Any Neo Geo fans out there?

You mean SNK fans :p I've been playing SNK games (and fighting games in general) since a pizza place I used to go to asa kid had Fatal Fury 2. I remember telling all my friends it made Street Fighter 2 look stupid :p Ah, the memories. I haven't played Samurai Spirits Zero yet, but I've definetly delved in to SNK vs Capcom. I only played it alittle bit, but the SNK side is basically like the Capcom side was in Capcom vs SNK. Mainly, reused sprites with basically the same moves. The Capcom roster is pretty nice though. Definetly alot more varied then the basic Street Fighter vs KoF that was Capcom vs SNK. I haven't been following the tiers or anything so i can't really say who is the best. I'm looking forward to the PS2 version ^_^

But speaking of the Neo Geo, I had one up until a year ago when it just finally gave up on me :( It was a four slot one I bought from a local arcade that was going out of business for 200 bucks. That was a few years ago (I know I had it pre-KOF 99). It finally got to costly to repair the thing. Most of the parts on the player one's side were taken from player two so I could at least play some one player games. I finally just slapped a ad in the newspaper for it, someone picked it up saying they could find it a new home, and I've been Neo Geo-less ever since. I have no intentions of buying a new one though, as FINALLY SNK is going to better software :)

Ah yes, my mistake... SVC. The movies I've d/led, screenshots and lineup looks great. I can't wait for the MVS version I ordered to come in... and now SSV out at roughly the same time? Man the wallet's hurtin! At least the Macross front is quiet for now....

But yes I've been playing SNK titles for a long time as well. Still have an AES neo geo gold, neo geo cd, pocket and 4 arcade cabinets (2 4 slots and 2 1 slots)... in addition many ports on the various home systems.

Any of you guys play the HyperNeo64 games? I hear mixed reviews on the fun of these games. Visually, these games are dated now but neo fans say they're pretty fun. I've contemplated getting a good package deal from vektorlogic but am on the fence especially right now because I'm eyeing MVS carts of sham sho V, matrimlee, kof2002 and metal slug 3

Any1 get a chance to play Samurai Showdown V (aka zero) or Capcom vs SNK Chaos?

Is Samurai Shodown Zero out already? I thought they only announced it last month.

It's OUT and up for sale (MVS version only for now). Home cart is coming out soon. The MVS (arcade) cart is roughly $485+ at neo-geo.com, EBAY, mdgamesales.com, etc.

I played console ports of the two 64 Samurai Spirits games, and I've played teh console and arcade versions of the 64 Fatal Fury game. There not bad fighting games. They pretty much play like a typical 3-d fighting game, I guess. I don't really like 3-d fighting games, so I didn't give them much thought. Though the Samurai Spirits games were pretty nice. Lot's of new characters to chose from.

Yeah the "hardcore" 2d fighter guys at shouryken said that SVC is imbalanced and has "infinite combos" (or something like that) giving the game serious flaws or something not worthy for competition level play... but I don't really care about learning and competing harcore in it. I just enjoy a fun 2d game w/ great sprites. Arcades and the good ol' days of lining up on a 2d fighter to take down the "king of the hill" are pretty much gone. All that's left are the occasional 2d fighter battles at home w/ some friends. ;)

Ah, yes. The good ol' days of the Neo Geo...

Oh, wait. Those days are still going on in my house right now. :D

In what was the coolest graduation/birthday/Christmas present EVER, all of my best friends got together and rebuilt a Neo Geo 2-slot for me. It is PRISTINE - it has new speakers, a custom wood-finish console, new controls, new monitor, new everything. They also got me Samurai Shodown and KOF '94. After that, I proceeded to buy KOF '95, KOF '96, KOF '97, and Samurai Shodown II and IV. Great stuff - truly classics of the arcade fighting game genre.

I only wish I had more people to play against! After I would consistently beat the ever loving HELL out of them, they all stopped playing. *sigh* I need more competition!

Hi. My name is MilkManX.

*raises hand*

I am addicted to SNK and the Neo Geo.

*clapping*

Seriously I love SNK. I have a NEO-GEO MVS(Multi Video System) Board and about 20 games for that. I also have 2 Neo Geo Pocket Colors and about 25 games for that. I probably play my Neo stuff more than any of my other consoles. The only other game I play about as much is Capcom vs SNK2 on Xbox LIVE.I dont know so much about the new SNK Playmore since most of the original members are now working for various companies but they are doing pretty good. Here is my thoughts on the Post original SNK era.

King of Fighters 2001 was okay but I really dislike the Striker system.( I do like the homage to Tetsuo though in the form of K'9999)

Metal Slug 4 was poo. Rehash city

Rage of the Dragons...I am sorry but this game is crap.

