows interface

2D fighters galore

Get a cheap arcade stick for $15 at fry's, Best buy, etc...you'll never touch your keyboard ever again.

Ok so I got my new Neo Geo set up on Monday.

This thing is awesome!

It is a Neo Geo 2 slot MVS board that is "consolized"

Meaning that it has a JROK RGB to NTSC S-Video and composite output.

A Jamenco PS and the awesome Uni Bios!(http://bios.cps2shock.com/) This thing lets you pick Region(Japan,USA,Europe) and mode. (Arcade or Console!) It also has built in cheats if you cant beat a game or want to unlock secret charicters.

If you are into Neo Geo and want your games affordably the MVS is the only way to go.

I gave up on the way expensive Neo Geo home cart system back in 99 and I am never going back.

Props to Robert Wallace of http://www.neo-geo.com for putting this setup together for me. B))

post-26-1068651467_thumb.jpg

For those of us who:

a) Don't have a NEO-GEO

b) Don't use emulators/roms

c) Have PS2's

King of Fighters: 2000 & 2001 will be shipping out 11.18.03! Personally I cannot wait!

I heard that the backgrounds will be given the old 3D treatment like the 2 KOF's that were released on the Dreamcast a few years back.

Check it out HERE!

Yeah its gonna be awesome.

KOF 2000 will only have the original BG's

KOF 2001 will have new 3d BG's

Also this US double pack will include some extra "Strikers" charicters not included in the Japanese release.

;)

Does anyone have the SNK NeoGeo Pocket (Color System).

I've heard these lil' suckers are selling for 75% off the normal cost. I saw one at Fry's Electronics and didn't really look into it, now that I've found out it's backlit (and with a GREAT selection of fighting games) I'll be picking one up.

Well? :ph34r:

OH yeah.....the NGP was a little monster. Very cool. Still regret not getting one back in the day.

On the flipside, about a month ago, the EB near me apparently had a nice little stash of them and games and were selling NGP's and 5 games for about $70 or so. I tell ya.....if didn't have the GBA, I might have bought one. So tempting.....I wonder if they still have any..... :ph34r:

Great MVS 2 console conversion w/ UNIBIOS. There seems to be an entire subculture that does these types of mods. I've always wondered tho... is there a peg stand somewhere in the bottom middle of the board to support the center for when you insert a cart? Great title choices too BTW, can't go wrong w/ MS3 and Strikers 45+.

U gonna get shock boxes and print out inserts to complete the home look? ;)

Edited by StealthLurker

Yeah there are 2 supports right under the cart bays.

LOL those arent my games. That was the pics Robert sent me to show me my 2 slot up and running.

I have about 16 games but no Strikers or Slug 3. I do have Metal Slug 1 though! ;)

I plan to get some shockboxes soon. I dont know about printing up all of those inserts though lol.

I am a gamer first and collector second. That is why I have MVS instead of the NGH system.

On a side note.

KOF 2003 new team revealed!

So far they have shown 1 more new team but only 2 members of that team

Billy and Yamizaki!!

And Billy has his Fatal Fury Wild Ambition outfit from the Hyper 64 game!

So far this KOF is shaping up to be awesome.

post-26-1068744431_thumb.jpg

KOF 2003 is on Location Test in Japan!!

Team rosters revealed!

New Hero Team: Ash, Deyuoron, Shen'u

Garou Team: Terry, Griffon, Joe

Outlaw Team: Billy, Yamazaki, Gato

Japan Team: Benimaru, Shingo, Daimon

K' Team: K', Maxima, Whip

AOF Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri

Ikari Warriors Team: Leona, Ralf, Clark

Female Team: King, Mai, Mary

Female Team 2: Athena, Hinako, MARIN (is ATHENA Fans)

Korea Team: Kim, Chang, Jhun

Solo players: Kyo, Iori

Last Boss : RDEL

KOF Moves List 2003

Ahh yes, even more mmcafe lurkers. What this site needs is a MW vs MMcafe tournament, for sheez!! B))

I have to give SNKP props for overhauling the gameplay. Lots of people, myself included, absolutely love the KoF system. But I can't deny that the system is definitely dated. We'll see how this team of rookies (remember, SNKP is NOT SNK) handles the transition, best of luck. Heh, 1 second delay between tags. Who says cartridges don't have load times, SNKP pulls a Capcom!! :lol: *coughSFA3forSNEScough*

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Check out the artwork on this page, and I dare you to tell me it's not beautiful. Somehow I MUST find a way to get this for my MVS.

