Something interesting from SEGA

Think he thought Sega was announcing another console of their own. I kinda wish they would. I always liked their stuff better than the Nintendo equivalents. Ah well. ;)

oh great, here we go again. No matter what sega does, it's going to flop somehow. Unless they can pull off some sort of miracle gaming system, I don't see this being very successful. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

There's no way Sega is getting back into the console businessm they're trying to streamline themselves into a profitable company and its obvious (to them and everyone else) making their own consoles hasn't worked well for them since the Genesis days.

Also, the Magicbox is well known for crappy translations, so take anything they say with a big chunk of salt.

There's no way Sega is getting back into the console businessm they're trying to streamline themselves into a profitable company and its obvious (to them and everyone else) making their own consoles hasn't worked well for them since the Genesis days.

You're missing a fundamental ualifier.

Making their own consoles hasn't worked well for them IN AMERICA since the Genesis days.

The Master System was actually rather successul everywhere EXCEPT North America.

The Saturn was stil neck and neck with the PS1 in Japan untill Sega killed it to focus their resources on the Dreamcast, which ALSO did amazingly well In Japan(Sega actually had to restart the assembly lines after buying back US Dreamcast consoles for resale in Japan due to incredibly high demand, and new games are STILL coming out today).

The Genesis was unique in that Sega's US division knew what it was doing, and was given enough room to do what needed to be done to sell it. Sega Japan was calling ALL the shots on the Saturn, and it suffered in America for it.

...at the show Sega will present their latest console and arcade lineups.

What he means is this: Sega will present their latest console games, as well as their arcade games. If this sentence had been structured like below (note the comma), then we could say that Sega is making a new console (which Sega is not doing). I wish I remembered the exact grammatical terminology in this case, argh! :D

...Sega will present their latest console, and arcade lineups.