King of Fighters 2002 was good but no KOF 98(one of the best fighters ever)

Matrimelee..havent played it yet.

SVC:Chaos was a bit dissapointing overall I thought. The NGPC version(SNK vs Capcom:Match of the Millenium) is still the best followed by Capcoms CVS2.

Samurai Shodown V(Spirits 0) looks amazing. Yukes has most of the old Samurai 3 and 4 team so I have faith in this one. Plus no one has really complained about it unlike SVC.

Metal Slug 5 looking good so far

KOF 2003. Not much is known yet. The only thing I do know is that Falcon is doing the art so it should have great charicter portraits.

Soley a Neo Geo Pocket fan right now. NGPC is the best handheld fighting system right now. Capcom Vs SNK Millenium Match is the best!!!! The timing and the physics are so good!!!! And teh characters are SD!!!! Cause I love SD stuff. Ao many good fighting games.

I wanna try Metal Slug for PS2 looks fun.

Soley a Neo Geo Pocket fan right now. NGPC is the best handheld fighting system right now. Capcom Vs SNK Millenium Match is the best!!!! The timing and the physics are so good!!!! And teh characters are SD!!!! Cause I love SD stuff. Ao many good fighting games.

I wanna try Metal Slug for PS2 looks fun.

I would say that 95% of the NGPC games are excellent.

Pick up Last Blade!

Also you have to play SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters Clash.

I play my NGPC alot more than my GBA.

Thanks to MAME I get to play all my favourite Neo geo games. Metal Slug, Samurai Spirit and Magician Lord were (and still are! ) my favourites.

<-------------- I like Cardfighters Clash, also :)

Thanks to MAME I get to play all my favourite Neo geo games. Metal Slug, Samurai Spirit and Magician Lord were (and still are! ) my favourites.

Magician Lord was da bomb. Did you ever beat it? I've seen people who can beat it with 1 quarter but I've never been able to accomplish that feat.

No.. I never did beat that bastard. :D I'm getting into MAME again lately. It's the biggest nostalgia trip ever. My most proud gaming moments were when I beat Aliens and Robocop in the arcade when I was 13 or 14.

The Samurai Spirits series is my favorite fighting series of all time... I shudder to think of how many quarters I've dropped in these machines.....

I've been pretty disappointed in the PS ports of them, though... they all suffer terribly from load time and inability to link stuff properly....

Where can I get the Hyper 64 SS ports?

The Samurai Spirits series is my favorite fighting series of all time... I shudder to think of how many quarters I've dropped in these machines.....

I've been pretty disappointed in the PS ports of them, though... they all suffer terribly from load time and inability to link stuff properly....

Where can I get the Hyper 64 SS ports?

You cant. The common misconception is that the PS 3d Samurai games are from the Hyper 64. They arent. Not even close. The only way to get them is to buy a Hyper 64 cab or Jamma board.

I have never even gotten to play them.

Tonight I just played the crap out of Samurai Shodown IV again. I love that game. B))

If you don't have a neo geo MVS (arcade), AES (home cart) or CD system the best ports of Samurai Spirits 3 and 4 are for the japanese SEGA Saturn. Load times are great via the RAM cart. The sound and animation is not arcade level, but good enough to enjoy. If you're a pirating bastage (hehe), then run an emulator on your PC.

As for the hyperneo64, yeah the ps samurai 3d games are a diff game and yes the only way to currently play the neo64 games is with actual arcade hardware. Fortunately, you can get this stuff for a decent price on the web. A place called vektorlogic (http://www.vektorlogic.com) sells hyperneo64 motherboards w/ 4 games I believe for roughly $250. However you need a supergun or arcade cabinet to use it.

***DROOL*** the SVC board! Very nice!

Anyways, my favorite aspect of SvC isn't the fighting, it's the banter between characters!

post-3.jpg

Props to the guy who took this beautiful screencap. I'd love to provide a name & link, but I can't remember. Do you remember, Vinny?

Edited by TheLoneWolf

This is my first time seeing it, LoneWolf. But definetly a nice screen shot. Qulity and content wise :p

I love SVC Chaos, I think it's much better than CVS.

God the SNK side got screwed over in the first release, at least they evened things up in CVS 2. <_<

I'm waiting for December, then its SVC for PS2! I would have prefered a dreamcast release, but oh well! <_<

I don't like the fact that you can do a MAX DM only once per opponent (or was it per round?), but the super bar is kinda cool otherwise. Kyo's fun this year, a mix of 2001 and 2002.

And of course Iori gets ANGRY!!