Robotech Live Action Movie

mjy208

On September 7, 2007, the Hollywood Reporter stated that Warner Brothers had acquired the film rights to Robotech, and would be producing a live-action film with an as-yet-unknown release date (However, it has been listed with a 2010 release date in the Internet Movie Database). Tobey Maguire is producing the film through his Maguire Entertainment banner and is eyeing the lead role in what the studio plans on being a tentpole sci-fi franchise. "We are very excited to bring 'Robotech' to the big screen," Maguire said. "There is a rich mythology that will be a great foundation for a sophisticated, smart and entertaining film...".[5]

Drew Crevello also is producing through his Supercool Hollywood BigTime Productions Company.

Craig Zahler ("The Brigands of Rattleborge") has been tapped to write the screenplay.

In an interview,[6] Harmony Gold representative Kevin McKeever said that Warner Brothers had approached Harmony Gold about the project, that Harmony Gold would have "a say" in its creative direction, and that it was not expected to affect the production schedule for Shadow Rising. He was unable to confirm any details of budget, casting, expected release date, or storyline, explaining that it was too early in the life of the project for these things to have been decided.

If I'm right, this isn't the place to put robotech, you'll get shot putting it here in the Macross section, it should be going into the anime/scifi/other section of the forums.

Please be more careful........cause ppl will shoot you.

If I'm right, this isn't the place to put robotech, you'll get shot putting it here in the Macross section, it should be going into the anime/scifi/other section of the forums.

Please be more careful........cause ppl will shoot you.

Well, be a little more sympathetic than that. It IS the closest thing we'll probably ever see to a blockbuster Macross movie.

Well, be a little more sympathetic than that. It IS the closest thing we'll probably ever see to a blockbuster Macross movie.

At the risk of sounding like one of those obsessive internet types... I refuse to be sympathetic to this project, let alone equate it to Macross.

The block buster Macross movie was DYRL.

nothing with Toby Maguire in it will even come close...

This is one case where I can safely say that I actually PREFER anime - I don't want a "live action" Macross movie. Not everything has to be made into "live action."

Boo Hoo! I don't like this project at all.

Don't like the idea of it.

Got nothing against Toby - liked him in Spiderman - although sometimes his version of Peter Parker remined me of "Machine" from 8mm with Nicholas Cage - seriously - look at the guy who is beneath the mask and how he lives - that's like a failed version of Peter Parker... :)

err...anyways - don't like this notion of Robotech the movie. Am particularly dreading "sequels"

now what I COULD get behind is a live action version of Macross 7!

VFTF1

Ok, I think you miss my point, VFTF1. I'm merely saying that even though it may turn out to be crap, it's the closest LIVE ACTION Macross-like movie we will probably see. Unless someone has bought the rights to Macross which..... well that's pretty much impossible right now.