Macross World Profile By Quantcast

jet660

Those are some very strange numbers for MW and RT.com. I like the number of MWers that don't fit into an ethnicity. I would also guess that the average user of this site makes more than Quantcast indicates and is better educated.

Looks like a pile of crap made up by some bored, underworked, statistical pencil necks that don't have a clue. :rolleyes:

Was anyone on this site actually surveyed to get the results or did the they just use their "great internet savy" <_< to make up the numbers?

Looks like a pile of crap made up by some bored, underworked, statistical pencil necks that don't have a clue. :rolleyes:

Was anyone on this site actually surveyed to get the results or did the they just use their "great internet savy" <_< to make up the numbers?

Because the only way to get data on users is based on direct questioning?

Those are some very strange numbers for MW and RT.com. I like the number of MWers that don't fit into an ethnicity. I would also guess that the average user of this site makes more than Quantcast indicates and is better educated.

yeah, the household income and education findings are very suspect.

I call shenanigans.

How did they get data on our enthnicity, household income, education and children's ages? Nowhere on our MW profiles is this information listed. As for gender and age, listing that information is optional on MW, I know I didn't bother to fill in that information. It's possible that these questions were asked during our initial registration and not listed on our profiles, but I seem to recall only needing to submit my e-mail address for registration and not needing to fill out a questionaire. Quantcast's numbers are probably fudged, at least for MW.

I would call shenanigans on the entire site. According to this bogus site, MAHQ appeals to a male, African-American audience that makes up to $60,000 a year, while Mecha Talk appeals to an older female crowd. Whatever this site is (and I've never heard of it before now), it sounds like completely fabricated garbage.

Yeah, this definitely smells of BS. :)

If its true....it would be depressing...

To think Robotech.com would have so many more unique visitors!!

<hmmm, on reflection actually i do think that bit is entirely possible given that macross is predominantly a intra-japan anime...argh. Point being that macrossworld is unlikely to be a true gauge of the absolute number of people (including non-english speakers) that like macross (and not robotech)>

Edited by nemesis_trooper