Guard Crush

GET SAM SHOW 5 AT www.neo-geo.com

The MVS kit there is only $305!!! When they first had the kit it was at $485! That's why I got a copy from highwaygames.com for about $450. But for $305 that's a frickin good deal. Who knows the price may drop more... I've been monitoring neo-geo.com's price on this kit for a bit and it seems to steadily drop every couple weeks or so... Once again you could try to wait it out, but you risk them running out of stock.

Any samurai spirits fan can't be without this.

On the flip-side, seems that mdgamesales is starting to peddle Metal Slug 5 kits... but for a whopping $560 bones! ...Er Metal Slug is a great series and all.. but for that much you might be able to score a vintage elintseeker in today's macross market. ;)

Edited by StealthLurker

Wow, thanks for the tip. I want that game SO BADLY now. I wonder if I got it, if it would be possible to charge admission to come to my house and play it? Heh. I feel extremely confident that I'd be the only person in the entire state of North Carolina to have it. That's a sad state of affairs... but good for me!

Yeah, I read Insert Credit too. Brandon's a cool guy.

Neo-Geo is just awesome, but I have to say that I prefer Garou over KOF and Last Blade over Samurai Shodown.

Then again, I'm a Neo-Geo Pocket Color fan at heart. Anybody have any NGPC items they're looking to sell or trade?

WOOOOOO!

Samurai Shodown for $159! It's all mine, baby! :D

I asked the seller a whole mess of questions, and it seems to be a legit cart. I sure hope so, anyway...

Samurai Shodown 5 eBay auction

That guy is a known bootlegger.

He is well know as a scammer on Neo-Geo.com.

It is a bootleg I can guarentee you that.

<_>

I am telling you. He is a known bootlegger. Most of his bootleg carts have glitches in them too. TRUST ME!!!!

If its too good to be true than it usually is. The Samurai 5 MVS kit from reputible dealers is running between 269 and 309.

Buy it from www.snk-capcom.com or www.neo-geo.com if you want a real cart and not a bootleg.

WOOOOOO!

Samurai Shodown for $159! It's all mine, baby! :D

I asked the seller a whole mess of questions, and it seems to be a legit cart. I sure hope so, anyway...

Samurai Shodown 5 eBay auction

Milkman is right. This guy is bad news. I bought a Garou Mark of the Wolves from this guy a long time ago and it had no endings. I did some research and found a substantial thread about this ebay seller on neo-geo.com. Even if you don't mind a bootleg.. watch out, the insides of some bootlegs look really horrible and look like they could blow any minute.. possibly frying your motherboard and/or your cabinet.

In addition to this SSV cart, recently he was selling SNK vs Capcom chaos carts even before SNK started producing the cart version! Hmmmm... bootleg?

Don't believe what this guy says... he's so shady, he hides behind his mom's power seller rating.

Yes, I am finding out all sorts of bad things about this person after the fact. However, I did cover my bases pretty well in that I asked him all about this cart before I bid on it. He still claims it's authentic, and I'm having a harder and harder time believing that after seeing what the people on neo-geo.com said about him. I may just take a chance and pay and see what happens. If it's a bootleg, then you had better believe that I will follow up and shut him down. I'm still waiting to hear back from him again after I questioned him one more time about the authenticity of the cart. I get the sneaking suspicion that he's going to try to bail out on me now that I'm on to him.